Williams FW43B Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wogx

Williams FW43B Speculation Thread

Someone posted a "leak" on Reddit
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

SiLo

Re: Williams FW43B Speculation Thread

This seems like a really, really bad choice?
Felipe Baby!

wogx

That model was extracted from Williams AR app
https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comme ... ms_ar_app/
Last edited by wogx on 04 Mar 2021, 16:39, edited 1 time in total.
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

MtthsMlw

I think this is the real deal, have to get used to this look though.

jjn9128

Looks like the 555 BAR before they zipped it!?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Blackout

Looks legit. Has the Williams ADN + some things borrowed from Mercedes. If it's a fake/a fan model, it's very well done.

ScrewCaptain27

Looks like a very 1990s livery from a generic unlicensed F1 game from back then. Not bad but not very “Williams”.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

SiLo

I'd like to think it's a fake model, otherwise other teams are going to be running aero simulations on their entire car already :lol:
Felipe Baby!

Sevach
Sevach

It appears like the real deal, the model is complex and "Williams" enough.
The sidepods look like the style RP/AMR just moved away from.

Not a fan of the paintjob, but it could be different under sunlight.

astorphobis
astorphobis

Blackout wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:05
Looks legit. Has the Williams ADN + some things borrowed from Mercedes. If it's a fake/a fan model, it's very well done.
It is legit, it was me who posted the original model there:)

If you want to confirm it, here are the steps so you can extract it by yourself:

1. Get an .IPA installer of the Williams AR app. You can do that with Apple Configurator 2, there are also many other ways to do that:)
2. On Windows, download app called "AssetStudio" from here: https://github.com/Perfare/AssetStudio
3. Open that .IPA and find a "data.unity3d" file. I don't remember where it is and since everything has been leaked now, I deleted it
4. Open that data.unity3d file in AssetStudio and voilá, your models are there.

You can now export them and put them together using Blender/3dsmax or any other 3d design software.

As someone pointed out in messages, this may actually not be the aero for the 2021 Williams, it's possible that it's just a show-off model with a new floor just to show the livery. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Francesc
Francesc

I think it may be the model of the car on its early phase of development. I would expect it (and hope) to look quite different next week. #-o

senja
senja

SiLo wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:19
I'd like to think it's a fake model, otherwise other teams are going to be running aero simulations on their entire car already :lol:
Why would anyone spend time on slowest car on the grid?

jjn9128

Look at the diffuser. There are no strakes. You can bet all the other little bits which make the car actually work have been removed. Also I expect this to be at least last years launch spec car with a generic floor plopped on.

This is the BAR livery I was minded of. It's less similar than my recollection.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

SiLo

senja wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 19:11
SiLo wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 17:19
Why would anyone spend time on slowest car on the grid?
Every car is the slowest car on the grid until we get to the first race ;)
Felipe Baby!

senja
senja

But resources are limited. And on that pictures, everything looks exactly the sam as last year Williams, except the floor. So, I doubt that anyone will spend any resources on analyzing that.