Basically a new car. Some things have changed 2 or 3 times since i last updated it here, and there are so many updates that i'm not gonna list all the changes to the car
Firstly detail changes to the front wing, i have changed the way it connects to the central 250mm and made some small changes to the endplate, though im working on a new front wing at the moment which isnt finished.
In this picture you can see some of the small changes to the front wing, aswell as the new camera position, wing pillars and a new nose to go with the new chassis
I have changed to front brake ducts so they point downward and pick up flow coming off the front wing, i have also added some fins to the brake duct (basically copied off the williams) and removed the small downforce generating winglets
There are loads of changes in this picture, for starter, the chassis is completely different, lower at the top but with different radiuses at the edge so i haven't lost alot of space underneath. The fuel tank is also longer and slightly thinner. The mirrors are raised and moved inward, the bargeboards have been lengthed and I am using an extra vane at the edge of the floor to extract air (look behind the sidepod fin (which is also different)) The headrest is also completely new and i believe interprets the rules quite well to reduce drag. The sidepods are also different and in an L-shape, though not as extreme as mclarens. Because of the new sidepods the bodywork is alot wider behind the driver.
The exhaust is change again, i am no longer using it to blow the diffuser from the sides but to seal it off from the rear tyres. I have also raised the rear suspension as it was getting very close to the floor as rake was added.
Loads of changes at the rear too, Firstly the rear wing is no longer supported by a central mount, but by the frontal beam wing (something which is only on my car and the F60) which joins onto the RIS (rear impact structure) which is completely new. I had to keep it low enough so that it didnt touch the beam wing, but high enough so that it didnt interfere with my gearbox starter hole fed double decker diffuser. because of this it is shaped like a v-nose, except for the rear face which must be rectangular. The rear bodywork is also very tight, and the dorsal fin connects onto the beam wing. The beam wing also has a wavy leading edge, inspired by a humpack whale, to increase the angle of attack before it stalls (the beam wing runs at quite a high aoa)
Im just gonna post pictures now, and i'll edit it later with descriptions
Another thing, is that i have taken advantage of the rules which allow a 5mm vertical tolerance on the step plane. Therefore the step plane is 5mm lower and the front of the floor which is meant to be on the reference plane is 5mm higher. This has also allowed me to effectively start the diffuser 50mm forward