2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jordan44

Re: 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Kingshark wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Hamiton was the faster car. You dont cut a tyree second gap down to DRS if you are slower. The problem is that Rosberg he same exact car, same tires, same strategist and most of all track position on a track where you cannot follow with the same pace.
Nah, Rosberg was just cruising and controlling the gap, as Hamilton did in China. Once Rosberg bolted, Lewis never saw him again. The gap in the end was 8 seconds.
Hamilton's tyres gave in because of the sustained attacks. Rosberg drove a good race but track psositon was what kept him in the lead as is always the case on a dry Brazil track for whoever is in front.

Rosberg has shown he is as fast as Hamilton in some instances but i would like him to sustain it over a year. I think deserves a championship. Maybe if Hamilton gets drunk on celebrity lifestyle next year Rosberg will get a better chance
Hamilton cited a great life-work balance as one of the reasons for his success this year several times. Don't see why he would risk changing it but Rosberg can dream. :D

djos

2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

Jonnycraig wrote:Kvyat outqualifies Ricciardo again despite running the older engine...
All it shows is what a damp squib the new Renault ice is, Ricciardo was slower in a straight line all weekend too.

Oh and you say out qualified again but the average qually position for the season is RIC 7.29 vs KYV 8.76. He's also out qualified KYV by an average of 2/10th's of a second.

Kyvatt has lost the qually battle for the season completely, it's really only luck* that has him in front on points for the WDC.

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015-f1-seas ... ying-data/

*Ricciardo has suffered 15 grid places more penalties than Kyvatt this year due to PU changes.
"In downforce we trust"

SiLo

Tbh I think both Mercedes drivers were almost flawless all weekend. I was amazed Hamilton stayed so close to Rosberg for so many laps too. Special mention goes to Vettel, the only driver to get close to them when almost every other car was lapped. Even Kimi was 50 seconds down the road.
Felipe Baby!

Unc1eM0nty

Agreed, I thought they were both top draw, Lewis tried everything he could but when they're that closely matched its too hard to pass, Nico made qually count and soaked up the pressure.

This was a carbon copy of Mexico, its just too hard to get close before both straights, Abu Dhabi should be a better show.

zeph
zeph

marlosb wrote:Only 4 car completed 71 laps. Rosberg opened 1 lap gap for Bottas who finished 5th.
I think walk in the park doesn't express well how easy it was to Mercedes. :)
This.

Mercedes is seemingly able to crank it up at will and dominate the field.

giantfan10
giantfan10

zeph wrote:
marlosb wrote:Only 4 car completed 71 laps. Rosberg opened 1 lap gap for Bottas who finished 5th.
I think walk in the park doesn't express well how easy it was to Mercedes. :)
This.

Mercedes is seemingly able to crank it up at will and dominate the field.
Very short track + faster car = lapping slower cars. Dont know where this mythical cranking it up comes from...
The only car on the track that was anywhere remotely close in performance was Vettel and even he had no shot.
Qualifying should have let u know what to expect.
Expect more of the same at Abu Dhabi. The Mercedes that qualifies on pole will win unless that driver makes a mistake or gets pushed off track. Thats the reality of formula 1 right now and thats pretty lame in my opinion when its all because of some idiotic rule the teams agreed to. I dont mind Mercedes dominating its just the fact that there is pretty much nothing that can be done about it by any other team . Pretty much a farce of a championship

Kingshark
Kingshark

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Kingshark wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:Hamiton was the faster car. You dont cut a tyree second gap down to DRS if you are slower. The problem is that Rosberg he same exact car, same tires, same strategist and most of all track position on a track where you cannot follow with the same pace.
Nah, Rosberg was just cruising and controlling the gap, as Hamilton did in China. Once Rosberg bolted, Lewis never saw him again. The gap in the end was 8 seconds.
Hamilton's tyres gave in because of the sustained attacks. Rosberg drove a good race but track psositon was what kept him in the lead as is always the case on a dry Brazil track for whoever is in front.
Hamilton's tyres went off more than Rosberg's even when Hamilton made no obvious attempt to pass, I am talking about the third and fourth stint, where he never got within 1.5 seconds. Rosberg was cruising massively during the second stint, that was obvious when you compare his lap times to Vettel's.

I would also like to add that Brazil is one of the best circuits for overtaking.

andartop
andartop

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

djos

andartop wrote:Massa excluded from the results:

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/3329 ... re-breach/
Saw that in the Williams topic, once again the FiA demonstrate an inability to accurately measure tire temps and pressures!
"In downforce we trust"

Roman
Roman

Flawless race from both Ros and Ham. We saw again what we already saw lots of times: The Merc who leads after the first corner will most likely win the race bar any mistakes. With the aero of todays cars (especially the importance of the front wing to the aero of the whole car) it is nearly impossible to drive close enough to another car in order to overtake in dry conditions.

We had this with Ros lots of time this season but now we see that also Ham cannot make a move.

Apart from that - not much to talk about. Nice moves from Verstappen though.

Sevach
Sevach

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/c ... on.113664/

Seems possible, the higher pressures maybe brought things a bit more towards Rosberg.

iotar__

Sevach wrote:http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/c ... on.113664/
Seems possible, the higher pressures maybe brought things a bit more towards Rosberg.
This is working backwards from results. What about last season with different pressure regs? What about Barcelona, Austria, Canada, GB and so on? Of course the idea that Hamilton was previously winning because of a car doesn't exist. No mystery - it starts with Q and one driver's form/results affecting the other one.

Same with strategy. All this talk is what fever was to causing road accidents, excuse to focus on something else. Theory: Hamilton gets his "risky" strategy destroys his tyres again, loses the race and the reaction is that team's decision cost him the race, not him being slower all weekend but alternative strategy. Strategies are not divided into risky/alternative but into better or worse ones like these:
- Australia - save fuel to attack on the last lap - does not exist,
- Malaysia - different tyres and no information about it, this one was very "alternative"
- Bahrain - twice behind Vettel after overtaking Ferraris - although not alternative it was not a bad one. Just a side effect, quick Ferrari didn't help
- for LH, Barcelona alternative one at the cost of a leading driver, slow Vettel helped
- Silverstone - pitstop, bad alternative to a good one
- Hungary - wrong tyres prepered, very, very alternative although not risky, risk of success O% ;-)
- Monza - pushing the old engine for low % chance of one place gain 3->2, risky like hell or on purpose
I'd say Hamilton has little to complain about when it comes to Mercedes strategies.

Sevach
Sevach

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/analy ... ve-failed/

Many topics addressed, alternate strategies, wether Interlagos is god or bad for overtaking...

ringo

Roman wrote:Flawless race from both Ros and Ham. We saw again what we already saw lots of times: The Merc who leads after the first corner will most likely win the race bar any mistakes. With the aero of todays cars (especially the importance of the front wing to the aero of the whole car) it is nearly impossible to drive close enough to another car in order to overtake in dry conditions.

We had this with Ros lots of time this season but now we see that also Ham cannot make a move.

Apart from that - not much to talk about. Nice moves from Verstappen though.
I guess with Hamilton ahead it's even more boring as he tends to disappear off into the distance. With Rosberg leading you are sure of Lewis at least fixing up for an overtake.
For Sure!!

Godius

summary of the race