My favourite worst F1-car!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bot6
bot6

Re: Most ugliest F1 car

And it would also have its place in the long wheelbase VS short wheelbase thread.

Sebp

Found another pic of that scary thing Ciro posted:

It's dubbed the "Eagle Aircraft" according to the sources that some googling provided me with.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

It is the Eagle Aircraft Flyer-Chevy that Ken Hamilton entered for the Indy 500 in 1982. It was withdrawn from the race becasue it had very poor handling and was slow.

bot6
bot6

Re: My favourite worst F1-car!

Is it me or did two completely different threads just get merged by an overzealous mod? It's a bit difficult to follow now between "badly performing but loveable" cars (= favourite worst F1 car) and just plain ugly ones (most ugliest F1 car).

Sebp

bot6 wrote:Is it me or did two completely different threads just get merged by an overzealous mod? It's a bit difficult to follow now between "badly performing but loveable" cars (= favourite worst F1 car) and just plain ugly ones (most ugliest F1 car).
No it's not just you... I'm a little confused too.

wesley123
wesley123

Sebp wrote:Found another pic of that scary thing Ciro posted:

It's dubbed the "Eagle Aircraft" according to the sources that some googling provided me with.
who said the current f1 cars have long wheelbases?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Giblet
Giblet

There was a quote about the 4wd Cosworth. The test driver that day was given a glass of red wine before the test, the "Red Infuriator" it was called, so he could deal with the undrivable beast
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Jeffsvilleusa

The thread has been simplified to encompass all types of 'bad' :)
My go:
I could never get into this latest F1 incarnation of extra wide front wings with their extra long attachment arms, and the petite rear wing. Now that we have high-degradation tyres, DRS and KERS, can't we restore a little aesthetic appeal??
Box! Box!

cossie
cossie

when the word crapwagon is penned for you, Well Dullarra i mean Dallra is the winner hands downImage

Pandamasque

Since the topic has gone far beyond F1 let's not forget one of the most recent unfortunate looking things with 4 wheels the Panoz AbruzziImage

bot6
bot6

Getting back to F1 and contemporary times, this must surely be the ugliest F1 car currently on the grid. The livery is not that bad, but the lines of the front of this car are just awful.

RabMcH

cossie wrote:when the word crapwagon is penned for you, Well Dullarra i mean Dallra is the winner hands downImage
I have that set as my desktop background :lol:

Sebp

cossie wrote:Image
I don't know, that arrow shaped thing kind of reminds of the cartoons I used to watch as a kid in the eighties. Just can't put my finger on it. Was it Transformers, M.A.S.K. - dunno.

Or this:
1989 Batmobile

Pandamasque

How could I forget about this Chaparral 2J...

No, it's a racing car, honestly. Not a fridge nor a washing machine.

bot6
bot6

Sebp, you have to admit that arrow shape thing does look good though, even if it seems to indicate they will soon show IndyCar on the Sci-Fi channel.