Force India VJM09 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
User avatar
PlatinumZealot
368
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:22 pm

Sure is! If only the livery was better.
"The true champions are also great men. They are capable of making difficult decisions, of admitting their mistakes and of pushing harder than before when they get up from a fall."

- Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne

User avatar
Morteza
1895
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:23 pm

Image

Image

Image
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
Morteza
1895
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:13 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

CLKGTR
CLKGTR
80
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:00 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:16 pm

Can someone please remind me who was the guy from Red Bull that brought new aero philosophy to Force India (front wing, more rake etc .)

User avatar
FrukostScones
183
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:21 pm

CLKGTR wrote:Can someone please remind me who was the guy from Red Bull that brought new aero philosophy to Force India (front wing, more rake etc .)
Dr Guru Johl
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

User avatar
FrukostScones
183
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:15 am

Image
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

User avatar
F1NAC
160
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm
Location: CRO

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:12 am

3D printed front cover of steering wheel

Image

User avatar
mitsmania
66
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:27 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:01 pm

That's sum pic... ehh...!!

kartwheels
kartwheels
2
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:42 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:01 am

An interesting shot, especially of the steering wheel, the frontage is rapid prototype'd.

Image

User avatar
mycadcae
3
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:49 pm
Location: Selangor Malaysia

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:02 pm

kartwheels wrote:An interesting shot, especially of the steering wheel, the frontage is rapid prototype'd.

http://img3.auto-motor-und-sport.de/For ... 929760.jpg
no time to change the color........?
Regard,
Nik Wan, Mechanical Designer, CATIA V5/ Solidworks/Autodesk Inventor/ AutoCAD

User avatar
F1NAC
160
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:35 pm
Location: CRO

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:04 pm

This piece is actually 3d Printed. It's a front cover.

trinidefender
trinidefender
316
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:52 pm

F1NAC wrote:This piece is actually 3d Printed. It's a front cover.
You say it is but how are you actually sure it is 3D printed? Surely you can't just look at it and tell?

I would have thought they made a piece that colour because it contrasts better with the buttons and knobs on the steering wheel making everything easier to read

RicME85
RicME85
61
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:11 pm
Location: Derby

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:05 am

But at the same time its a big bright colour right in front of your face, can't be good

charly0418
charly0418
4
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:37 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:25 am

trinidefender wrote:
F1NAC wrote:This piece is actually 3d Printed. It's a front cover.
You say it is but how are you actually sure it is 3D printed? Surely you can't just look at it and tell?

I would have thought they made a piece that colour because it contrasts better with the buttons and knobs on the steering wheel making everything easier to read
Ted Kravitz said yesterday during the broadcast that its 3D printed. In order to reduce weight

trinidefender
trinidefender
316
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes

Post Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:33 am

charly0418 wrote:
trinidefender wrote:
F1NAC wrote:This piece is actually 3d Printed. It's a front cover.
You say it is but how are you actually sure it is 3D printed? Surely you can't just look at it and tell?

I would have thought they made a piece that colour because it contrasts better with the buttons and knobs on the steering wheel making everything easier to read
Ted Kravitz said yesterday during the broadcast that its 3D printed. In order to reduce weight
I really wouldn't trust Ted Kravitz on many technical things. This being one of them, aerodynamics being another main thing (the things I've heard him say had me shaking my head in disbelief). Yes his show is entertaining and has good information through interviews and is a good summary for the events it is not where I get any technical information from.