P.U.R.E Appointment

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
SeijaKessen

Re: Pure Engines

PURE will certainly have company soon when it comes to suspended programs right JET?

bhall
bhall

Anyone know about their "US-based" investor?

SeijaKessen

bhallg2k wrote:Anyone know about their "US-based" investor?
I was under the impression all the investors were private?

xpensive
xpensive

bhallg2k wrote:Anyone know about their "US-based" investor?
You believe that?

But if you do, take your guess from Ken Anderson to Tony George or perhaps the France family?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

bhall
bhall

I don't believe or disbelieve anything. I'd just like to know who think it's a bright idea to fund an F1 engine supply startup.

xpensive
xpensive

This has been thoroughly discussed on the original thread, mods?

Dragonfly
Dragonfly

So my hunch that it is PURE pollocks was correct.
F1PitRadio ‏@F1PitRadio : MSC, "Sorry guys, there's not more in it"
Spa 2012

munudeges
munudeges

"The situation is very simple," he [Pollock] said. "The investor is US-based, but the bridging finance must come out of the EU as Swiss authorities are insisting upon that because of the tax situation.
Hmmmmmmmm.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

What did everyone honestly expect?

Gilles Simon must be seething! But again, with Craig bollocks behind the show what did he expect?
I wonder if red bull are waiting to pick up the scraps?
More could have been done.
David Purley

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:
"The situation is very simple," he [Pollock] said. "The investor is US-based, but the bridging finance must come out of the EU as Swiss authorities are insisting upon that because of the tax situation.
Hmmmmmmmm.
I wouldn't read too much into the US-connection, to my mind the usual suspects would still include Peugeot, which is almost bancrupt btw, or Mateschitz having a change of heart about the entire thing. Or it could simply be MrT realizing that the 2014 engine-regulation will never take place anyway and has advised Gilles Simon to get the hell out of there?

SeijaKessen

xpensive wrote:
munudeges wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm.
I wouldn't read too much into the US-connection, to my mind the usual suspects would still include Peugeot, which is almost bancrupt btw, or Mateschitz having a change of heart about the entire thing. Or it could simply be MrT realizing that the 2014 engine-regulation will never take place anyway and has advised Gilles Simon to get the hell out of there?
Explain about the 2014 regulation never taking place...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

I've merged the new thread into the one that had been around for a while. We didn't need a duplicate thread roaming around.

And this doesn't sound surprising at all, why it always sounded too good to be true. Cosworth might even drop out as well.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

SeijaKessen

mx_tifoso wrote:I've merged the new thread into the one that had been around for a while. We didn't need a duplicate thread roaming around.

And this doesn't sound surprising at all, why it always sounded too good to be true. Cosworth might even drop out as well.
Cosworth dropping out wouldn't be a big loss IMO.

When's the last time Cosworth-powered cars were relevant in F1? The 1970s?

xpensive
xpensive

It seems to me that some of the engine-manufacturers involved are already getting concerned over the possibly stratospherical costs of developing KERS, HERS and god knows what -ERS, while being in a Euro-condition that might be shaky at best.

There will be 2.4 V8s in 2014, or I'll eat an unhealthy portion of Baclava.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Re: P.U.R.E Appointment

We'll see 1.6 turbos in 2014.

Just because a mickey mouse pollock outfit can't make it onto the grid in 2014 doesn't mean Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz or Renault cannot.
The expenses of inital development have already been spent.
Both Renault and Mercedes have benched their V6s, and are in full development mode as we chatter.

Pollock didn't expect that European bread and butter makers, like Peugeot, Citroen, Alfa, Fiat, Seat(weak expectations, surprisingly), Lancia and even Renault are suffering big time. He'd probably hoped to offload it to one of the above....Renault are tucked in bed with Nissan, who are performing well.
So I can see their continued involvement as an engine supplier.

Who will pick up this hot potato?
The Koreans don't appear to have an appetite for F1, and the Chinese will not entertain it until they have a full range of cars the west can consume. The Americans have little interest, so my bet is it will either be taken over by some kamikaze hedge fund management company, in the laughable hope that the global motor industry reverses its current trend of choosing brands over budget offerings, or it will die.
Last edited by JohnsonsEvilTwin on 28 Jul 2012, 00:01, edited 1 time in total.
More could have been done.
David Purley