2015 United States Grand Prix - Austin, October 23 - 25

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
F1NAC

Re: 2015 United States Grand Prix - Austin, October 23 - 25

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b1vuo_ press conference after race

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

Imo it looks more like understeer. Lewis always struggle at the start to heat up his front tires because his brake balance is more focused on the rear.

ringo

Andres125sx wrote:The funny thing about this discussion is people seems to accept it´s A: Lewis understeered or B: Lewis went wide intentionally to force Nico out

Guys, it can be both, he understeered when trying to make the corner, but after that he realiced Nico was at the outside and next corner was to the right, so he pushed him wide.

IMO he understeered AND pushed Nico wide

And I agree with Shrieker, that´s not clean racing to me. I criticize it when it´s Alonso (my favourite) and I criticize it when it´s my second favourite (Hamilton)
Racing is racing once it's within the rules. If you are too clean it means you give a way position without a fight.
For Sure!!

Juzh

Verstappen vettel scrap from raikkonen's perspective

http://videa.hu/videok/sport/kimi-raikk ... t=2.170191

WaikeCU

There's something I don't get with the VSC. No disrespect, but the VSC is a great idea as it is. The problem is, it's deployed incorrectly, because speeds are limited but not completely. Hence why Ricciardo lost a position to Rosberg. When the VSC period ended, the Mercedes and Red Bull cars were bunched up, whereas before the VSC even began, there were gaps between them. Can't they use the pit limiter to limit the speeds, so everyone is basically going equally as quick during the VSC period? If I recall correclty, at the moment they just slow down to a certain speed and that's it.

sAx
sAx

http://plus.autosport.com/premium/featu ... 1408692456

Everyone has a view it seems! He did, he didn't....judges of fact say he he won!!
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247

proteus

WaikeCU wrote:There's something I don't get with the VSC. No disrespect, but the VSC is a great idea as it is. The problem is, it's deployed incorrectly, because speeds are limited but not completely. Hence why Ricciardo lost a position to Rosberg. When the VSC period ended, the Mercedes and Red Bull cars were bunched up, whereas before the VSC even began, there were gaps between them. Can't they use the pit limiter to limit the speeds, so everyone is basically going equally as quick during the VSC period? If I recall correclty, at the moment they just slow down to a certain speed and that's it.
i totally agree with u. this is another example of FIA getting an idea without completing the thinking of it. Like they shot themself in 2012 and 2014 with nose designs, they as well did it with VSC. The speed in dry should be limited on 80 or 100kmh and in wet to 50kmh. There would be almost no danger to the marshals on track.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

ian_s

under the VSC they have to lap slower than a certain time. that means the leader can drive slower than that, allowing the cars behind to bunch up but not overtake. In this case, Hamilton went slow which allowed the redbulls and Rosberg to catch up. this was risky for hamilton, as kvyat could have jumped him, but it paid off for the team when rosberg blasted past ricciardo. i think this was Hamiltons way of saying sorry to Rosberg for the 1st corner.

SiLo

proteus wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:There's something I don't get with the VSC. No disrespect, but the VSC is a great idea as it is. The problem is, it's deployed incorrectly, because speeds are limited but not completely. Hence why Ricciardo lost a position to Rosberg. When the VSC period ended, the Mercedes and Red Bull cars were bunched up, whereas before the VSC even began, there were gaps between them. Can't they use the pit limiter to limit the speeds, so everyone is basically going equally as quick during the VSC period? If I recall correclty, at the moment they just slow down to a certain speed and that's it.
i totally agree with u. this is another example of FIA getting an idea without completing the thinking of it. Like they shot themself in 2012 and 2014 with nose designs, they as well did it with VSC. The speed in dry should be limited on 80 or 100kmh and in wet to 50kmh. There would be almost no danger to the marshals on track.
I noticed this as well with Vettel and his gap to Hamilton. When the VSC was deployed Hamilton was 12 seconds ahead. When it was disabled he was only 5 seconds ahead.
Felipe Baby!

SiLo

ian_s wrote:under the VSC they have to lap slower than a certain time. that means the leader can drive slower than that, allowing the cars behind to bunch up but not overtake. In this case, Hamilton went slow which allowed the redbulls and Rosberg to catch up. this was risky for hamilton, as kvyat could have jumped him, but it paid off for the team when rosberg blasted past ricciardo. i think this was Hamiltons way of saying sorry to Rosberg for the 1st corner.
I would assume they all drive as close as possible to that time? I did notice Hamilton almost stop before the finish line and wait for a second or two before going over it though.
Felipe Baby!

Andres125sx

proteus wrote:
But there would be for drivers once the race continues. It´s imposible to keep the tyres and brakes into the operating window temperatures at those speeds. They sometimes have problems in this regard behind the SC, imagine if they´re limited to 50/80 km/h

I really like the VSC, one of the few things I think they did great.

SiLo

Andres125sx wrote:
proteus wrote:
But there would be for drivers once the race continues. It´s imposible to keep the tyres and brakes into the operating window temperatures at those speeds. They sometimes have problems in this regard behind the SC, imagine if they´re limited to 50/80 km/h

I really like the VSC, one of the few things I think they did great.
Only problem is people seem to keep losing out/gaining during the VSC when by definition they shouldn't do. Barring pitstops of course.
Felipe Baby!

WaikeCU

SiLo wrote:
ian_s wrote:under the VSC they have to lap slower than a certain time. that means the leader can drive slower than that, allowing the cars behind to bunch up but not overtake. In this case, Hamilton went slow which allowed the redbulls and Rosberg to catch up. this was risky for hamilton, as kvyat could have jumped him, but it paid off for the team when rosberg blasted past ricciardo. i think this was Hamiltons way of saying sorry to Rosberg for the 1st corner.
I would assume they all drive as close as possible to that time? I did notice Hamilton almost stop before the finish line and wait for a second or two before going over it though.
This would cause dangerous on track situations. Imagine leading car slowing down, while the cars behind are accelerating at the same time. Would be a silly way to have a DNF behind your name.

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

SiLo wrote: Only problem is people seem to keep losing out/gaining during the VSC when by definition they shouldn't do. Barring pitstops of course.
Not really. Its the leaders choice to let the cars catch up, he could maintain his gap if he wanted. The VSC then ends at a random moment, so obviously if you are close to cars in front, you might benefit from this if you react quicker. I believe this is what Rosberg was able to do, he saw the green flag before RIC did and managed to catch him off guard.

pob

The VSC rules need looking at, maybe the yellows should be kept out for about two marshal posts once the VSC has been withdrawn. As it stands at the moment a driver may as well gamble on going early if there is a chance of overtaking as the only thing that will happen if he does go too early is to have to give the place back.
Last edited by pob on 28 Oct 2015, 16:18, edited 1 time in total.