2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

Re: 2017 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 14-16 July

mertol wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 12:34
In this video you mainly see Kimi sucking nothing more.
That sucker is faster than magnificent Vettel since Monaco.

Also the swap was a sure thing between Kimi and Vettel. If there is one thing Ferrari is known for that is their #1 driver fetish.

FrukostScones

TAG wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 15:51
justmoi wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 15:48
For me there is zero doubt Ferrari would have swapped their positions if Bottas was no there. There is nothing biased about the British commentators for saying so. AND it would have been the correct decision to swap them. In fact, it would be stupid not to swap them. Kimi is not fighting for the title at all. Why leave your own driver to take away more points from your WDC candidate, even more especially as the WCC is slightly slipping out of hand. Besides switching their positions has no drawbacks for the team. In every race since the situation became apparent Ferrari will favour Vettel. And they will be right to of course.

I don't get why simple logic gets clouded by bias on this forum.
Because when Mercedes does it (thinks about doing it), the commentating from the h8rz isn't as rational as you so eloquently presented yours. :mrgreen:
Lies.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Steven
Owner

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 18:48
I didn't notice it live, But that's some decent contact between Vettel and Max (a little after the 2:05 mark).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Db_uT-tWPQ&fix=1
Indeed there was. That made it all the more interesting that Max returned the favour of pushing Vettel off the track on the exit of the next corner.

And then, I saw today somewhere that Vettel said: "Max is still a bit wild". Pot and kettle.

PlatinumZealot

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 00:35
PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 00:15
I think Vettel is not used to having a direct competitor in equal or faster car fighting for the championship. So it is new territory for him.
I have to disagree with that. In 2012 he and Lewis had very equal cars, Lewis only faded do to reliability issues. If memory served he dnf'd from two races while leading do to transmission issues.
I still don't believe Vettel had direct competitors. Lewis and Alonso were wholely relying on poor days from RedBull. I remember as a Lewis McLaren fan I wasn't even hoping for the drivers title since Singapore. I knew it was Vettel's and I wanted Alonso to spoil the party any way he could.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

dans79 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 00:35
PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 00:15
I think Vettel is not used to having a direct competitor in equal or faster car fighting for the championship. So it is new territory for him.
I have to disagree with that. In 2012 he and Lewis had very equal cars, Lewis only faded do to reliability issues. If memory served he dnf'd from two races while leading do to transmission issues.
I still don't believe Vettel had direct competitors. Lewis and Alonso were wholely relying on poor days from RedBull. I remember as a Lewis McLaren fan I wasn't even hoping for the drivers title since Singapore. I knew it was Vettel's and I wanted Alonso to spoil the party any way he could.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Moose
Moose

Steven wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 19:43
dans79 wrote:
I didn't notice it live, But that's some decent contact between Vettel and Max (a little after the 2:05 mark).

Indeed there was. That made it all the more interesting that Max returned the favour of pushing Vettel off the track on the exit of the next corner.

And then, I saw today somewhere that Vettel said: "Max is still a bit wild". Pot and kettle.
Yeh, Vettel was being very aggressive in that corner all race. He swung towards Bottas to keep him from getting back on the track later too.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Steven wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Vettel really needs to calm down. I noticed that during the race indeed, the contact. He left no space for Verstappen so he had nowhere to go but to leave the track limits. No surprise indeed Max closed the door like he did the next corner. sore behavior of Vettel to then wave his angry hands in the air. He promised better, i'm seeing none of it.

There was some discussion at sky on track limits for both drivers and that they didn't expect any penalties or investigation because they both did that in the battle for positions, but the fact is that isn't the complete picture.

in fact, Vettel hit Verstappen, who couldn't go anywhere else. Vettel should have left him enough room - which he did not. That actually is a breach of the racing rules, so in all truth, Vettel could actually have gotten atleast an investigation in the matter. Then, because of not leaving room, he collided with Max to which Vettel is fully to blame. Verstappen gave him plenty room either way. That means causing a collision should have been investigated without any doubt, which could then again risk a penalty.
If there erver then was in investigation to Max' leaving track limits, he would be free from charge because Vettel pushed him off it - through contact, even.

Vettel is getting a real real real huge amount of get-out-of-jail freecards to be quite honest, all to keep 'the championship battle' alive.
If there was ever any question whether Ferrari has made a deal with the FIA - it's so clear as day that it's almost blinding.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Manoah2u wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 20:16
Steven wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Vettel really needs to calm down. I noticed that during the race indeed, the contact. He left no space for Verstappen so he had nowhere to go but to leave the track limits. No surprise indeed Max closed the door like he did the next corner. sore behavior of Vettel to then wave his angry hands in the air. He promised better, i'm seeing none of it.

There was some discussion at sky on track limits for both drivers and that they didn't expect any penalties or investigation because they both did that in the battle for positions, but the fact is that isn't the complete picture.

in fact, Vettel hit Verstappen, who couldn't go anywhere else. Vettel should have left him enough room - which he did not. That actually is a breach of the racing rules, so in all truth, Vettel could actually have gotten atleast an investigation in the matter. Then, because of not leaving room, he collided with Max to which Vettel is fully to blame. Verstappen gave him plenty room either way. That means causing a collision should have been investigated without any doubt, which could then again risk a penalty.
If there erver then was in investigation to Max' leaving track limits, he would be free from charge because Vettel pushed him off it - through contact, even.

Vettel is getting a real real real huge amount of get-out-of-jail freecards to be quite honest, all to keep 'the championship battle' alive.
If there was ever any question whether Ferrari has made a deal with the FIA - it's so clear as day that it's almost blinding.

Totally agree, but we all know nothing is going to be done. The FIA are waiting for someone else to commit something similar so they can punish that driver really hard and tell everyone 'no more' then Vettel will stop and be almost punishment free .
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Sieper

Moose wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 20:14
Steven wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Yeh, Vettel was being very aggressive in that corner all race. He swung towards Bottas to keep him from getting back on the track later too.
That is how he does every tight/close overtake (Ricciardi in China springs to mind). It is fine by me, but please stop playing the politics game (waving the hand, calling Max still a little too wild etc.) it is Seb who in fact is too wild himselve. Again, fine by me but the post race politics are best dropped, especially as he is bad at them. Lewis Baku incident. Him wildly complaining about kvyat at the start of previous season almost forced RBR to put Max in the car, not great for Seb. He nerds to be much starter about it, another lesson to learn from Hamilton.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

what?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Wass85
Wass85

I've noticed Hamilton's lap record was only 2 tenths faster than the previous fastest lap set in 2010 by Alonso, I expected them to be quicker than that tbh.

Sieper

What what!

TAG

Wass85 wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 21:19
I've noticed Hamilton's lap record was only 2 tenths faster than the previous fastest lap set in 2010 by Alonso, I expected them to be quicker than that tbh.
He did it on tires that were blistering... I'm sure they could have cut it down dramatically on fresh rubber.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Moose
Moose

Also, bear in mind that Silverstone has one of the highest average speeds of any circuit all year. That means that they're in the "all this extra wing is just extra drag" territory a lot more than at other circuits.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Sieper wrote:
18 Jul 2017, 21:43
What what!
he nerds to be much starter about it? sorry i assume your native language isn't english, but i couldn't decipher that one, hence the question :wink: