2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 F1 Spanish Grand Prix

ME4ME wrote: To be honest I don't expect much fireworks. The Red Bull news has already settled down, and most people have commented on the topic already. Verstappen is obviously happy, Sainz still thinks there is a good chance for him to earn promotion too. Kvyat will naturally be downbeat, but what can he say, it's all up to his performance now.

Also the media will want to know about Hamilton and his Mercedes relationship, how he goes into the weekend, what the team has done to improve reliability etc.

Driver press conferences are dull more often then not. Thinking about it, they shoul be done right after the race with the top 10 rather then before the weekend if we want emotions and fireworks :)
Kyvat will react like a good Russian, with an inexistent facial expression which will show all this fustration. :mrgreen:

I support this idea, it could be much more interesting than usual "we will try our best blablabla...".

Vasconia

superdowg316 wrote:I've seen some twitter reports from Spain stating that the mayor of Barcelona wants to get rid of the Formula One and MotoGP races for being "elitist". Can anyone find any news on that front?
There are some rumours about it but no official decision has taken yet. I know that the mayor dont like this sort of events but her opinion does not correspond to any oficial reaction, yet.

GoranF1
GoranF1

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

iotar__

- "What other drivers? I only read the news about myself"
- The one thing missing from the coverage of the switch is the fact that Kvyat should not be in Red Bull in the first place.
- Tyre pressure cheating suspicions continue, AMuS: two teams, one from the mid-field one top, one options is it's Toro Rosso and Red Bull, this is where I laughed :) . Didn't they recently try to convince the world that two team are completely separated? Weird.

Moanlower

iotar__ wrote:
- The one thing missing from the coverage of the switch is the fact that Kvyat should not be in Red Bull in the first place.
- Tyre pressure cheating suspicions continue, AMuS: two teams, one from the mid-field one top, one options is it's Toro Rosso and Red Bull, this is where I laughed :) . Didn't they recently try to convince the world that two team are completely separated? Weird.
As far as I heard, it's not cheating. They seemed to have found a way for the tyres to not increase the usual average pressure rise of 2 PSI that there is from coming off tyre warmers until they're up to full temperature.

Does anyone have a link to the drivers' press conference?
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

F1NAC

Moanlower wrote:
iotar__ wrote:
As far as I heard, it's not cheating. They seemed to have found a way for the tyres to not increase the usual average pressure rise of 2 PSI that there is from coming off tyre warmers until they're up to full temperature.

Does anyone have a link to the drivers' press conference?

Moanlower

Thanks F1NAC, already found this one but it's only audio.

flickerf1
flickerf1

Pics from today: http://ams.to/gp-spain-pics-2016

Credit: AMuS
The Wicked + The Divine.

Moanlower

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Kvyat obviously very emotional, rightly so.
Regardless of my opinion that I think he has not shown anything 'extraordinary' so to speak, I do feel for him being 'handled'.

Some annoying and expectable tabloid bs questions though.

What I do find interesting are some of his comments. Though he shows a tad of emotion, he doesn't really seem 'vengeful' to speak
half-truths, so comments like 'he learned some interesting facts on why this happened since he deserves to know this' ( agree fully there )
and the point that he actually got called with the news are some things that raise interest, especially his comment he 'will keep that to
himself FOR NOW'.

in other words, i'm thinking this 'thing' is going to have some interesting revelations somewhere in the future, i'm curious on how close
that future is going to be. I am quite confident this will be Kyvat's last season paired to RedBull - i have no judgement at this point whether
he will be without a F1 seat ever after that - and that we'll probably won't get these revelations untill the end of this season unless he gets
sacked in favour of Ghasly, or whether he himself might decide to 'stick it to them' and step out, though i think that would most likely terminate
his F1 and perhaps even motorsport career alltogether.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mansell89
Mansell89

A Mercedes medium tyre snore fest at the weekend.

Yawn.

Moanlower

Manoah2u wrote:Kvyat obviously very emotional, rightly so.
Regardless of my opinion that I think he has not shown anything 'extraordinary' so to speak, I do feel for him being 'handled'.

Some annoying and expectable tabloid bs questions though.

What I do find interesting are some of his comments. Though he shows a tad of emotion, he doesn't really seem 'vengeful' to speak
half-truths, so comments like 'he learned some interesting facts on why this happened since he deserves to know this' ( agree fully there )
and the point that he actually got called with the news are some things that raise interest, especially his comment he 'will keep that to
himself FOR NOW'.

in other words, i'm thinking this 'thing' is going to have some interesting revelations somewhere in the future, i'm curious on how close
that future is going to be. I am quite confident this will be Kyvat's last season paired to RedBull - i have no judgement at this point whether
he will be without a F1 seat ever after that - and that we'll probably won't get these revelations untill the end of this season unless he gets
sacked in favour of Ghasly, or whether he himself might decide to 'stick it to them' and step out, though i think that would most likely terminate
his F1 and perhaps even motorsport career alltogether.
My guess is that both Kvyat and Sainz were comforted with the explanation that whoever comes out best will have a big chance to replace Ricci who'll probably leave RBR for 2017 or 2018 latest (another guess: taking the spot of Kimi).

Kvyat is also quite safe at STR since Russian businessman Sergey Belousov signed a long-term sponsorship deal after Kvyat was demoted, but only if Tost and Kvyat are at the team.

SR71

Lewis getting priority on new engine components... Hilarious. How would the reaction of Lewis fans turn out if he was leading and Nico got priority?

Chuckjr

SR71 wrote:Lewis getting priority on new engine components... Hilarious. How would the reaction of Lewis fans turn out if he was leading and Nico got priority?
=D> Lol exactly.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

I notice every team barring Ferrari have supplied preview quotes for the official site:

http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... uotes.html

Is this a typical state of affairs?