Scuderia Ferrari SF15-T

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Pilatus

Re: Ferrari SF15-T Pre-Launch Speculation Thread

Sevach wrote:
Blown wheel nut at the rear? curious.

No. Light, shadow, and camera angle.

McMrocks
McMrocks

CBeck113 wrote:I just saw this on the diffusor edges:

http://i.imgur.com/02cwNUd.jpg

That I don't remember seeing on other cars - the edge of the diffusor has been straight over the entire width on all ohter cars...hmmm...
http://formula1.com/wi/enlarge/sutton/2 ... 4oc308.jpg <- Image posted by CrucialX in the STR 9 thread

The STR 9 had it too
Last edited by McMrocks on 30 Jan 2015, 14:45, edited 1 time in total.

Advino116
Advino116

Pilatus wrote:
Sevach wrote:
Blown wheel nut at the rear? curious.

No. Light, shadow, and camera angle.

http://s27.postimg.org/rkyq4e45v/3_4_RETRO_2015_OK.jpg
Wrong quote man.
Actually more looks like they are covered with a piece of black plastic, but why leave the other side exposed?

theblackangus
theblackangus

Almost looks like the vertical fins are covered on the outside and direct air inside the rear wing only.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

For all of those people who continue to criticize the team for and swear the pull rod front suspension is a problem, here's James Allison confirming the pull rod front suspension has NOT been a problem and was NOT a problem on the F14T...

“So when you decide what to work on you have to pick quite carefully the things that you think are going to bring the maximum amount of return for your effort. And push-rod, poll-rod on the front, it has pros and cons either side.

“Pull-rod is probably harder to get light and stiff but it’s probably a bit easier to get an aerodynamic performance from it. So it’s swings and roundabouts. It was an area of the car that was something that wasn’t felt to be a problem on last year’s car and therefore not an area that really merited investment of effort in this time around on the SF-15T.”

f1universe
f1universe

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:For all of those people who continue to criticize the team for and swear the pull rod front suspension is a problem, here's James Allison confirming the pull rod front suspension has NOT been a problem and was NOT a problem on the F14T...
Tell that to Kimi fans.

The car from the outside looks too close to the F14T, I hope they improve the front wing, it looks like a joke, 4 years old joke.

AnthonyG

Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

techF1LES

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember Ferrari running this version of the diffuser last year.

To me it looks like brand new floor with Red Bull-esque outer edges.

fawe4
fawe4

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:For all of those people who continue to criticize the team for and swear the pull rod front suspension is a problem, here's James Allison confirming the pull rod front suspension has NOT been a problem and was NOT a problem on the F14T...

“So when you decide what to work on you have to pick quite carefully the things that you think are going to bring the maximum amount of return for your effort. And push-rod, poll-rod on the front, it has pros and cons either side.

“Pull-rod is probably harder to get light and stiff but it’s probably a bit easier to get an aerodynamic performance from it. So it’s swings and roundabouts. It was an area of the car that was something that wasn’t felt to be a problem on last year’s car and therefore not an area that really merited investment of effort in this time around on the SF-15T.”
I was only against same exact configuration as features previous year. Seeing they changed that, I'm quite pleased.

Dream Theater

Isn't time to open the SF15-T thread?

outsid3r

theblackangus wrote:Almost looks like the vertical fins are covered on the outside and direct air inside the rear wing only.
My point exactly, and doesn't look like camera angle/light :

Whar are they up to? :S

Crabbia
Crabbia

outsid3r wrote:
theblackangus wrote:Almost looks like the vertical fins are covered on the outside and direct air inside the rear wing only.
My point exactly, and doesn't look like camera angle/light :

http://s27.postimg.org/3uqi0w7tf/ferrar ... tail_2.jpg

Whar are they up to? :S
These are studio photos. it looks to me they could have intentionally smugged that area in photo shop not to give away the real shape.
A wise man once told me you cant polish a turd...

Coefficient
Coefficient

Dream Theater wrote:Isn't time to open the SF15-T thread?
I like your "Train of Thought". Someone should "Take the Time" to move these "Images and Words". :D
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

FrukostScones

No:

Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

ParkerArt
ParkerArt

Is that a new front wheel design? Heavier spokes and hub and since the mass of the wheel is pretty tightly controlled, are they going for less rotational inertia?