2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Ground Effect wrote:
31 May 2019, 12:35
Mansell89 wrote:
30 May 2019, 21:37
Mansell89 wrote:
30 May 2019, 21:34
Astonishing to hear yet another change in story from Cyril. He was recently saying the updates on the conrod failure meant they could now unlock full power, but now there’s a mysterious delay until Paul Ricard.

If Renaults upgrades don’t deliver a substantial improvement to their car, I don’t see how he can stay in his role beyond this season. Very ambitious to say these updates are aimed at clearing the midfield- that would be a heck of a step forward from where they are.

Massive few weeks ahead for this team and it’s future direction IMO.

For the sake of F1 I hope they do make that progress- both engine and indeed the works team themselves.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4394961/
"So what that means is the engine will be back at full power and even a bit more, and that should be available at Paul Ricard.

I think from that remark,they plan to have more power than they have now by Paul Ricard, which could be down to fuel, software or engine mapping. I don’t think he’s changing his story.
Thanks Ground Effect, yes you might be right. I may have misread! Let’s hope so as we need Renaults PU to really fight the Ferrari and Merc.

Espresso

Well taken from 1:21
..but.. John we've heard things like this from Renault before, throughout the hybrid area, before the
all the way to 2014....
Well history repeating itself? Cyril coming with his annually updated script to communicate?
Already weaving his safety-net with 'a focus on 2021'

It sounds quite solid when Cyril says this year they've more problems because the are testing the engine more to the limit. Well there is a good reason for that.
Difference with previous years is that (engine wise) they have to bite the bullet themselves. Previous years RB was pushing the engine on/over the limit, allowing Renault to observe and use a 'safe' engine setting for themselves.
And when something went wrong Cyril just blamed RB.
And also stating the engine is on par with Mercedes and Ferrari...is at least a fairy tale.

He also has to admit there is just zero percent improvement from the chassis team. They should be ashamed when McLaren can turnaround (in a year) and build a chassis (outperforming the Renault worksteam).
It just hurts when two good drivers are stuck to 'the back of the pack.

Lets see what happens when to bring the updates to France.
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Ground Effect

"I'm confident the engine made a good step over the winter, there's still a little bit more to get in qualifying, that will be for later into the season," team boss Cyril Abiteboul told Sky F1 in Monaco.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

PowerandtheGlory

Some updates due in Canada;

Nick Chester Q&A;
Are there any new upgrades planned for Canada?
'We have some aero and mechanical items coming through for Montreal. Our main focus will be concentrating on getting every different element to work in harmony – the midfield is so tight now that we need to maximise the overall performance'
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Webber2011

New ES for both cars in Canada.

Hopefully this is a reliability update and suffers no problems.

nokivasara

Once again a great quali from Ricciardo, P4! 6-1. He's like a sniper, always there to grab a good result when the opportunity arises.
Good job from Hulk aswell!
Hoping for a clean race for them both.

Juzh

Ricciardo's P4 lap with boosted gearbox microphone volume :)

https://streamable.com/izg0j

bill shoe

Wow, Renault deliver the goods with chassis and engine. And right when they needed it. This was surely not expected to be a Renault track... And can't help but notice the factory Renault team outqualified RB-Honda. Both Renaults need good points tomorrow.

Mclarensenna

Juzh wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 23:36
Ricciardo's P4 lap with boosted gearbox microphone volume :)

What an amazing lap. Ricciardo definitely looks a lot more comfortable with the car now. Smooth and effortless and better balanced. Looks like Renault has made some positive changes/upgrades to the setup of the car. It will be a miracle if he can hold onto 4th on pure pace but lets see how the race unfolds.

djos

bill shoe wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 01:12
Wow, Renault deliver the goods with chassis and engine. And right when they needed it. This was surely not expected to be a Renault track... And can't help but notice the factory Renault team outqualified RB-Honda. Both Renaults need good points tomorrow.
That was super impressive by Dan and a great job by Nico too.

In the Aussie motorsport press it was reported recently that Dan has adjusted his driving style to suit the Renault - clearly that's paying off big time now.
"In downforce we trust"

factory_p

Here's hoping their setup works the tyres properly in the race and not just in quali as we've seen from Haas on several occasions.
Especially since the top speed looks strong, I hope they haven't trimmed too much downforce and fail to put energy on the tyres in the race.

Xero

Incredible lap! Car looks really good around Montreal, seems to suit their package.

Going back to the race sims on Friday, the softs really fell away quickly on both Renaults, so they may struggle and may need to pit earlier than others around them. Both Red Bull and McLaren looked much better going longer on the softs. If Ricciardo can eek out the first stint and keep the others behind him (besides Bottas) then he could be in for a great result. Fine margins though, looking forward to this race!

Blackout

bill shoe wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 01:12
Wow, Renault deliver the goods with chassis and engine. And right when they needed it. This was surely not expected to be a Renault track...
It's a Renault track this year thanks to the big engine gains and the absence of high speed corners on this track :P
They managed to put heat on the tires this time, unlike Baku, another track that suited them on the paper.

PhillipM

Did Renault try the new brake setup that they were going to test at Monaco does anyone know?
It was a change of discs and pads to something they thought would offer the feedback Ric wanted - and well, the car looks way better on the brakes this weekend...

GoranF1

Renault reminds of 2003 and 2004 when they were catching up quickly....
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."