In a reaction to the coronavirus crises, Ferrari has decided to suspend all activities in its factories with immediate effect until at least March 27.
In light of the ongoing coronavirus crises, Ferrari has shut its Maranello factory, suspending all its operation including the sprorts car production and its Formula 1 activities.
The coronavirus that has claimed the life of 5833 people so far across the globe has most affected Italy in Europe. The country located in south-central Europe has already registered 1441 deaths with the situation showing no improvements over the past days.
With Ferrari’s headquarter and production base located in Maranello and Modena, the Italian luxury sports car manufacturer has been suffering from the lockdown that the government has imposed five days ago.
Ferrari issued a statement in which it announced that production both in Maranello and Modena would cease with immediate effect until at least March 27. Despite suspending all operational activities, staff will be able to continue working from home.
Praising the dedication of the company and team members, Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri said that the Italian company had no other choice.
"In a time like this, my gratitude goes first and foremost to the women and men of Ferrari who, with their tremendous commitment over the past few days, have shown the passion and dedication that defines our brand."
"Together with our suppliers, they have taken care of the production of the company. And it is out of our respect for them, for their peace of mind and that of their family that we have chosen this path. Our customers and fans are also in our thoughts because we are preparing for a strong restart,” he said.