2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2016 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Silent Storm wrote:Another great strategy from one and only Jock Clear. =D> He surely is an asset to any team he is in and has successfully replaced Antonio Spagnolo as one of the best member in the team.
I dont understand why he hasnt be fired.

A Spanish commentator mentioned that there is bad atmosphere around him in Ferrari because he has begun to take some decisions about stragey when theoretically those decisiones are not part of his responsabilities inside the team. Any extra info about this?

ME4ME

Silent Storm wrote:
ME4ME wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:Vettel was fast because he had fresh US available to him plus a new PU and gearbox.
Do you suggest a new PU and Gearbox makes any notable difference around Singapore? Kimi isn't exactly on a old unit either..
Kimi was using his gearbox for the 4th time, and yes it does make a small difference as he could use it in a aggressive setting for a longer period of time because he didn't have to worry about the reliability of it. (Remember how they were restricted on doing less laps in Monza FP1) He can push it a bit harder than Kimi for the next races too.
Seb is expected to go until the end of the season with his new engine. He wouldn't have taken much life out of it. Gearbox basically makes no difference at all. It was all about tires and driver.

giantfan10
giantfan10

Vasconia wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:Another great strategy from one and only Jock Clear. =D> He surely is an asset to any team he is in and has successfully replaced Antonio Spagnolo as one of the best member in the team.

A Spanish commentator mentioned that there is bad atmosphere around him in Ferrari because he has begun to take some decisions about stragey when theoretically those decisiones are not part of his responsabilities inside the team. Any extra info about this?
Its amazing how facts get lost in situations like this... go watch the hamilton post race interview... he said Mercedes made the last pit stop and they knew ferrari were going to pit Kimi too because both hamilton and kimi RUINED THEIR TIRES RACING EACH OTHER for several laps before the stops... would u rather kimi stay out and be blown away by hamilton in a faster car with fresher tires??? Or was. His attempt to pit and try but fail to get ahead of hamilton during the pit stop rotation a better option?.. i know i would rather attempt to fight rather than be a sitting duck.
Seems like much ado about nothing to me...or better yet another "bash Ferrari attempt" which seems to be in fashion.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

ME4ME wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
ME4ME wrote:
Do you suggest a new PU and Gearbox makes any notable difference around Singapore? Kimi isn't exactly on a old unit either..
Kimi was using his gearbox for the 4th time, and yes it does make a small difference as he could use it in a aggressive setting for a longer period of time because he didn't have to worry about the reliability of it. (Remember how they were restricted on doing less laps in Monza FP1) He can push it a bit harder than Kimi for the next races too.
Seb is expected to go until the end of the season with his new engine. He wouldn't have taken much life out of it. Gearbox basically makes no difference at all. It was all about tires and driver.
I agree gearbox makes no difference but Seb has Monza engine and this new PU till the end not just this Singapore GP one. I also agree with the tyres and drivers point, Seb had fresh US tyres available to him and he made the most out of it.
The ones with the least to say always want to be heard the most…

Vasconia

giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Its amazing how facts get lost in situations like this... go watch the hamilton post race interview... he said Mercedes made the last pit stop and they knew ferrari were going to pit Kimi too because both hamilton and kimi RUINED THEIR TIRES RACING EACH OTHER for several laps before the stops... would u rather kimi stay out and be blown away by hamilton in a faster car with fresher tires??? Or was. His attempt to pit and try but fail to get ahead of hamilton during the pit stop rotation a better option?.. i know i would rather attempt to fight rather than be a sitting duck.
Seems like much ado about nothing to me...or better yet another "bash Ferrari attempt" which seems to be in fashion.
Kimi should have pitted before. He asked the team if he had to pit and the team answered him "wait". Well, this extra time probaly costed him the undercut.

Juzh

Vasconia wrote:
giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

Kimi should have pitted before. He asked the team if he had to pit and the team answered him "wait". Well, this extra time probaly costed him the undercut.
This conversation probably took place during the kimi's inlap.

Schuttelberg

Silent Storm wrote:Vettel was fast because he had fresh US available to him plus a new PU and gearbox.
Rosberg was fast because Mercedes has the best car.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Vasconia

Juzh wrote:This conversation probably took place during the kimi's inlap.
Didnt he pit a couple of laps later than Lewis?

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

giantfan10 wrote:
Vasconia wrote:

I've spoken enough about this incident in the race thread, but the primary issue I've tried to highlight was Ferrari's reactive strategy throughout the race. They had scope to literally do anything, more so even than Hamilton, and they ended up doing exactly what Mercedes hoped they would.

Moreover, the data as fed to the live audience was more than enough to discern what Mercedes were doing. A sudden change in lap time during the 3rd stint; rapid narrowing of a gap that was previously stable; allowing this to continue to the point where an undercut was possible; allowing Mercedes to pit first, only to follow the lap after, solidifying the strategic blunder; and doing so in a manner so obvious as to be questioned by the driver.

Perhaps you consider this to constitute bashing, I'd call it reasonable criticism.

F1NAC

Vasconia wrote:

Isnt Inaki Rueda responsible for strategies?

Juzh

Vasconia wrote:
He was in pits the next lap.

sosic2121
sosic2121

Fulcrum wrote:I've spoken enough about this incident in the race thread, but the primary issue I've tried to highlight was Ferrari's reactive strategy throughout the race. They had scope to literally do anything, more so even than Hamilton, and they ended up doing exactly what Mercedes hoped they would.

Moreover, the data as fed to the live audience was more than enough to discern what Mercedes were doing. A sudden change in lap time during the 3rd stint; rapid narrowing of a gap that was previously stable; allowing this to continue to the point where an undercut was possible; allowing Mercedes to pit first, only to follow the lap after, solidifying the strategic blunder; and doing so in a manner so obvious as to be questioned by the driver.
IMO you are 100% right!
Ferrari failed miserably. AGAIN! It's time someone gets fired.
All started in Melbourne when they haven't put mediums on Vettel's car, despite they knew Mercedes did!

Ferrari, especially Raikkonen's Ferrari has one advantage over competition, tires degradation, but we yet to see strategy that plays this strength.

In the end, they compromised kimi strategy so much, that Vettel finished only 17s behind!

Vasconia

Juzh wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
He was in pits the next lap.
Ups! my mistake. I was sure that he pitted two laps after which I thought it costed him the podium.

godlameroso

sosic2121 wrote:
Fulcrum wrote:I've spoken enough about this incident in the race thread, but the primary issue I've tried to highlight was Ferrari's reactive strategy throughout the race. They had scope to literally do anything, more so even than Hamilton, and they ended up doing exactly what Mercedes hoped they would.

IMO you are 100% right!
Ferrari failed miserably. AGAIN! It's time someone gets fired.
All started in Melbourne when they haven't put mediums on Vettel's car, despite they knew Mercedes did!

Ferrari, especially Raikkonen's Ferrari has one advantage over competition, tires degradation, but we yet to see strategy that plays this strength.

In the end, they compromised kimi strategy so much, that Vettel finished only 17s behind!
A big reason Ferrari as a team makes mistakes is because of pressure. I don't care how much you thrive on it, constant pressure and stress will eventually lead to a mistake. The fear of getting the axe for making a mistake can be paralyzing.
Saishū kōnā

alexx_88
alexx_88

Hindsight is a beautiful thing. What if they would've called Kimi in and Hamilton would've stayed out? What were Kimi's chances to overtake on a track where Hamilton is a beast and would've had clean air in front?

It's only so much you can do with a slower car...