Ringo F1 design

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
MIKEY_!

Re: Ringo F1 design

Sorry to bring up something so old but this idea comes from trackmania nations.
ringo wrote:Image

no major cooling exits as yet. It's in the no compromise form at the moment.

If you notice from the top view the side pod inlet slant forward. I have tested this, (with a proper intake hole on a different model) and it seems to produce down-force over the lip of the inlet.
This is a first in F1. :mrgreen: There is a small drag penalty however.

Most teams use this area differently. Mclaren use it to slot the front of their side pod. Ferrari and renault have their crash structure in it as this area is not restricted by the regulation to have a min. 75mm radius for one close curve.
I'm using it as an area to extend bottom of the sidepod and creat some force.

inspired by the Mig "fox hound"

and f22 "raptor"

just flipped upside down

matt21

Do you think, the fins will comply with the bodywork rules regarding minimum radius of curves?

ringo

MIKEY_! wrote:Sorry to bring up something so old but this idea comes from trackmania nations.
I don't know what the hell is that.
I don't steal ideas; sorry.

Better you post a link as to what you are talking about.

This was designed and tested, and it has a quantified advantage.

There will be no copying of ideas in this thread. All ideas are original.

I'd like to see this track mania thing though. :wink:
For Sure!!

ringo

matt21 wrote:Do you think, the fins will comply with the bodywork rules regarding minimum radius of curves?
Yes. That area on the splitter is not restricted by minimum radius.

The vertical transition on the reference plane though is restricted. It can't be finned, though it can have a flat plate there.
For Sure!!

Giblet
Giblet

Would it be sufficient to cool the KERS with the new requirement to have to run on solely electric power in the pits?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

gridwalker
gridwalker

Didn't Bernie veto the KERS only pit concept on senility-ooops-SAFETY grounds? Something to do with not being able to hear the cars approaching?
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

matt21

As I was interessed where you should have copied from Ringo:

"Trackmania Nations" seems to be a racing game and this is the car:

I can hardly see an F1 car in this.

MIKEY_!

Busted... sorry not saying you copied just coincidence but interesting anyway. Since someone else thought of it as well helps to say its a good idea. Course trackmania nations is probably not CFD tested :mrgreen:

ringo

That??!! :P

No, i really think you're here with intentions to slander.

Sorry that's not even close. That is a vertical opening and doesn't work the same way.
I was expecting some logical reply and this guy comes in with this foolishness.

This is ridicoulous. That's weak sauce.

That sidepod is a completely different principle, and is more about style than anything else. Look on the outside vertical part.
The secondly realize that the opening is basically the floor of the car so the behaivior is completely different.

Busted? :?

Dude ...

what is your purpose in this thread?

You know when people don't know the first thing about fluids, but they're quick to to offend and make points that are neither here no there.

Close but no cigar. Keep looking around to find something that doesn't exist elsewhere. :lol:
For Sure!!

ringo

MIKEY_! wrote:Busted... sorry not saying you copied just coincidence but interesting anyway. Since someone else thought of it as well helps to say its a good idea. Course trackmania nations is probably not CFD tested :mrgreen:
It's not the same. *head bash*
That thing creates a vortex at the side pod point and the barge board point.
Completely different concept.
The inlet is also a straight through, no curve like a modern F1 car.

It's also from a game, so it's aerodynamics can be questioned.
For Sure!!

MIKEY_!

Dude ease up its just a casual observation i'm not having a go at you and not sure why anyone would want to.
Like i said.

gridwalker
gridwalker

On a positive note, it has given me a new game to play when I want to chuck around a car that defies the laws of physics ... it isn't bad, in a ludicrous kind of way ;)
"Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine ..."

ringo

MIKEY_! wrote:Dude ease up its just a casual observation i'm not having a go at you and not sure why anyone would want to.
Like i said.

I over reacted there. :oops:
But when i say all ideas are original and only original, it looks like i'm guilty of lying even before evidence is placed on the thread.
I have no reason to fabircate lies. If there is some influence from other designs, you'll see them posted here.
For Sure!!

MIKEY_!

Na its ok man I over did it to. I can't expect people to go around making sure something has not been done before when they have as many ideas as you.

Tozza Mazza

Any Progress Ringo? 8)