Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
GPR-A

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Pyrone89 wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 18:25
GPR -A wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 18:20
Capharol wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 16:27

sorry to say but none of the young drivers comes near the likes of Verstappen, not Ocon, not Russel, not Norris.
and you can bash me for that, downvote me hell even ban me but thats my honest opinion
It's strange you say that. Verstappen is in his 5th year. Driven 1 season in mid field car and has been driving in a top 3 team for 4th season now. Has gone through a great deal of painful learning. To the extent that, there is a website, http://hasverstappencrashedyet.nl/, which was created to insinuate his driving. A year back, we would have been discussing failed promise of his talent.

Whereas, Leclerc hard earned his seat with some stellar performances in a mid field Sauber. Has already shown he can battle hard with immense speed. Ocon drove a decent Force India for one full season. Hardly fair to compare them. Let the time decide what is their real worth when they go head and tong against each other with right equipment.
2015 Verstappen hard earned his RB seat. And he did not mention Leclerc because he shows potential. I do think it is too early to judge Norris and Russel. But Ocon has already shown to be a very good sub-top driver at best judging by how he compared with Perez and Wehrlein.
Sorry. Thanks to Torpedo Kvyat, who threw away the seat with reckless drives, which then went to Verstappen. Up until that point, he hadn't done anything worth noting in Toro Rosso, alongside Sainz.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 18:53
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 18:20
It's strange you say that. Verstappen is in his 5th year. Driven 1 season in mid field car and has been driving in a top 3 team for 4th season now. Has gone through a great deal of painful learning. To the extent that, there is a website, http://hasverstappencrashedyet.nl/, which was created to insinuate his driving. A year back, we would have been discussing failed promise of his talent.

Whereas, Leclerc hard earned his seat with some stellar performances in a mid field Sauber. Has already shown he can battle hard with immense speed. Ocon drove a decent Force India for one full season. Hardly fair to compare them. Let the time decide what is their real worth when they go head and tong against each other with right equipment.
2015 Verstappen hard earned his RB seat. And he did not mention Leclerc because he shows potential. I do think it is too early to judge Norris and Russel. But Ocon has already shown to be a very good sub-top driver at best judging by how he compared with Perez and Wehrlein.
Sorry. Thanks to Torpedo Kvyat, who threw away the seat with reckless drives, which then went to Verstappen. Up until that point, he hadn't done anything worth noting in Toro Rosso, alongside Sainz.

:lol: :lol: I suggest you rewatch the 2015 season.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

raymondu999

I think that's slightly beside the point though. For a 2021 or 2022 season tilt, **assuming** a Hamilton-less team, I would think merc would take a Verstappen over an Ocon or Russell. I feel (I may be wrong) Merc is more a team that goes for the best alpha driver they can find, rather than take pride in their junior program.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

NathanOlder

As someone pointed out, Every Mercedes driver since they returned has have strong Mercedes ties in the past. So they don't just pick the strongest alpha driver.

As for Verstappen comparisons to the drivers mentioned (Norris, Russel and Ocon)

Look where where Max is today, on top of his game in a team now probably 2nd best. How long has it taken him? three and a half years of being a crash King. then he seems to have gone up a level and is doing better. Norris and Russell have had 12 races, Norris' first 12 races in F1 has been better than what Max did at this stage in the 2015, and Lando has had plenty of bad luck with reliability!

Russell has destroyed his team mate, Just Kubica lucked in to a point in Hockenheim is the only thing against Russell. But Russell has done outstanding and couldn't do any better than what he's done.

Ocon in his 2 years at Force India did more than enough to push Perez hard in both seasons, in his first season there he scored points in 18 races! Don't forget Max's first 2 years at redbull he was outscored by Ricciardo and Ricciardo had more mechanical issues than Max in every single year they were team mates.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

SiLo

NathanOlder wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 09:21
As someone pointed out, Every Mercedes driver since they returned has have strong Mercedes ties in the past. So they don't just pick the strongest alpha driver.

As for Verstappen comparisons to the drivers mentioned (Norris, Russel and Ocon)

Look where where Max is today, on top of his game in a team now probably 2nd best. How long has it taken him? three and a half years of being a crash King. then he seems to have gone up a level and is doing better. Norris and Russell have had 12 races, Norris' first 12 races in F1 has been better than what Max did at this stage in the 2015, and Lando has had plenty of bad luck with reliability!

Russell has destroyed his team mate, Just Kubica lucked in to a point in Hockenheim is the only thing against Russell. But Russell has done outstanding and couldn't do any better than what he's done.

Ocon in his 2 years at Force India did more than enough to push Perez hard in both seasons, in his first season there he scored points in 18 races! Don't forget Max's first 2 years at redbull he was outscored by Ricciardo and Ricciardo had more mechanical issues than Max in every single year they were team mates.
Amazed this is even a discussion. Max has been in the sport a lot longer and has been in a quick car for a long time now. Of course he's going to look better than the rookies.

