Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Donuts

Re: Kubica's Recovery

ringo wrote:Ok, whatever you say.
Not ok, "whatever" you say. He's(Cravenciak) correct in everything he comments on in the last post. Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups! :lol:
The speed of Ayrton Senna.
The mind of Alain Prost.
The dedication of Michael Schumacher.
The determination of Alex Zanardi.

raymondu999

For all we know, Donuts could be right. And for all we know, ringo could be right. For now it's absolutely pointless to argue over something as it doesn't change anything; and not even anything in the next half-year. Things can still turn around for better or for worse in the next 6 months.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

raymondu999 wrote:For all we know, Donuts could be right. And for all we know, ringo could be right. For now it's absolutely pointless to argue over something as it doesn't change anything; and not even anything in the next half-year. Things can still turn around for better or for worse in the next 6 months.
The thing is, I'm not arguing, I'm just not happy when someone acts as they know everything when it's obvious that they don't and that nobody can know. I have'nt posted that RK will be back for 2012, beacuse I don't know. I can only hope that he will be. I have'nt posted that he will be as good as before, beacuse I don't know. I can only hope that he will be.
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

Realistically I don't think he will be immediately on the pace. Even if he is physically 100%, he will be out of practice if anything. I don't know about you folks, but whenever I don't play golf for a long while my handicap goes up. Until I've swung a few hundred rounds; then it returns to its peak.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Donuts

Does the simulator future G-forces? We'll sounds like a stupid question, that's why I did'nt post it at first, but now I've read something interesting... http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2011/08/a ... simulator/ 8)
The mind of Alain Prost.

raymondu999

How would a simulator be able to simulate G-forces? G-forces would be a function of the body's momentum vs the car's actual motion. The body wouldn't have the momentum of having just travelled at 300km/h
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Richard
Richard

G forces are about acceleration, not momentum. You can turn a tight corner at slow speed (hence low momentum) and feel a bigger sideways G force than a much higher speed (higher momentum) on a gentle motorway bend.

The simulators don't exert much G, they do move around a bit to simulate the directof onf the car but not the acceleration.

kalinka
kalinka

Just found this >

http://racingnewsflash.com/content/kubi ... other-hand

It's not a long article, so I post it here >

"Finnish ex-F1 driver Mika Salo says Robert Kubica has a thumb missing from his other hand. Salo met the doctrors on other race series, and the doctors told it will be hard for Kubica to continue racing, but the doctors are doing their best.

- On our last days Kubica's doctors were responsible about our things. They said they believe he will not drive much anymore. He is on a bad situation, that there are fingers missing - a thumb is missing from his other hand, Mika Salo told on MTV3 during Free Practice sessions at friday.

- They believe he is not able to drive on the professional side anymore. But the doctors are still trying and they are doing their best."

Wonder how much credible is this site ? I never heard from it before...

rsist
rsist

http://www.fakt.pl/m/Repozytorium.Obiek ... 262665.jpg
there is definetely a thumb missing here

kalinka
kalinka

You mean NOT missing....? I hoped so that's just a rumour.

Donuts

All this is rubbish, read Mokolaj Sokols blog(if you understand polish)... Mika Salo has some screws loose...
The mind of Alain Prost.

ringo

Looks like rubbish to me, unless it's the left hand.

His left hand was probably unscathed in the accident as it was by the driver door and not in the middle with the guard rail piercing through.
For Sure!!

Lurk

Taken in June, you can see his left thumb.
http://blog.lefigaro.fr/F1-tour-de-chau ... ca%201.jpg

One left thumb, one right thumb. I think he has all his thumbs :D

beelsebob
beelsebob

What may have been lost in translation is whether he meant lost mobility in his thumb, rather than lost his thumb.

Donuts

beelsebob wrote:What may have been lost in translation is whether he meant lost mobility in his thumb, rather than lost his thumb.
No, it's pretty clear.The only thing that's lost is something in Mika Salo's brain...
The mind of Alain Prost.