Kubica's Recovery

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
heron1999
heron1999

Re: Kubica's in hospital

Looks like the armco came straight through the drivers footwell...

Hope his injuries will not end his career.

Get well soon robert

edit: image link corrected

ringo

Unbelievable!!

I feel sad for him, he can't be champion this year. I hope he is still able to drive after he is recovered.

Good car, basically a rookie teammate, this was his year. He threw it away.
Hope he gets back soon enough to at least win a race in this car.

On the bright but weird side, Senna steps up to the plate to drive a black and gold Lotus Renault again.
For Sure!!

myurr
myurr

heron1999 wrote:Looks like the armco came straight through the drivers footwell...

Hope his injuries will not end his career.

Get well soon robert

edit: image link corrected
While that looks bad, it is after the car was cut open so they could get Kubica out so it may not have been quite as bad as that.

PlatinumZealot

Sorry Tomba.. but DAMN, Mr murphy is always around..

There are some wild rumours flying about but we know that rally cars are relatively safe, so hope that he can be recovered and fit very soon.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 06 Feb 2011, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

2011F1
2011F1

Robert Kubica Crash in Italian Rally – Photos

Last edited by mx_tifoso on 06 Feb 2011, 23:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed link

raymondu999

Looks like Renault will need a new team leader. That just cost them a team leader and their lead car developer. At least for the first few rounds, I guess. But they're losing out on valuable testing miles that could ahve been used to develop the car.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

fenix4life
fenix4life

Who is free, a leader and can develop a car.

Not sure if any free driver on the market can suite their needs.

Sean H
Sean H

Thoughts with Robert on a speedy recovery, sounds like it could be a difficult road back to F1 shape for him this year.

If it looks like the season is lost, maybe Renault should write a huge check to Kimi...
"The car is slow in the straights and doesn't work well in the corners." JV

luca
luca

Kubica update: surgery set to finish at 8pm CET. No amputation of hand, but too soon to judge on functionality.
Source: http://twitter.com/NobleF1/statuses/34280365636059136

Richard
Richard

That's terrible news. It is a hazard of the sport and we expect it to happen to someone, but the world stops when the abstract probability becomes a person with a name and face.

After that you think "why", how could this happen?

Then when you know he's OK, your engineering mind turns to lessons to be learnt.

Some reports have mentioned Massa. Personally, I remember Surtees. It is too easy to forget the unsung drivers who have died in this sport.

I wish Kubica a speedy recovery, I hope he gets well soon.

ringo

Damn!!!

Eric Boulier must be going crazy. So much on his mind right now.

Why Kubica whyyyyy!!!! #-o What a waste, just focus o F1. This is why Mclaren don't let their drivers drive in other series.
For Sure!!

Ferraripilot

If this was indeed a massive hand crush, the big thing will be keeping the thing clean after removing all dead tissue during surgery. Inadequate debridement and/or leaving a dead space which fills with fluid and detritus behind the flexor tendons leads on to infection, devascularisation of the fingers and amputation. I hope not, but 'crushed hand' is a really rough one.

myurr
myurr

adamcooperf1 #F1 Quote from Robert's manager Daniele Morelli: "The surgeons are trying to restore the functionality of his right hand." #kubica

adamcooperf1 #F1 Gerber says: "(he) was conscious, then fainted and woke up a couple of times, without having full knowledge of what has happened"

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Lets hope a speedy recovery is on the cards for Robert.

Before turning to replacements, id like to say that in F1 we are blessed in comparison to some other series like rallying in safety terms. Looking at some of the big accidents in recent years, Hamilton and Kovalinenn could have been so much worse off in with their cars spearing off into barriers at Nurburgring and Barcelona. Not least Kubica and Webber's big accidents in 2007 and 2010 respectively. Massa and Glock are the only drivers in recent years to be injured in F1, Ho Pin Tung, Jules Bianchi and Josef Kral (i think) had some monster shunts in GP2 as well, but all survived, lower than that its a bit more of a lottery as we saw at Brands Hatch with Surtees in F2 and Superleague Formula last year. As for tin tops and ALMS, their safety is as good as F1 generally especially after the shunt in DTM last year that destroyed the Audi (i think). Im not saying that Rallying is unsafe, but i feel that there should start looking into safety a little more, especially at the firewall bulkhead.

As for replacements, it could be time for Renault to sign Heidfeld on a limited contract??? But feel they will throw their weight behind Petrov and develop the R31 for him and put Senna into the seat that Kubica was in to keep the seat warm for him. Or could they go for Lucas Di Grasi or De La Rosa??? Theres not much out there thats avalable.

tarzoon

pardon my poor italian, but is the journalist starting the news by saying that Kubica's hand was amputated?

Hope to see him on track soon. Kubica with that renault would be something to look forward during the start of the season.