Until Hamilton retires or loses some speed, there is no need to pair him with an aggressive and quick drivers. It's just not worth it for team harmony.
Felipe Baby!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
How long has it taken him? three and a half years of being a crash King.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: here we go again, untruthful biased nonsense.
Norris' first 12 races in F1 has been better than what Max did at this stage in the 2015,
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> do you even believe yourself with this utter nonsense?
Russell has destroyed his team mate, Just Kubica lucked in to a point in Hockenheim is the only thing against Russell.
LOL, kubica got the worst car in the team, a car that they have no idea fixing, and russell made silly mistakes which cost him his point to kubica, a driver comparably with just one arm :lol:
Don't forget Max's first 2 years at redbull he was outscored by Ricciardo and Ricciardo had more mechanical issues than Max in every single year they were team mates.
:lol: :lol: whatever makes your world turn buddy #-o
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GPR-A

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:34
NathanOlder wrote:
How long has it taken him? three and a half years of being a crash King.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: here we go again, untruthful biased nonsense.
Norris' first 12 races in F1 has been better than what Max did at this stage in the 2015,
:lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> do you even believe yourself with this utter nonsense?
Russell has destroyed his team mate, Just Kubica lucked in to a point in Hockenheim is the only thing against Russell.
LOL, kubica got the worst car in the team, a car that they have no idea fixing, and russell made silly mistakes which cost him his point to kubica, a driver comparably with just one arm :lol:
Don't forget Max's first 2 years at redbull he was outscored by Ricciardo and Ricciardo had more mechanical issues than Max in every single year they were team mates.
:lol: :lol: whatever makes your world turn buddy #-o
Take a deep breath and calm down.

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 18:55
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

https://youtu.be/RkfADiYrmA0
Thanks for the suggestion. I did that. I must tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed Monaco 2015.

Pyrone89

GPR -A wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 10:53
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I did that. I must tell you, I thoroughly enjoyed Monaco 2015.
Ahh you liked how he used the leading car to pass multiple cars at Monaco (!!). Yes that was a nice one :D
Just showing your true colors mate #-o . Just shows you have an hate against Verstappen and your opinion holds no value =D>

GPR-A

Pyrone89 wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:34
Just showing your true colors mate #-o . Just shows you have an hate against Verstappen and your opinion holds no value =D>
I share exact same feelings towards you. It's mutual.

SiLo

Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

Ahh you liked how he used the leading car to pass multiple cars at Monaco (!!). Yes that was a nice one :D
Why are you so salty about Mercedes making a good car and Hamilton using it to win races? This has nothing to do with the off-season.

I think Bottas will stay for next year, but if he gets replaced by Ocon it won't be a shock.
Felipe Baby!

GPR-A

SiLo wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:44
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:
Why are you so salty about Mercedes making a good car and Hamilton using it to win races? This has nothing to do with the off-season.

I think Bottas will stay for next year, but if he gets replaced by Ocon it won't be a shock.
I feel, a lot of Max fans have this sense of entitlement, like Max himself, that he SHOULD BE in the best car. He and these guys here are desperate to see him in Mercedes. If Ocon comes in and proves like Leclerc, then Mercedes will give up chasing Max, like Ferrari did. In such a scenario, Ocon might end up winning championships, like Vettel did in RB days. Vettel might not have been on level with Alonso or Hamilton, but in great cars he did what the other two could have done. If Ocon repeats that in strong Mercedes cars, nobody would care if Ocon is better than Max or not. All that a team with a strong car needs, is a driver who can put it on pole and win races. It need not have to be the, perceived best on the grid.

Pyrone89

SiLo wrote:
09 Aug 2019, 11:44
Pyrone89 wrote:
GPR -A wrote:

:?: your reply has nothimg to do with my post

iotar__

- Firing Bottas is the second most absurd idea :wink: in F1's driver market. He's better than Ocon at every element of racing craft.

- The only reason for the switch would be to do "Gasly" and avoid team orders and race/qualifying defeats for walk on water driver (Hungary, home race, Australia etc.). Seems recent enough :roll: .

- Also it saves the team hard work and imaginative BS-ing aka James "it's james" Vowles. Who cares about quality in F1 , it's a cheap marketing exercise for corporations anyway.

- You've got to love how media stooges mindlessly repeat this idea with little or no references to performance or reality; aka Martin "Vehrlein is the only candidate for Mercedes seat' Brundle.

Jolle
Jolle

MY YOUNG DRIVER IS BETTER THEN YOUR YOUNG DRIVER.....

oh come on...

Verstappen is a proven now, fast, good racepace and wel in wheel to wheel action (Although borderline dirty) and fair. Leclerc is going down the same route, still has to iron out some wrinkles, just like all the youngsters before him.

Russel, Norris and Ocon, we'll see. All indications with all three are good. They are supported by teams who know their business, who have extensive data on all three and all three have good records in junior classes.

Ocon's biggest problem is that he's the opposite of the likes of Verstappen and Leclerc. Where those two challenged boundaries (with all the spectacular crashes that come with that tactic), Ocon is someone who brings a car home, especially when he's got the trust of the team (2016 and 2017 were good examples, only once crashed out of a race).

Of course, even the big teams can be wrong sometimes, Gasly is a good example. I also remember that last year some members here were very confident he would wipe Verstappen of the face of the planet once he was in a RedBull...

Back to Ocon. I don't think he's the loose cannon some members here suggest he is and I suspect he's more of a Bottas then a Verstappen once he's in a good car.