2014 British GP - Silverstone

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
De Jokke

Re: 2014 British GP - Silverstone

It's really hard NOT to believe that certain minds have a some what favored interests. Lot of people can jump in and deny this, but so many blunders for Lewis' pit stops make it absolutely difficult to believe that everything is fair. Last week Toto was making noise that "Transparency" is suffering between two garages. I am sure he might not be happy and making that statement looking at Lewis' garage. Now Lewis seems to be throwing away hints of that. Lauda is a fan of Lewis and probably its Nico for Toto. Why not, Austrian/German amalgamation in a German team.

Mods, look like this is more of team banter. Please feel free to move it to the team thread.
I also start to find the pitstops suspicious. It's the xxth messed up pitstop for Lewis. And it is Lewis' stop again...

Also Wolff's face after the lewis pitstop: he was visibly trying to suppress a smile.
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

basti313
basti313

De Jokke wrote:

It's really hard NOT to believe that certain minds have a some what favored interests. Lot of people can jump in and deny this, but so many blunders for Lewis' pit stops make it absolutely difficult to believe that everything is fair. Last week Toto was making noise that "Transparency" is suffering between two garages. I am sure he might not be happy and making that statement looking at Lewis' garage. Now Lewis seems to be throwing away hints of that. Lauda is a fan of Lewis and probably its Nico for Toto. Why not, Austrian/German amalgamation in a German team.

Mods, look like this is more of team banter. Please feel free to move it to the team thread.
I also start to find the pitstops suspicious. It's the xxth messed up pitstop for Lewis. And it is Lewis' stop again...

Also Wolff's face after the lewis pitstop: he was visibly trying to suppress a smile.
Yes, and they know that people know it. You can bet your money, that Rosberg will get a poor pitstop in the next races to make it not look too suspicious. But they are wrong: That will make it even more suspicious. :twisted:
Don`t russel the hamster!

WaikeCU

I also find it suspicious, because I felt like Toto was praising Nico's performance more than Lewis his win.

Toto's comments for Nico went like:

"Nico is smart and intelligent and tried his best to find a solution for his problems when he stopped on track. He was very professional and showed true sportsmanship, because after his retirement he even gave us a tip to make sure that Lewis would bring the car home."

Toto's comments for Lewis went like:

"He was fast all weekend and he drove brilliantly!"

De Jokke

Do you guys think Toto will go as far as threatening mechanics to lose their job if they don't "work slower/worse" on Lewis' side of the garage?? Does he has that authority? I suppose so?

bhall II
bhall II

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

[...]
Last edited by bhall II on 09 Jul 2014, 13:04, edited 3 times in total.

iotar__

WaikeCU wrote:I also find it suspicious, because I felt like Toto was praising Nico's performance more than Lewis his win.

Toto's comments for Nico went like:

"Nico is smart and intelligent and tried his best to find a solution for his problems when he stopped on track. He was very professional and showed true sportsmanship, because after his retirement he even gave us a tip to make sure that Lewis would bring the car home."

Toto's comments for Lewis went like:

"He was fast all weekend and he drove brilliantly!"
Yes it's anti Hamilton conspiracy:
"I think, different to what the perception is, mentally he is very strong," explained Wolff.
"He can cope well with having had problems.
"One of the examples in the race was when he had another pitstop that wasn't perfect on the left rear.
"The first thing he did was he came on the radio and he said: 'Don't worry, let's make the next one better'.

basti313
basti313

De Jokke wrote:Do you guys think Toto will go as far as threatening mechanics to lose their job if they don't "work slower/worse" on Lewis' side of the garage?? Does he has that authority? I suppose so?
Yes of course. Like at Ferrari they all have it in their contract that they have to work slower for the Nr. 2 driver.
Don`t russel the hamster!

CBeck113
CBeck113

I can't help it:

“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

SectorOne

turbof1 wrote:
SectorOne wrote: This might be all Rosberg´s radio transmissions but we can´t say for sure, i don´t know how much drivers really talk to to the team over the laps.
F1fanatic usually posts the full radio transcript a few days after the GP. When they do, we'll know.

But yeah, Hamilton was getting closer to Rosberg before the latter had issues.
Watching the normal broadcast again, and listening to Rosberg´s interview as the race is ongoing.

Natalie - "Well hugely bad luck on your first DNF of the season, uh tell us uh what happened because ultimately you lost power but uhm problem with your gears?"

Rosberg - "Yea umm, it was just slowly but surely you know, first problem started around lap 20 after the pit stop you know then it just got worse uh from there umm.. yea and so i was trying to you know think if there some...safing.. safe settings that we could put in or just drive in a completely different way just at least to get to the end of the race"
(he talks a bit more but it´s not relevant to when the actual problem happened)

I think with this in mind, he was never going to win this race.
The delta started shrinking long before he felt the gearbox started causing problems.

The interview is from Lap 46 Sky Sports broadcast.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

bhall II
bhall II

[...]
Last edited by bhall II on 09 Jul 2014, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.

De Jokke

SectorOne wrote:
turbof1 wrote:
SectorOne wrote: This might be all Rosberg´s radio transmissions but we can´t say for sure, i don´t know how much drivers really talk to to the team over the laps.
F1fanatic usually posts the full radio transcript a few days after the GP. When they do, we'll know.

But yeah, Hamilton was getting closer to Rosberg before the latter had issues.
Watching the normal broadcast again, and listening to Rosberg´s interview as the race is ongoing.

Natalie - "Well hugely bad luck on your first DNF of the season, uh tell us uh what happened because ultimately you lost power but uhm problem with your gears?"

Rosberg - "Yea umm, it was just slowly but surely you know, first problem started around lap 20 after the pit stop you know then it just got worse uh from there umm.. yea and so i was trying to you know think if there some...safing.. safe settings that we could put in or just drive in a completely different way just at least to get to the end of the race"
(he talks a bit more but it´s not relevant to when the actual problem happened)

I think with this in mind, he was never going to win this race.
The delta started shrinking long before he felt the gearbox started causing problems.

The interview is from Lap 46 Sky Sports broadcast.
Dunno (although I'm still convicend Hamilton would have won anyway), Rosberg did mention in another interview that he felt from the formation lap, something was odd (but could be that he's just saying that to cover all bases).

SectorOne

Where was this interview? That could be good info to use, as well as waiting for F1Fanatic´s full radio transmission.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

mikeerfol

Indeed, I read somewhere as well that he had an issue with a downshift at the formation lap.

Pierce89

De Jokke wrote:Do you guys think Toto will go as far as threatening mechanics to lose their job if they don't "work slower/worse" on Lewis' side of the garage?? Does he has that authority? I suppose so?
Wolff could care less as long as Merc win the WCC.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

henra
henra

Some guys on here really watched too many bad movies.
Seriously, guys....

He might have personal preferences (even that doesn't have to be the case) but asking People to work against the Team's success ????
:wtf: