Force India VJM03 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
volarchico
volarchico

Re: Force India VJM03 Mercedes

Shrek wrote:what's that small inlet on the top of the headrest? (not the one in between the air intake and the headrest)
It's a negative pressure region and is used to suck the driver's head back during heavy braking.

747heavy

volarchico wrote:
Shrek wrote:what's that small inlet on the top of the headrest? (not the one in between the air intake and the headrest)
It's a negative pressure region and is used to suck the driver's head back during heavy braking.
where does this negative pressure come from ???
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci

Holm86

he is just bullshitting you ;-)

volarchico
volarchico

747heavy wrote: where does this negative pressure come from ???
Yeah, Like Holm86 said, I was just joking. Sorry, not sure what that is there for. Hopefully someone else can tell us.

wesley123
wesley123

I think it is just to fit the headrest in lol
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

mach11
mach11

it was reported that the force india cars were atleast 6km faster than anyone in the belgium race...

so what happened now... i can understand liuzzi's engine problems but what about Sutil????

really disappointed with their performance...
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

raymondu999

I think David Coulthard hit the nail in the head. Relatively to the rest of the field, the Findia isn't as quick in a straight line as it used to be.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mach11
mach11

raymondu999 wrote:I think David Coulthard hit the nail in the head. Relatively to the rest of the field, the Findia isn't as quick in a straight line as it used to be.
I think they are having financial problems... i read an article about VM having problems with the balance of money in his business...

To keep up with other teams in the league... the car needs to be developed throughout the year... and for that you need to invest heavily... there have been high speed tracks in the current season where they were fast but consistency is the problem.... and being their third year in F1 they should not be having such a problem....
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

multisync
multisync

FI have always had money troubles.(the bailiffs are frequent visitors to the factory) Coupled with the loss of senior staff and the team is -if not in trouble- in urgent need of revitalization.

Part of the 'problem' is that the team feeds off itself. All its major sponsors are owned by VJ (W&M were bought specifically to get money out of India due to sponsorship restrictions in Indian Law)and drink sales have gone down massively since the economy hit the buffers

However there are rumours of a possibility of some big sponsor coming in and potential revamp of the Silverstone HQ -which is basically the same as when Eddie first moved in- as it's woefully inadequate in space and facilities..

seenathkumar
seenathkumar

747heavy wrote:
volarchico wrote:
where does this negative pressure come from ???
The negative pressure helps to keep the driver's head safe from the heavy accident.

zgred

horse

Wow! Naked F-duct.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Morteza

horse wrote:Wow! Naked F-duct.
Couldn't agree more
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

747heavy

very nice photo
shows the fludic switch and the pipe/line for the control air(pressure) nicely

Last edited by 747heavy on 24 Sep 2010, 15:21, edited 1 time in total.
"Make the suspension adjustable and they will adjust it wrong ......
look what they can do to a carburetor in just a few moments of stupidity with a screwdriver."
- Colin Chapman

“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” - Leonardo da Vinci