2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach
Sevach

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Mr Brooksy

I'm not sure about the livery, to much black (obviously too hide the detail a little better), but I would have thought that a splash of the dark royal blue as a border to the white and black might have been a more elegant choice keeping in mind the teams corporate image.
Last edited by Mr Brooksy on 16 Feb 2018, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

fritticaldi

I looked at Sirotkin's past racing record and he often raced in front running well established teams. He doesn't have many podium finishes. Perhaps he is better in qualifying ? Looking forward to how the young Russian performs in his first year.

NathanOlder

fritticaldi wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 04:12
I looked at Sirotkin's past racing record and he often raced in front running well established teams. He doesn't have many podium finishes. Perhaps he is better in qualifying ? Looking forward to how the young Russian performs in his first year.
Was saying that over and over again in the argument about who to choose, Sirotkin or Kubica. Sirotkin has done nothing to deserve an F1 drive at this stage in his career.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

FrukostScones

fritticaldi wrote:
I think he will beat Stroll. I mean if he is better than Kubica :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

NathanOlder

:lol: without a doubt he will beat Stroll IF he's better than Kubica.

I read Kubica will get 3 FP1 runs this year. I hope he's able to put in some hot times and put his team mate to shame [-o<
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ringo

NathanOlder wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 09:47
fritticaldi wrote:
Was saying that over and over again in the argument about who to choose, Sirotkin or Kubica. Sirotkin has done nothing to deserve an F1 drive at this stage in his career.
I think that is a bit too harsh. Reading Lowe's comments and the process they went through to select Sirotkin, i feel more confident that he will do well. It wasn't down to just money. He simply was the better option over Kubica.
If it was money and he wasnt a good driver he would be the test driver instead of Kubica.
As for the livery and the car, they're all more agressive than the previous years. They have done away with the bulby sidepods that have plauged the williams cars for years, and i am glad someone stepped in and approached the sidepods differently. The car will have better downforce characteristics and may lose the low drag feature that was become a signature of the williams cars.
For Sure!!

Mr Brooksy

Anyone else notice that Williams is missing Randstad logos on the car?

That's a shame, as they've been with Williams for quite a few years now.

Sevach
Sevach

Randstad and Hackett.

One can see why they felt the need for extra money.

Sevach
Sevach

Kubica will test for the Manor WEC LMP1 team.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/kub ... n-1006141/

I think it will probably be a good thing for Robert if he gets a full time racing seat in addition to his role at Williams, so let's see.

Vasconia

Sevach wrote:
18 Feb 2018, 12:01
Kubica will test for the Manor WEC LMP1 team.

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/kub ... n-1006141/

I think it will probably be a good thing for Robert if he gets a full time racing seat in addition to his role at Williams, so let's see.
He may not be enough fast(according to what the team theoretically thinks) but its clear that they have a great confidence on his feedback about the car. Great to see him driving again tough I would like to see him more times. If I am not wrong he will make only three appearances during this season, is it right?

Sevach
Sevach

You mean FP appearances for Williams?

How many WEC races he will contest i dunno honestly...

adrianjordan

Sevach wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 15:09
You mean FP appearances for Williams?

How many WEC races he will contest i dunno honestly...
Imagine if he beat Alonso!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

netoperek
netoperek

Robert got some first impression of new car, as FW41 gets some running time on Motorland Aragon today due to Williams filming day. I wonder how many complaints technical department have already heard from Robert ;)

Mr Brooksy

netoperek wrote:
25 Feb 2018, 17:34
Robert got some first impression of new car, as FW41 gets some running time on Motorland Aragon today due to Williams filming day. I wonder how many complaints technical department have already heard from Robert ;)
As many as Robert can find I hope. The more quality feedback from a quality driver the better.

If the car is not within 1 sec of the fastest car this year, I think it's going to be another tough season. And Williams need a good season to hold on to Martini... I'm kinda expecting Williams to lose Martini to McLaren now that the key man at Martini is now on that McLaren business advisory group thing (whatever it is).