General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
etusch

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

I dissappointed because of Hartleys unlucky or maybe bad planned try. He could be upper than Gasly at these streets. I hope they both have a good and clean start and can improve during race. It would be wonderful taking points with two car.

Talisman
Talisman

godlameroso wrote:
26 May 2018, 21:39
Talisman wrote:
26 May 2018, 21:02
godlameroso wrote:
25 May 2018, 20:10
What does any of this have to do with Honda? Who might I add, are on the cusp of surpassing Renault if they don't improve themselves. If Honda wins with Red Bull in 2019 it'll be the sweetest redemption for both teams.
I might be mistaken but isn’t Renault the yardstick by which Honda will be measured, at least by Red Bull?

IMO whether the next Honda is better than the Renault won’t be the deciding factor. It is the speed and ability both companies demonstrate in improving the units and resolving unexpected issues.

I may be biased but I think Honda is the better option when this is considered.

That interpersonal relations between Red Bull and Renault are nearly openly hostile helps of course.
Honda has Mercedes as the yardstick, it's not trying to match Renault it's trying to beat Mercedes. Red Bull Honda in 2019 is a logical step.
Not for Red Bull as I keep repeating. Mercedes and Ferrari aren’t options for RBR as they’ve found out already.

There won’t be a Red Bull Honda in 2019 if Red Bull decide Renault is better. Hence why people on this thread, not just myself, keep comparing Honda to Renault.

maguetox
maguetox

Talisman wrote:
27 May 2018, 09:30
godlameroso wrote:
26 May 2018, 21:39
Talisman wrote:
26 May 2018, 21:02

I might be mistaken but isn’t Renault the yardstick by which Honda will be measured, at least by Red Bull?

IMO whether the next Honda is better than the Renault won’t be the deciding factor. It is the speed and ability both companies demonstrate in improving the units and resolving unexpected issues.

I may be biased but I think Honda is the better option when this is considered.

That interpersonal relations between Red Bull and Renault are nearly openly hostile helps of course.
Honda has Mercedes as the yardstick, it's not trying to match Renault it's trying to beat Mercedes. Red Bull Honda in 2019 is a logical step.
Not for Red Bull as I keep repeating. Mercedes and Ferrari aren’t options for RBR as they’ve found out already.

There won’t be a Red Bull Honda in 2019 if Red Bull decide Renault is better. Hence why people on this thread, not just myself, keep comparing Honda to Renault.
If I understand correctly, both of you are correct in their appreciations. From the Honda side, their target is Mercedes and Ferrari, but from the RBR side, they are comparing the Honda PU against the Renault PU, and as I said in other treads, RBR have the rare and extraordinary opportunity to compare the data of these two manufacturers that have the same oil and fuel supplier.

At the end of this situation, if RBR decided continue with Renault, i think it will be a big disappointment for Honda because it can be interpreted that after all the improvement Honda has been made, their PU is not going to be better than Renault´s PU, however, if Honda´s PU is the choose one, we can seriously dream with wins and possibly a championship.

etusch

But redbull not just seeking an engine better than renault. They are seeking an engine can make them champion again and Renault engine is something can not help for that aim to achieve

Big Tea

etusch wrote:
28 May 2018, 16:20
But redbull not just seeking an engine better than renault. They are seeking an engine can make them champion again and Renault engine is something can not help for that aim to achieve
But it seems their only options are between Renault or Honda. Merc and Ferrari have said NO
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

etusch

Big Tea wrote:
28 May 2018, 16:22
etusch wrote:
But it seems their only options are between Renault or Honda. Merc and Ferrari have said NO
And if they believe that engine is Honda's engine.... I believe it is Honda engine but can not decide for Redbull :lol:

maguetox
maguetox

etusch wrote:
28 May 2018, 16:54
Big Tea wrote:
etusch wrote:
And if they believe that engine is Honda's engine.... I believe it is Honda engine but can not decide for Redbull :lol:
Horner, Newey and company don´t believe, if the data and information show them Honda´s PU is better than the Renault´s they will take it, if not, they stick with Renault, simply as that, they don´t have more options at the moment.

Squid
Squid

maguetox wrote:
28 May 2018, 18:07
etusch wrote:
Big Tea wrote:

Horner, Newey and company don´t believe, if the data and information show them Honda´s PU is better than the Renault´s they will take it, if not, they stick with Renault, simply as that, they don´t have more options at the moment.
Not so simple. Being a full works team has a lot of perks which are worth a few tenths at the very least. They will surely be considering that. Let's say that the Honda engine is 1 tenth slower than the Renault. If you can get 3 tenths by tailoring the chassis and the engine to each other, it might be worth it to switch.

Big Tea

Squid wrote:
28 May 2018, 18:21
maguetox wrote:
28 May 2018, 18:07
etusch wrote:

Not so simple. Being a full works team has a lot of perks which are worth a few tenths at the very least. They will surely be considering that. Let's say that the Honda engine is 1 tenth slower than the Renault. If you can get 3 tenths by tailoring the chassis and the engine to each other, it might be worth it to switch.
But will Red Bull (snr) be the works team, or will Honda chose to stay wit STR as there is less pressure on them, and they learned from Mclaren days this was not a good way to develop?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

etusch

Some forumer was shared us a good article that was saying that Honda never choose easy way. If they don't need to work with them why they are talking? Of course they want and if both team belong same man they are works team naturally.
From redbull side, adding what squid said, RedBull has very small and short chassis maybe shortest and smallest. I don't think they will go beyond it but I think they will benefit from Honda Mercedes layout.

PlatinumZealot

With RedBull, Honda wants to be the first non-Mercedes engine to win the championship. The problems is so do Renault.
As inconvenient as the relationship is between redbull and Renault they want that achivement. Cyril implied that it doesn't matter if the TAG heur sticker is on the engine cover, he wants that trophy and Honda is quite the pest in this process.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Bill
Bill

Redbull are not going to win any championship with Renault unless they fix their reliability,they had mguk,Mguh,battery problems,other than that Cyril has his own team if he want to win trophy do it with his own rather ride on rbr coattails.the choice between Honda and Renault is glaring clear it's an easy one.

GhostF1
GhostF1

And let's be honest, Marko's face during the race when Ricciardo's MGU-K let go was pretty telling. It didn't do Renault any favours. If Ric didn't put up a masterclass performance on the weekend it would of been lost with that achilles heel.

hasika
hasika

http://f1express.cnc.ne.jp/f1/index.php ... now_page=1

Honda's big man came to monaco last week.
Yoshiyuki Matsumoto,The Senior Managing Director of Honda Group,also the CEO of HRD,visted Red Bull's hospiality house before the race on sunday.The talk lasted two hours and everything go smoothly between Honda and Red Bull.

It seems Honda and Red Bull are really close to make the deal done,although Horner said they would like compare the performance in Canada and then make the decision.

HPD

hasika wrote:
31 May 2018, 13:54
It seems Honda and Red Bull are really close to make the deal done,although Horner said they would like compare the performance in Canada and then make the decision.
Yes, the meeting was before the race on Sunday. There were 3 people from Honda. Good news :)