Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

Slight pelican on the nose.

FrukostScones

I like!
VET WDC 2015! Who saw that coming?
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Still stubbornly sticking with pull-rod on the front. It does look like a very refined configuration now though.

Pilatus

outsid3r wrote:this looks somewhat interesting (and innovative?) horizontal grills which seem to channel air to the vertical ones from within the spoiler

http://s27.postimg.org/rkyq4e45v/3_4_RETRO_2015_OK.jpg

And where are the vertical gills ond the left endplate? :?:

PhillipM
PhillipM

It looks like they've gone quite a bit lower with the front wishbone and pullrod points - that should help with any stiffness issues at the front of the tub, and also with the front mechanical grip, which is exactly what Kimi needed, so although I see the pullrod haters are back screaming it'll never work, it does look like they've pushed it more towards what the drivers needed this year.

stefan_
stefan_

Last edited by stefan_ on 30 Jan 2015, 14:05, edited 1 time in total.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

FrukostScones

Pilatus wrote:
outsid3r wrote:this looks somewhat interesting (and innovative?) horizontal grills which seem to channel air to the vertical ones from within the spoiler

http://s27.postimg.org/rkyq4e45v/3_4_RETRO_2015_OK.jpg

And where are the vertical gills ond the left endplate? :?:
camera angle
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Kiril Varbanov

Inevitably, the comparisons are here:

Pedrolito

It's hard to see, but in some pics, it seems there is a "bulb", protuberance or air intake under the nose.

PlatinumZealot

integrated front tie rod too.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

SectorOne

It´s interesting to see the big names in the sport have all gone quite sanitized, very careful and very basic so far.
If that means all of them are pretty solid cars then we are in for a treat in 2015.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Kalsi
Kalsi

The nose looks very good... and Pull rod suspension had a very important part for making it possible
The very low nose angle is was only possible by not having a push rod attached that high on the shassis like the W05 for example... which have a vary short nose with it's slope starting after the push rod

I don't think Pull rod was a problem for ferrari in the past years but finally looks like it is a good solution for this year's regulations

As for the diapason style adjustments, that could fix kimi's problems and general understeer

Very big changes on the rear suspensions too makes me hope for a better traction (real f14-t problem)

Im confident!! As i was with the f138 .... let's just hope for no pirelli-gate this time

Sevach
Sevach

Blown wheel nut at the rear? curious.

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

f1316
f1316

gandharva wrote:
Thanks. I was in the process of generating the same comparison. Yours came out just as I expected. 2015 Ferrari is still quite a fatty around the hips and ass. Din't they say that the back will be much slimmer?
The very back of the McLaren is obviously slimmer but it's also interesting to see the shape that brings them to the central point - the Ferrari follows a much smoother curve.

Equally, I'd be surprised if there was anything at the back of the Ferrari that prevented them creating that central 'v', more that they consciously chose to use have the bodywork extend right to the diffuser to help prevent separation.

None of which is to say one is better than the other, it's just a slightly different philosophy.