Is South Korean GP cancelled? Who would replace it?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
WhiteBlue

Re: Is South Korean GP cancelled? Who would replace it?

I would not worry too much about the asphalt if the earth work underneath is done. I think they can do five km of asphalt in days. They have machines that can lay 16 m wide asphalt, halve a meter thick at a rate of 1600 tons/h.

Voegele paver 3000
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

If it was concrete I would be worried but asphalt takes next to no time to go down and be ready for use.

Scuderia_Russ

DONINGTON! :lol:
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

mkw0101
mkw0101

Portimao race track in Portugal should replace South Korean GP if it the race gets cancelled.

andrew
andrew

The choices are limited to tracks with Class 1 rating.

Dukeage
Dukeage

Portimao is Grade 1T, which would mean it would probably be able to get a Grade 1 licence very easily.

andrew
andrew

Is there a big difference between the two grades? What level of upgrades to the track would be required or is it really just a formality?

And more importantly, is there enough time for Bernie to explot the locals? :lol:

WhiteBlue

A private F1 test track does not need the press and spectator facilities of a competition track. An example for this is Paul Ricard. It has practically no spectator capacity. The F1T license does not automatically include the lower grades 2-6. Other than that it is the same as a grade 1 license.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

If the choices are limited, and there is willing from Japaneese TV for facilities support, lets have the Korean GP take place under the old Pacific GP banner at Fuji. Im not sure if Adia has the relavent certificate with Motegi in that catogory as well.

Heres some options for Japan that would be interesting: http://www.trackpedia.com/wiki/Tracks_in_Japan

My vote would be Fuji, give those crazy Japaneese people a second GP for one year. I hope Korea goes ahead, but feel that the security issues could out-weigh the sporting needs.

andartop
andartop

First F1 car around Korea will be a Red Bull: http://www.f1technical.net/news/15305

So, where are all the conspiracy theorists ranting and pointing fingers for "illegal testing" and "data collection"???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

andrew
andrew

That only applies to Ferrari.

sknguy
sknguy

This is an overlay of the Wikipedia image of the circuit drawing. I don't think the Wikipedia image is entirely accurate but good enough for visualizing.

If you copy everything within these quotes "34°44'6.44"N 126°24'46.58"E" and paste that into the GoogleEarth search box and hit the magnifier icon you'll be taken to the site of the circuit.

I didn't post this image overlay to GoogleEarth though, so it won't show up there.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Will this be ready for October 24th???

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2010/09/03/k ... o-emerges/
http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2010/08/ ... korean-gp/

And the FIAs own rules being broken to get it on the callender???

I hope its on the callender for that unique last corner, but would much rather have a second GP under the Pacific GP banner at Fuji for some crazy racing, and Japaneese fans as well.

WhiteBlue

The missing tarmac in that picture can be done in two days. I don't see a reason why they cannot run the race if the buildings are complete. The gardening will not be totally done and it will not look so pretty but that should not stop the race. They still have six weeks to tidy it up.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

More doubts: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/86999

Id say, Logistacally they should go to Fuji, or stop off in Bahrain for a 3 day test for the young guys now. No way could they get together a GP in Europe with what is essencially a couple of weeks notice now.

A little OT now, but doubts are now going arround over India and the USA in 2011 and 2012 now.