Haas VF-18 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
turbof1

Haas VF-18 Ferrari

This is the Haas VF-18 Ferrari offical car thread.

Please discuss ONLY technical items of this car, and refrain from speculation.

General discussion about the team, its drivers and performance can be posted in the team thread.
#AeroFrodo

Fulcrum

Re: Haas VF18 Speculation Thread

Could 2018 be the year when Haas finally finds itself the worst constructor?

McLaren will surely leap frog them, and I suspect Toro Rosso - in spite of the Honda engine - will also score more points. Williams and Renault should both be significantly faster next year too.

Sauber are likely to be their only competition for the wooden spoon. Sauber won't have an engine handicap anymore, and they should also have more money to develop their chassis.

In addition, Sauber have a much better racing pedigree than Haas. Sauber know how to set-up cars, they know how to race well on a small budget. By comparison, how many weekends have we seen Haas experience issues with components like brakes? At times, they give the impression they don't know what they're doing.

I'm not trying to denigrate Haas - someone has to be last - but I don't foresee their relative performance improving in 2018 unless Ferrari supply an absolute donkey of an engine - in which case Sauber would benefit from it as well.

GM7

Fulcrum wrote:
03 Dec 2017, 13:22
Could 2018 be the year when Haas finally finds itself the worst constructor?

McLaren will surely leap frog them, and I suspect Toro Rosso - in spite of the Honda engine - will also score more points. Williams and Renault should both be significantly faster next year too.

Sauber are likely to be their only competition for the wooden spoon. Sauber won't have an engine handicap anymore, and they should also have more money to develop their chassis.

In addition, Sauber have a much better racing pedigree than Haas. Sauber know how to set-up cars, they know how to race well on a small budget. By comparison, how many weekends have we seen Haas experience issues with components like brakes? At times, they give the impression they don't know what they're doing.

I'm not trying to denigrate Haas - someone has to be last - but I don't foresee their relative performance improving in 2018 unless Ferrari supply an absolute donkey of an engine - in which case Sauber would benefit from it as well.
Hard to say, they stopped the development of the 2017 car very early because they wanted to make big changes on the 2018 car. The problems of brakes seem to be solved since the mid season but there are still tire management issues. For the first time next season, they will have data to build on to setup the car.

Morteza

Here's the unveiling!

[media]https://twitter.com/HaasF1Team/status/9 ... 4222344192[/media]

Last edited by Morteza on 14 Feb 2018, 17:23, edited 3 times in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MtthsMlw

Ferrari style sidepods!

bauc

Finally the first 2018 car, thanky ou HAAS

It looks very slick and the livery is much better. I like how the HALO does not stand up, it kinda looks like it belongs on the car (I KNOW RIGHT :cry: )
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

MtthsMlw

More pictures via AMuS

Morteza

Via AMuS
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach

Very detailed for a launch spec.

Ferrari sidepods, interesting deflectors, FW...

GoranF1

Sevach wrote:
14 Feb 2018, 17:20
Very detailed for a launch spec.

Ferrari sidepods, interesting deflectors, FW...
Ferrari sidepods but bigger openings?
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

Interesting look at low t wing

Also no s duct visible

Santozini

Still quite a big shark fin..I was expecting something smaller given the new regs.. :roll:

F1Fan2018

The Halo doesn't actually look out of place, i know there only renders of the car so will have to wait until real pictures of the cars but that looks better than I first thought it would do. also arent they allowed to put fairings on them for areo? if so im guessing that might wait till testing to show us.

F1Fan2018

I also like the Livery it looks really good.