Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Racer X

Silly Season 2018/2019

rumors are Sergio Perez signs for Ferrari in 2019 but I read it in a Spanish article sooo. it could be total BS.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

djos

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Racer X wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 22:45
rumors are Sergio Perez signs for Ferrari in 2019 but I read it in a Spanish article sooo. it could be total BS.
Seb must be to chicken to allow Daniel to join. :mrgreen:
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u

djos wrote:
28 Dec 2017, 22:51
Racer X wrote:
2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team
#3. Daniël Ricciardo
#11. Sergio Perez

Actually would be friggin' perfect =P~

Last race showdown between Danny and Sergio in a powerful Ferrari, Lewis in the Merc', and Max in the Red Bull.
Ferrari would have had the WCC or either of their drivers would have clinched the title if Ferrari did their 'nr2' driver assignation but in a game of doing things differently don't do that at all, which leads the unfortunately less dominant Mercedes to stay close by having Ocon 'help' Hamilton after the 2nd season half, and likewise Verstappen with the RedBull by getting help from Hartley who turns out to be a very stable and usable Webber-like 2nd driver to Max without the intrateam anger of Vettel-Webber a few years before.

And i'd really like to see this at the finish line:

1. 311 pts ) Daniel Ricciardo - Ferrari
2. 306 pts ) Max Verstappen* - Red Bull
3. 306 pts ) Sergio Perez - Ferrari
4. 288 pts ) Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes
5. 121 pts ) Carlos Sainz Jr. - Renault
6. 115 pts ) Valterri Bottas - Mclaren
7. 113 pts ) Esteban Ocon - Mercedes
8. 102 pts ) Brandon Hartley - Red Bull
9. 87 pts ) Kevin Magnussen - Force India
10. 79 pts ) Stoffel Vandoorne - Mclaren

* 2018 World Driver Champion
Last edited by Manoah2u on 29 Dec 2017, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

The Return of the king!
Perez is the rightful heir to the Ferrari throne!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Schuttelberg

Manoah2u wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 01:44
djos wrote:
Racer X wrote:
#3. Daniël Ricciardo
#31. Sergio Perez

Last race showdown between Danny and Sergio in a powerful Ferrari, Lewis in the Merc', and Max in the Red Bull.
Ferrari would have had the WCC or either of their drivers would have clinched the title if Ferrari did their 'nr2' driver assignation but in a game of doing things differently don't do that at all, which leads the unfortunately less dominant Mercedes to stay close by having Ocon 'help' Hamilton after the 2nd season half, and likewise Verstappen with the RedBull by getting help from Hartley who turns out to be a very stable and usable Webber-like 2nd driver to Max without the intrateam anger of Vettel-Webber a few years before.

Perez is #11, not #31.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

NathanOlder

Lol, just when i started to think it was a real result from the future.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

Schuttelberg wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 09:34
Manoah2u wrote:
29 Dec 2017, 01:44
djos wrote:

#3. Daniël Ricciardo
#31. Sergio Perez

Perez is #11, not #31.
whoops!! thanks man!
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

johnny vee

https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2375 ... ri-in-2019

I am surprised by this, not because Ricciardo does not deserve it, but I wonder what Vettel hat to say about this.
Anycase, I am very happy for Ricciardo.
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

djos

johnny vee wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 12:12
https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2375 ... ri-in-2019

I am surprised by this, not because Ricciardo does not deserve it, but I wonder what Vettel hat to say about this.
Anycase, I am very happy for Ricciardo.
Is still speculation, nothing in concrete yet.
"In downforce we trust"

johnny vee

My apologies, you are right
"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

3jawchuck

If this is true I don't see either of them playing second driver under any circumstances. This kind of makes me doubt it.

I would like to see it though.

Manoah2u

i'm not so sure if Vettel has much word anymore - if he ever had it - after his Baku debacle last year AND the singapore takeout.

two pivotal moments that cost him and as such in a way, Ferrari the 2017 championship.
sure, the reliability woes were the neck shot, but had he kept his cool, it might have been different.
add to that the mexico 2016 incident ( badmouthing whiting ) and you could wonder how much of a 'impact' he still can have.

also, however you put it, Ricciardo, in his first year @ RedBull paired to vettel saw him 'walk over him' completely.
i would be surprised if Ferrari didn't actually have solid interest, they had in Verstappen, so surely they will with DannyRic.

I'd love to see it happen actually!

Big Tea

We have to assume that Vettel thinks he can beat Ricciardo, they all do, especially as he is established in the team by now and Dan would be the new boy.
We know Dan 'beat him' at RBR, but I still think Vettel's heart and mind was not in it then, and he probably thinks so too. Even if he did have call on his co-driver, I don't think he would push too hard to keep him out because a better no2 takes points of your own opposition.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

AngusF1

If true this would be a fine move for Ricciardo, and probably the best of the top three teams for him to pick. Why? Because after this year the sport won't tolerate Mercedes winning more championships, and Verstappen would have received preferential treatment had he stayed at RB (just look at Vettel-Webber 2010). Looking further, McLaren and Renault have big question marks over their ability to win. Ferrari are due a win, and Vettel is a softer target than either Hamilton or Verstappen.

simon.b

The F1 driver market

Who and where?

It's reported that danny ric is locked into talks with Ferrari. I read it on the below link.
http://www.thef1page.co.uk/ricciardo-lo ... h-ferrari/

question 1, will Vettel have such a good driver in the team who undoubtedly will not play second fiddle to him like Kimi will?
2, Will kimi retire do you think and what will he do next? Anything in motorsport?
3, If Ricciardo does leave Redbull who do you think will take his seat?
4, Bottas, will merc let him go? and again who will take his seat?

For me this is a very exciting time because if vettel and ricciardo was in the Ferrari it would make for very good racing, but who would partner hamilton?

Simon