Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Re: Mclaren MP4-30 Honda

dren wrote:
turbof1 wrote:Notice btw the car is missing brake ducts. I'm looking forward to what they are hiding.
The rear ducts are there.
Yes sorry, should have been more clear on that. Front Ducts are definitely not shown though.
#AeroFrodo

f1rules
f1rules

do we think they succeed in keeping the mushrooms and incapsuling the drivetrain at the same time, difficult to see with all this black

dren

From the top down view and adjusting the contrast, it looks like the air brake susupension members are all gone.
Honda!

chumma
chumma

Where is the engine? Where is it? Where? WHERE?

turbof1

#AeroFrodo

KingHamilton01

No doubt they will have some different cooling solution's ready to put on the car if needed! Plus sure she hiding some secret's that the other team's will uncover at first test?
McLaren Mercedes

dmjunqueira

SectorOne wrote:By far the best looking Mclaren of the modern era. You can really tell what sort of impact Peter has had on the whole car.
Interesting looking winglet here as well.

http://i.imgur.com/J2sk8hj.jpg
Like Williams FW37, the sidepods shrunk to the point that the crash structure sticks out of the top of it where the turning vane connects.

dren

turbof1 wrote:Lightened image of the back end:
https://twitter.com/piusgasso/status/560775091966181376
Thanks for the pic. I can't tell if the drive shaft is encapsulated or not. The reflections look like it's not, but I think that might be the light playing tricks with me.
Honda!

Mesteño

I find it very similar to RB 10

I hope there is no Spygate case with Prodromou :lol:
Last edited by Mesteño on 29 Jan 2015, 14:57, edited 2 times in total.

Trocola
Trocola

The nose looks like the one we saw on the Marussia's 2015 wind tunnel model. I think it is very conservative

Intego

I'm a bit surprised to see such a long nose as I think it will distract the airflow to the front wing and especially the Y-250-vortices. When comparing to the Williams nose the FW pillars seem to have approximately the same height, so no advances here. But the Mclaren nose looks very very thin to get much air under the car. Maybe they didn't manage to get the crash structure done with a shorter approach and we will see a shortening of the nose later this season.
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Thunder

Like someone said before, i really do believe this isn't the Final Nose. But if it is i can very well Live with it.

The Floor in Front of the rear Wheels looks like from a Spaceship, VERY Interesting. And the more i look at theses Sidepods the more i doubt there is a bomplete Drivetrain hidden in there. :o

Edit: The Pictures below show they have adapted the Vertival End Plate Slots under the Main Plane Rear Wing that RB and Ferrari ran at Times last Season. There is PP written all over that Car. 8)
Last edited by Thunder on 29 Jan 2015, 15:02, edited 2 times in total.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Callum

The rear crash structure looks particularly long. If this must come out to a standard distance could this show that the car may have a short wheelbase?

GoranF1
GoranF1

Sidepods/coke bottle area comparation of PP's work.

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

gandharva