[ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
jumpingfish

Re: [ 2020 ] AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

https://www.menshealth.com/uk/fitness/a ... ion-vegan/
MH: What are you most proud of achieving in your career?

LH: I was the first working-class F1 champion. I’m proud to have paved the way for others. One of my favourite phrases is: “You can’t be what you don’t see.” Anyone who sees me on the podium, even if it’s a child, can be inspired to follow their dreams. If that happens, I’ll have done my job well. Diversity is a problem that Formula 1 has to face up to. I want to do my part in helping the sport make progress, not only by inspiring others but also by collaborating to create more opportunities for people from different communities.
Really first working-class F1 champion? Does he know anything about Kimi Raikkonen or Juan Manuel Fangio, what they and their families did to become champions ? [...]
Last edited by Steven on 19 Jun 2020, 22:07, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cut sillyness

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

That's your take away from the piece? The point he was making was about being a role model for others who might hear "you can't" all the time.
[...]
Last edited by Steven on 19 Jun 2020, 22:08, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Cut silliness
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

ENGINE TUNER
ENGINE TUNER

toraabe wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 13:23
I expect that the new engines in 2026 will be based on the current one, but with an increased hybrid package
Let's say that the fuel floww will be reduced to 85 Kg /h, but mgu-k will at least double the output and likewise the mgu-h. Battery capacity also has to be increased as well
It would be wise for F1 to mandate the next mguk to be the same power level of the 2026 Formula E mguk, possibly even the same homologation.

Jolle
Jolle

As a fan of the sport, I’m proud to have someone like Hamilton who, in a environment made by old school marketing, speaks his mind, is angry and vocal about the world around him. He is, for me at least, a role model how you can inspire and use your fame and power for good.

And I’m actually moved that the Mercedes team came out right away in full support, along with F1 and FIA. It gives me hope.

And yes, I am one of those liberal vegan Europeans social workers who has 25 years of first hand experience of institutional racism and police violence.

PlatinumZealot

[quote=jumpingfish post_id=903027 time=1592503047 user_id=39956]
[url]https://www.menshealth.com/uk/fitness/a32877730/lewis-hamilton-workout-nutrition-vegan/[/url]

[quote]MH: What are you most proud of achieving in your career?

LH: [b]I was the first working-class F1 champion.[/b] I’m proud to have paved the way for others. One of my favourite phrases is: “You can’t be what you don’t see.” Anyone who sees me on the podium, even if it’s a child, can be inspired to follow their dreams. If that happens, I’ll have done my job well. Diversity is a problem that Formula 1 has to face up to. I want to do my part in helping the sport make progress, not only by inspiring others but also by collaborating to create more opportunities for people from different communities.[/quote]

Really first working-class F1 champion? Does he know anything about Kimi Raikkonen or Juan Manuel Fangio, what they and their families did to become champions ? [...]
[/quote]

He might be right. Kimi's parents were not "nine to fivers" like his dad was. In fact Kimi's parents seemed to be well off. Rich farmers sort of thing.

Fangio's family look like rich farmers too when I watch videos of them.

Big Tea

PlatinumZealot wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 19:54
jumpingfish wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 19:57
https://www.menshealth.com/uk/fitness/a ... ion-vegan/

LH: I was the first working-class F1 champion. I’m proud to have paved the way for others. One of my favourite phrases is: “You can’t be what you don’t see.” Anyone who sees me on the podium, even if it’s a child, can be inspired to follow their dreams. If that happens, I’ll have done my job well. Diversity is a problem that Formula 1 has to face up to. I want to do my part in helping the sport make progress, not only by inspiring others but also by collaborating to create more opportunities for people from different communities.
He might be right. Kimi's parents were not "nine to fivers" like his dad was. In fact Kimi's parents seemed to be well off. Rich farmers sort of thing.

Fangio's family look like rich farmers too when I watch videos of them.
Mansell never seemed to have any spare cash and was usually in an old volvo. Don't know his family history but I dont think he was well off. He had a tidy job at Lucas, but could not take unlimited time off to race.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Jolle
Jolle

Men’s health updated their article after they admitted they misquoted Hamilton:

LH: I was the first working-class, black F1 champion. I’m proud to have paved the way for others.

Gettingonabit
Gettingonabit

Jolle wrote:
21 Jun 2020, 20:50
Men’s health updated their article after they admitted they misquoted Hamilton:

LH: I was the first working-class, black F1 champion. I’m proud to have paved the way for others.
Changes the picture a bit. :P

adrianjordan

Hasn't shut the haters up on Instagram though!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PlatinumZealot

I stand corrected on Kimi . His parents were really working class... I possibly mixed him up.

https://kimiraikkonenspace.com/biography/
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 01:04
Hasn't shut the haters up on Instagram though!!
Haterz gonna hate!

They have been well behaved so far though. Six championships didn't bother them too much. Maybe eight will be met with similar indolence?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Mansell89
Mansell89

https://mobile.twitter.com/LewisHamilto ... frame.html

Hamilton secretly attended the Black Lives Matter protest at Hyde Park this weekend.

Good on him in being true to the cause he is vocal in fighting for and ultimately that’s his call.

Without detracting from the message- can I ask a genuine question with regards to the Austrian GP- if the protest did not observe social distancing rules, should Hamilton need to isolate/quarantine for 14 days? Not a problem in terms of the race but it would affect his ability to practice and qualify?

e30ernest
e30ernest

I reckon they'd be tested anyway? If he tests negative during the event then I don't see the need to quarantine himself. I think the quarantine only applies after the test (where they are proven to be negative, so they should isolate and keep themselves clean).

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Mansell89 wrote:
22 Jun 2020, 08:14

Without detracting from the message- can I ask a genuine question with regards to the Austrian GP- if the protest did not observe social distancing rules, should Hamilton need to isolate/quarantine for 14 days? Not a problem in terms of the race but it would affect his ability to practice and qualify?
If he's tested, and I'm sure he will be, and he's found to be carrying the virus, then they'll have to isolate him I guess.

Lots of Max fans praying he tests positive... :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Moore77

Gangdom: Pom, Tom, Loverboy, Boomer.