COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Big Tea

Re: COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

JordanFiveOh wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 22:27
Wouter wrote:
Jolle wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 21:14
I don't get this either. It's just 4 days of free time in the Austrian mountains, no press, no sponsors to entertain... must be heaven for the drivers! LH at least looked pretty relaxed walk his dog on a grass field just outside the track in peace.
I agree, but Lewis was also in Monaco with his dog.
He put a video from inside his appartment in Monaco on Roscoes Instagram. :lol:
For what its worth, he said he stayed in Austria at the track the entire time during the driver PC.
With things like Chroma people can be where ever they want as long as they are not seen in public. I think F1 drivers are famous enough that someone would post it. No point digging a hole for yourself so we just as well believe him
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Looking at the way Corona is starting to grow again in places like Spain, i'm afraid that if things keep going like this (WRONG that is) then we will get the Spanish GP stolen once again.
FTLOG don't bring a new wave.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

3jawchuck
3jawchuck

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Jul 2020, 00:55
Looking at the way Corona is starting to grow again in places like Spain, i'm afraid that if things keep going like this (WRONG that is) then we will get the Spanish GP stolen once again.
FTLOG don't bring a new wave.
They have had a few days of slightly increased cases, like many as a result of slackening of restrictions. It may not be anything to worry about yet. Fingers crossed.

Xwang
Xwang

I've read somewhere that to be a World championship races must be held in at least three different continents.
At the moment American continent is out, African one is out, Australian GP was cancelled.
So it seems that races will be held only in the European and Asian continents.
Do we risk that this championship is going to be assigned as Intercontinental F1 championship?

Big Tea

Xwang wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 20:06
I've read somewhere that to be a World championship races must be held in at least three different continents.
At the moment American continent is out, African one is out, Australian GP was cancelled.
Do we risk that this championship is going to be assigned as Intercontinental F1 championship?
https://uk.motor1.com/news/427085/2020- ... hip-brawn/

including
"Usually a world championship has to visit three continents, as prescribed by the FIA's own International Sporting Code.

With regard to the designation "World" it notes: "The cup, trophy, challenge or series calendar must include Competitions taking place on at least three continents during the same season."

I did read somewhere it will probably count, but can not recall where

Wouter

Coronavirus: UK brings back 14-day quarantine for Spain.

So everybody from F1 who is in Spain now has to leave tonight for the UK GP race.
What about after the Barcelona GP? They can't go back to the UK before Spa GP.

Travellers returning to the UK from Spain will have to quarantine for 14 days from Sunday, the BBC understands.

The UK government is expected to announce the change imminently, due to a significant spike in coronavirus cases in Spain.

It is believed the measures will come into effect in the early hours of Sunday.

Spain has warned a second wave could be imminent as cities including Madrid and Barcelona have seen cases surge.
EDIT: They changed the text. " Travellers returning to the UK from Spain after midnight tonight will have to quarantine for 14 days, the government has said."

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-53540691?at ... B496E8478F
The Power of Dreams!

El Scorchio

Big Tea wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 20:19
Xwang wrote:

including
"Usually a world championship has to visit three continents, as prescribed by the FIA's own International Sporting Code.

With regard to the designation "World" it notes: "The cup, trophy, challenge or series calendar must include Competitions taking place on at least three continents during the same season."

Is Canada definitely not happening now either? There was talk of trying to squeeze one in wasn’t there?

PlatinumZealot

Do you guys think Argentina is possible? Can that track run F1 cars?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Shrieker

Bring back Istanbul Park. The track would be mega with the current formula.
Last edited by Shrieker on 25 Jul 2020, 22:46, edited 2 times in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

MtthsMlw

It's not FIA Grade One so there is that. If they want to stay in Europe Instanbul Park would be suitable.

pb6797
pb6797

Big Tea wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 20:19
Xwang wrote:

including

2.4.3.c The FIA may exceptionally grant a waiver for a cup, trophy, challenge or series which can show long-established use of the word “World”.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... ode_243bi/

ME4ME

MtthsMlw wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 22:46
It's not FIA Grade One so there is that. If they want to stay in Europe Instanbul Park would be suitable.
Isn't the circuit technically in Asia?

Big Tea

I can nt see them relinquishing the word 'world' from it as every contract probably includes that word and the courts would have a field day

MtthsMlw

ME4ME wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 23:03
MtthsMlw wrote:
Yes...

Big Tea

MtthsMlw wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 23:07
ME4ME wrote:
25 Jul 2020, 23:03
MtthsMlw wrote:
Yes...
I take this line from Wiki as I had to look it up
-
The country of Bahrain is in the Asia continent and the latitude and longitude for the country are 26.0275° N, 50.5500° E.26 Feb 2020

Same for Abu Dhabi, so its anther continent we need. New Zealand seems to be in control, anywhere there?
(could we have it on a US carrier? :shock: )