2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Nathanael F1

2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

F1 2015 Tires - Soft and Medium

2014 Qualifying

2014 Race

2014 Pole Lap (Rosberg)
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

Shrieker

Re: 2015 Brazilian Grand Prix - Sao Paulo, November 13 - 15

5th win of the season for Rosberg ? Hamilton has never won here, wasn't one of his 'strong' tracks by any stretch of the imagination.

Oh and... Rain please 8)
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

godlameroso

I hope it's a dry weekend, I have a weird feeling, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferrari near the top. Mercedes may do a mid 1:09, and Ferrari can easily do a low 1:10, but they may be in the 1:09's come qualifying. This track has two 'straights' but only one is really dependent on engine power, the other is dependent on putting down the power.
Saishū kōnā

rjsa

Shrieker wrote: ...
Oh and... Rain please 8)
godlameroso wrote:I hope it's a dry weekend, I have a weird feeling...
We haven't seen the blue from the skies in a week and the forecast does not look different.

Juzh

godlameroso wrote:but only one is really dependent on engine power, the other is dependent on putting down the power.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

spacer

hoping for a genuine full wet race

..and a VET/RIC/VES podium :twisted:

AnthonyG

I remember last year Lewis made a mess of this GP, so this year he'll have some unfinished business.
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel

dans79

AnthonyG wrote:I remember last year Lewis made a mess of this GP, so this year he'll have some unfinished business.
You mean the team made the mess of his race, by telling him to push and then keeping him out an extra lap.
197 104 103 7

Kingshark

Rosberg was on course to do a 1:09.8 here last year in qualifying, but messed up in the final sector on his first attempt in Q3. I want a dry qualifying session to see what they are truly capable of.

I predict a Rosberg pole, and him to lose the lead by Turn 1 again. Unless it rains, whichever Mercedes is leading on the exit of Turn 4 will win. I also expect Massa to go really well if it remains dry.

godlameroso

This track requires a lot of trail braking, not so much full blown aero except for maybe two turns. Traction is also very important particularly the infield and the last turn leading onto the long curve main straight.
Saishū kōnā

Just_a_fan

Shrieker wrote:5th win of the season for Rosberg ? Hamilton has never won here, wasn't one of his 'strong' tracks by any stretch of the imagination.
He was doing ok in 2012 until Hulkenburg ruined both of their races...

But yes, he's never been great here in the race. Odd.

I expect Rosberg to take pole and the win. I expect Hamilton to be unhappy with a Mercedes pit strategy call again.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

toraabe

Kingshark wrote:Rosberg was on course to do a 1:09.8 here last year in qualifying, but messed up in the final sector on his first attempt in Q3. I want a dry qualifying session to see what they are truly capable of.

I predict a Rosberg pole, and him to lose the lead by Turn 1 again. Unless it rains, whichever Mercedes is leading on the exit of Turn 4 will win. I also expect Massa to go really well if it remains dry.
It is just a shame that the track has been shortened too much.
They should have at lest kept the back stretch until the lake and not turning into the senna-s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKCCP5rpUFQ

Moose

Just_a_fan wrote:
Shrieker wrote:5th win of the season for Rosberg ? Hamilton has never won here, wasn't one of his 'strong' tracks by any stretch of the imagination.
He was doing ok in 2012 until Hulkenburg ruined both of their races...

But yes, he's never been great here in the race. Odd.

I expect Rosberg to take pole and the win. I expect Hamilton to be unhappy with a Mercedes pit strategy call again.
He was also doing great last year. He would have won if not for the miscommunication with the team.

I don't think his lack of a win here is anything to do with him not liking the place, and more to do with dumb luck.

ME4ME

If Maldonado drives over the limit and crashes he is a fool. If Hamilton does it, it is the teams mistake?

The mistake was his. If the tires really were that worn, he should have backed off. It's his role as a driver to feel the grip available. Nico won that race fair and square.

Moose

ME4ME wrote:If Maldonado drives over the limit and crashes he is a fool. If Hamilton does it, it is the teams mistake?

The mistake was his. If the tires really were that worn, he should have backed off. It's his role as a driver to feel the grip available. Nico won that race fair and square.
The mistake had absolutely nothing to do with over driving, and everything to do with the tires being down to the canvas.

The tires were down to the canvas because the team told him to take everything out of them and that he'd be pitting that lap, so, he took everything out of them. The team then didn't pit him that lap.

Nico did win the race fair and square, but again - Lewis certainly was in contention for it, and probably would have won it if the team hadn't blundered.

The idea that this year is going to be an "easy" victory for Nico because Lewis never does well is misguided as best - it's clear that Lewis could have won last year. That means it's not easily Nico's track.