2011 Testing - Jerez - 10th to 13th Feb

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Donuts

Re: Testing 2011 - Jerez - 10th to 13th Feb

Ferraripilot wrote:Nick setting a 1:20.942 looking very nice.
It's getting ridiculous! Are the "unleashing" him? Are they letting him do a fastest lap to compare it with Bruno Senna tomorrow? It's a showdown! :lol:
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

andartop
andartop

It's not about the fastest time. All morning he has been doing consistent laps on request, being right on the pace from his first lap and made no mistakes. I guess this is exactly what a team would need for testing. The "impressive" pace which currently puts him in second place 0.4" off Alonso is just a bonus. We don't know how Bruno will perform but so far Heidfeld seems to have the job done.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Donuts

andartop wrote:It's not about the fastest time. All morning he has been doing consistent laps on request, being right on the pace from his first lap and made no mistakes. I guess this is exactly what a team would need for testing. The "impressive" pace which currently puts him in second place 0.4" off Alonso is just a bonus. We don't know how Bruno will perform but so far Heidfeld seems to have the job done.
And now he's fastest? Coincidence? :o
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

timbo
timbo

I sure think he wants to show he's got the speed.
Petrov's doing lion's share of checking systems work helps too.

nacho
nacho

Donuts wrote:It will be really embarassing for Vitaly Petrov if Nick Heidfeld qualifies ahead of him in Bahrain's GP. Still not sure thou, testing does'nt reveal much... ofcourse the replacement are trying a bit more to impress the team...
Well I don't think it would be embarassing, it should be obivious that he is faster and everyone is expecting Heidfeld to be faster, it would be embarasing the other way around.

donskar
donskar

Still too soon for definitive evaluations, but McL seems fast but unreliable (or just not yet set up); Ferrari pickup truck fast and reliable; Red Bull scary fast on long runs. And Nick looks to have earned himself a ride in the Renault, which looks to be fast. Add a "so far, and with unknown fuel loads" to each of the above. :lol:
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

H.Lyoud
H.Lyoud

RB is devastating the rest in long runs, thats all.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Are they doing this on purpose? :D
Looks very close, hope it stays that way for the season...

1 7 SCHUMACHER P 1:20.352 - - 1:24.761
2 9 HEIDFELD P 1:20.361 0.009 0.009 1:23.473
3 6 MASSA P 1:20.413 0.061 0.052

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

It will be great to have quick Nick back on the grid this year. He has the speed and experience to showcase the Renault, which is an interesting car for the year. I think Renault are the surprise team to watch so far this year. Maybe not quite on pace with RB but we'll just see how it goes. It should be a very tight race this year.

marcush.
marcush.

who would doubt Nick delivering in this situation.He´s very rarely putting a foot wrong and he seems to be on course to gain a reputation as a supersub.Impressive and a real pro.I´m sure Renault feels relieved now as their campaign is right back on track
now.
I´m looking forward to see Robert coming back as quick as possible.

Ferraripilot

H.Lyoud wrote:RB is devastating the rest in long runs, thats all.

Ferrari and MB are going to be close I have no doubt. I can see 5 teams within .5 of one another this year with the top 3 within .2.

raymondu999

I'd actually think Nick and Bruno will be put on identical regimen. That way a head-to-head shootout for the seat can be done, like they used to have.

I haven't been analyzing laptimes so far. On short and long runs, how much advantage are we talking of here? Everyone seems to say RB is a long-run demon
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

csponton
csponton

raymondu999

I just thought - wouldn't it be useful if someone came up with "average laptime over long run" figures? And how many laps that was? As in, continuous stints, without pitstops.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

raymondu999 wrote:I'd actually think Nick and Bruno will be put on identical regimen. That way a head-to-head shootout for the seat can be done, like they used to have.

I haven't been analyzing laptimes so far. On short and long runs, how much advantage are we talking of here? Everyone seems to say RB is a long-run demon
Well my money is well on Nick for the driver ..

As for the RB, they know more than any other team how important pole is .. they are still laying low IMO. But Vettel .. he just cannot go the day without a raging attempt to lead the times .. he just cannot help himself. How did RB manage to control him?