[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest
e30ernest

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Hilarious!

SiLo

Easy to be funny when you're winning pretty much everything in sight.
Felipe Baby!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Scorpaguy

Not sure about others, but to me this seems a lot of tacit (heck, some overt) apologetics for Bot's performance (or lack thereof). The last bit, "...Bot was quicker than Rus over the entire weekend..." :wtf:

Granted Bot was not reduced to a quivering pile of jelly, but still, was JA watching the same race as the rest of us?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Scorpaguy wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2020, 21:47
Not sure about others, but to me this seems a lot of tacit (heck, some overt) apologetics for Bot's performance (or lack thereof). The last bit, "...Bot was quicker than Rus over the entire weekend..." :wtf:

Granted Bot was not reduced to a quivering pile of jelly, but still, was JA watching the same race as the rest of us?
Perhaps he's driving a Mercedes?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

I would like to see Bottas Vs Russel again, but even more so I want Lewis to close of this dominant seasing in a proper way. He should not be denied that in this unforgetable, history making season. (Remember the BLM and Covid-19 threads: :))

Georgie will get his time in the Mercedes again. Hopefully against Lewis. I wont like the English Vs British saga again as it was with Jenson vs Lewis, but contention brings entertainment I guess.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

nzjrs

PlatinumZealot wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2020, 22:44
I wont like the English Vs British saga again as it was with Jenson vs Lewis, but contention brings entertainment I guess.
What is an English vs British saga?

PlatinumZealot

Our Nige'
Our Jense'
But Lewis was never universally loved to in his country until years after he left Mclaren.

When George is back it will be "Our George" again verus that windrush boy Lewis.

Just normal British media. I notice once they have found a likely hero they pick him up till they have had their fill then they kick him to the dirt for any reason they can find. In Lewis' case it was at least two dozen reasons. Lol

Prepare for a poop storm once George Vs Lewis gets in full swing that's all I can say.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 09 Dec 2020, 23:04, edited 2 times in total.

Scorpaguy

...que the genetics discussion!

nzjrs

09 Dec 2020, 23:01
Our Nige'
Our Jense'
But Lewis was never universally loved to in his country until years after he left Mclaren.

When George is back it will be "Our George" again verus that windrush boy Lewis.

Just normal British media. I notice once they have found a likely hero they pick him up till they have had their fill then they kick him to the dirt for any reason they can find. In Lewis' case it was at least two dozen reasons. Lol

Prepare for a poop storm once George Vs Lewis gets in full swing that's all I can say.
I'm not British so literally none of this made sense. Who is nige? What is windrush? Is 2-dozen a reference to something? How is this English Vs British?

PlatinumZealot

Nigel Mansel
Jenson Button
Are beloved English champions.

You have to research the rest. Too much for right now. Lets have this discussion in 2022.

Big Tea

I have seen the English v British with Scots or Irish drivers, but can't recall it with Jens and Lewis? Maybe I have lead a sheltered life :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

09 Dec 2020, 23:01
Our Nige'
Our Jense'

As an American looking in, this is what it looks like from the outside.

nzjrs

Big Tea wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2020, 23:12
I have seen the English v British with Scots or Irish drivers, but can't recall it with Jens and Lewis? Maybe I have lead a sheltered life :mrgreen:
Ahh true, that English Vs British. I was thrown because I had no idea how this was going to apply to George vs Lewis - neither of which are Scottish / Irish. Thanks.

Jolle
Jolle

nzjrs wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2020, 23:20
Big Tea wrote: ↑
09 Dec 2020, 23:12
Ahh true, that English Vs British. I was thrown because I had no idea how this was going to apply to George vs Lewis - neither of which are Scottish / Irish. Thanks.
There was a joke going round with Andy Murray. When he was winning he was British, when he lost he was Scottish