COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jolle
Jolle

Re: COVID-19 could affect more races this year.

subcritical71 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 21:38
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 20:25
RZS10 wrote:
25 Jun 2020, 15:58

USA
Currently getting a second wave (partially thanks to the protests). Not possible to tell if and/or when it could happen.
https://i.imgur.com/yPOZDXV.png
It has very little to do with the anti-racism protests and much more to do with the anti-quarantine protests around memorial day and the opening up that occurred then.

The incubation period is well documented, stop spreading lies.
I didn't hear as much about the anti-quarantine protests on memorial day, but anyway, the anti-racism protests also occurred in Richmond, VA and are on day 26. But Virginia's numbers are continuing to trend in the good direction. Florida on the other hand #-o, lets just say some states are opening too quickly. Some people seem to think the virus just magically disappeared. This years Darwin Award will go to the COVID-19.
The reports seem to push in the direction that the reported cases in growing a lot faster then that rise in testing, especially in Texas.

Jolle
Jolle

https://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-in ... wn-relaxed

A good overview of the biggest counties (with the most cases) how they are getting along. The America’s are not doing so well, so good chance there will be no racing there. Italy, Spain, The Netherlands and China are doing quite well. Germany also might look like an option later in the year.

adrianjordan

Just glad Silverstone is early on in case we get a significant second wave here in August.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 21:29
Just glad Silverstone is early on in case we get a significant second wave here in August.
Thing is, with UK its a funny one. Nice sunny day people go the the beach park or hills and it gets all the publicity.
Wet weekend and everyone will now mix indoors.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

:wtf: Online videos showing some sardine levels of crowding on the beaches in the UK. I am definitely expecting a massive second wave! Protests and now beach parties!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 23:36
:wtf: Online videos showing some sardine levels of crowding on the beaches in the UK. I am definitely expecting a massive second wave! Protests and now beach parties!
The camera shots really compressed the parties up. Seen from other angles it was not as bad as it seems, especially if they use the 1mtr gap. . However, yes, too many people too close together. I live in a seaside town and we get lots of 'feedback' (to be kind) from the local authority, and what most do not seem to realise is that when they arrive there are no public toilets, or in pubs or cafe's where the usual go, and also nowhere at all to wash hands.

Wouter

Due to all safety measures, the teams cannot take their motorhomes with them.
This is what it looks like now in the paddock:

The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

They should have lte the motorhomes stay because there should be less guests right?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jolle
Jolle

PlatinumZealot wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 20:11
They should have lte the motorhomes stay because there should be less guests right?
No guests at all, so the marketing teams are at home (apart from probably one or two PR people with their instagram phones). No need to entertain the sponsors. Just the clean racing teams.

FrukostScones

What Clowns. Do they want to spoil the fun for all?

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15045 ... -protocols
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Big Tea

FrukostScones wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 19:12

I know they are not going to be travelling cattle class the same as the rest of us, but it is probably about setting an example. A Private plane with just driver is probably the safest place to be, even if it is 2 or 3 drivers, but, like with UK government ministers, they should not demonstrate the 'one rule for you, and one for me'.
Mind, had the press not jumped on it, would there be any fuss?

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

FrukostScones wrote:

Very poor showing, but I blame the leadership just as much as the drivers. The FIA, liberty and the teams should be keeping control of the drivers and anyone inside the bubble and who is allowed in or out of it.

Seriously, with all the modern video calling convenience, they can't stay in Austria for what 10 days straight? After being at home for months? I almost think they should be banned from reentering the bubble for 11 days or so.
Last edited by ENGINE TUNER on 09 Jul 2020, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Jolle
Jolle

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 20:16
FrukostScones wrote:

Very poor showing, but I blame the leadership just as much as the drivers. The FIA, liberty and the teams should be keeping control of the drivers and anyone inside the bubble and who is allowed in or out of it.

Seriously, with all the modern video calling convenience, they can't stay in Austria for what 10 days straight? After being at home for months? I almost think they should be banned from reentering the bubble for 10 days or so.
I don't get this either. It's just 4 days of free time in the Austrian mountains, no press, no sponsors to entertain... must be heaven for the drivers! LH at least looked pretty relaxed walk his dog on a grass field just outside the track in peace.

Wouter

Jolle wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 21:14
I don't get this either. It's just 4 days of free time in the Austrian mountains, no press, no sponsors to entertain... must be heaven for the drivers! LH at least looked pretty relaxed walk his dog on a grass field just outside the track in peace.
I agree, but Lewis was also in Monaco with his dog.
He put a video from inside his appartment in Monaco on Roscoes Instagram. :lol:
The Power of Dreams!

JordanFiveOh
JordanFiveOh

Wouter wrote:
Jolle wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 21:14
I agree, but Lewis was also in Monaco with his dog.
He put a video from inside his appartment in Monaco on Roscoes Instagram. :lol:
For what its worth, he said he stayed in Austria at the track the entire time during the driver PC.