Williams FW43B Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
charliesmithhd

Re: Williams FW43B Speculation Thread

senja wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 12:31
But resources are limited. And on that pictures, everything looks exactly the sam as last year Williams, except the floor. So, I doubt that anyone will spend any resources on analyzing that.
sidepods are completely different...

aerofoilf1
aerofoilf1

charliesmithhd wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 12:57
senja wrote:
But resources are limited. And on that pictures, everything looks exactly the sam as last year Williams, except the floor. So, I doubt that anyone will spend any resources on analyzing that.
And front wing...and side deflectors/barge boards

Francesc
Francesc

charliesmithhd wrote:
senja wrote:
And front wing...

aerofoilf1
aerofoilf1

Francesc wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 13:52
charliesmithhd wrote:
senja wrote:
And front wing...
And side deflectors

NathanOlder

Doesn't the WIlliams website just say its a livery launch ? So last years car ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

McFAN
McFAN

BBC reporting.
"Williams were forced to abandon an augmented reality launch of their new Formula 1 car when the app they had designed was hacked."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/56 ... 1/56291716

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

McFAN wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 17:34
BBC reporting.
"Williams were forced to abandon an augmented reality launch of their new Formula 1 car when the app they had designed was hacked."
Yeah, that's what happens when you don't run your business professionally.
I already slapped my face hearing about this 'augmented' nonsense, they should invest their pennies into the F1 project, not in useless stuff trying to be 'futuristic' when they haven't got their company in acceptable working condition.
Is it 'sad' that they were hacked? offcourse it is.
But personally, i think it's worse that they could have been hacked like that, let's hope they learn a lesson from it.

Either way, the livery is hideous. I hate everything about it, i dont see why they went down this road. It looks clumsy, cheap and chaotic. They have also ruined a calm look on the car which could atleast invite sponsors. And the sponsors they had are now even smaller on the car. The yellow makes no sense either. Or go with a 'heritage' livery, to honor what they had and do a proper Rothmans-Camel like mix.

Anyway, i hope - contrary to what i expect - that this is atleast a interim 'test' livery and that we'll be seeing a better livery in bahrain, but i know better.

As for the car, this is what they're gonna run with the entire season with a few changes in wings for low-downforce and high-downforce tracks, but that's it. They're gonna be dead, dead, plum dead, last.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Jolle
Jolle

Manoah2u wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:46
McFAN wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 17:34
BBC reporting.
Yeah, that's what happens when you don't run your business professionally.
I already slapped my face hearing about this 'augmented' nonsense, they should invest their pennies into the F1 project, not in useless stuff trying to be 'futuristic' when they haven't got their company in acceptable working condition.
Is it 'sad' that they were hacked? offcourse it is.
But personally, i think it's worse that they could have been hacked like that, let's hope they learn a lesson from it.

Either way, the livery is hideous. I hate everything about it, i dont see why they went down this road. It looks clumsy, cheap and chaotic. They have also ruined a calm look on the car which could atleast invite sponsors. And the sponsors they had are now even smaller on the car. The yellow makes no sense either. Or go with a 'heritage' livery, to honor what they had and do a proper Rothmans-Camel like mix.

Anyway, i hope - contrary to what i expect - that this is atleast a interim 'test' livery and that we'll be seeing a better livery in bahrain, but i know better.

As for the car, this is what they're gonna run with the entire season with a few changes in wings for low-downforce and high-downforce tracks, but that's it. They're gonna be dead, dead, plum dead, last.
Hey... a little hope that HAAS is even worse! (With a certain flagless driver)

ME4ME

We have to wait for pre-season testing in Bahrain to see the real car with all aero bits on it. See if it can do any decent times and read the mood within the team. But so far, not good.

There's a good case to be made for a lot of teams to do well. But Williams isn't one of them. In fact I can see Williams and Haas further lose touch with the midfield.

senja
senja

ME4ME wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 13:37
We have to wait for pre-season testing in Bahrain to see the real car with all aero bits on it. See if it can do any decent times and read the mood within the team. But so far, not good.

There's a good case to be made for a lot of teams to do well. But Williams isn't one of them. In fact I can see Williams and Haas further lose touch with the midfield.
Not Haas. They should regain something with new Ferrari engine.

wesley123
wesley123

ME4ME wrote:

Based on what exactly?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

ME4ME

wesley123 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 22:25
ME4ME wrote:

Based on what exactly?
Just my general first impression from the model and images. Doesn't visually look like they've made a big step. Which they need, but maybe isn't in their strategy. So not based on much. Baseless, if you will. That why I wrote that we'll have to wait and see. It's the speculation thread after all.

dtro
dtro

ME4ME wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 23:31
wesley123 wrote:
ME4ME wrote:

Based on what exactly?
Just my general first impression from the model and images. Doesn't visually look like they've made a big step. Which they need, but maybe isn't in their strategy. So not based on much. Baseless, if you will. That why I wrote that we'll have to wait and see. It's the speculation thread after all.
Haven't heard any other team besides HAAS announce they wouldn't be developing their car over the course of the season, I could see Williams at least taking advantage of the given tokens so they can put themselves in the position to score points this season. They weren't so far behind HAAS last year and they just missed out on points last season.

If they took advantage of the tokens they could bring themselves into that maybe P9-P10 position.

proteus

dtro wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 00:34
ME4ME wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 23:31
wesley123 wrote:

Based on what exactly?
Haven't heard any other team besides HAAS announce they wouldn't be developing their car over the course of the season, I could see Williams at least taking advantage of the given tokens so they can put themselves in the position to score points this season. They weren't so far behind HAAS last year and they just missed out on points last season.

If they took advantage of the tokens they could bring themselves into that maybe P9-P10 position.
In the end of the season, they were more or less infront of Haas and even Latifi which was the underperformer was able to beat them in the race. Haas said they didnt spend any tokens and that their year is a writeoff, while Williams developed their car, even with their lack of funds. They have Russel which is superior even to Mick Schumacher and Latifi will probably start to be closer, while at Haas Nikita is jet a big mystery. I dont know if Williams spend the tokens or not, but they did more development than Haas.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

senja
senja

You didn't see Haas yet. They will adapt the car to 2021 rules. Pretty much what Williams done. And they will get big upgrade with Ferrari new engine.