2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I said last year that Pérez was not a good option for RB, but it's too early on the season still

godlameroso

TNTHead wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:03
godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 14:38
TNTHead wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:52

May be a bit premature, but
I hate to say but I fear next qualy and race will be disappointing, since the Mercs will still have quite the upper hand. I expect the Mercs have purposely trained with lower engine modes. Hopefully Max can get his sectors together for qually, then he has a chance but i estimate it at only 40%. I am already a bit sick of the narrative 'RB is the best and its theirs to loose.' Its the otherway around.
Sick of facts? The word 'but' is a negation, you can save yourself a lot of time by not using it. It also helps create a more positive tone in your writing.

Whenever I hear or read someone say something and then use 'but' at then end, everything before 'but' is essentially BS so I just skip it.
It isnt a fact that RB is faster than the Mercs as the qualy today proved. I was not trying offend anyone, only to ventilate my view of things.
Yeah buddy, .036 isn't a gap, it is an unsurmountable chasm. Over 66 laps Hamilton will trounce Verstappen to the tune of 2.6 seconds. Maybe Verstappen gains a bit at the pit stop(s)? Maybe he gets off the line nicely and leads into T1? Never know what's going to happen.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:06
godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:03
Redbull is .7 faster than Ferrari and Alpine, and McLaren. What are you on about? Did you not see the race sims on Friday? Perez was matching the Mercedes in race pace.
Max was, put two drivers named Gasly or Perez in the same car who both won race last year and they will be slower. So what gives.
About race sim. Let's see how Perez makes through these slower cars and get P4.
Is Perez team leader? They use his setup on Verstappen's car or vice versa?
Saishū kōnā

hasika

Not a perfect Saturday,but P2 is not bad.I am pretty sure that this year RB can fight for the Championship.
This is a track where Mercedes got all the last 8 year's pole position since 2013,its one of the strongest track for Mercedes we can say.
If RB can be so close here,then i think RB will have some advantage in other track,they will be very strong all the year.
So its still a acceptable result for me.

Zynerji

Yuki in the quali interview saying the Alpha Tauri cars are not equal... I might have to re-think my new found fandom...

Wouter

Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:41

Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him.
I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.
So you are saying that the Mercedes car is faster?
So when Max is only 0.036 sec behind Lewis in a slower car ---> Max is a better driver than Lewis this afternoon. :D
The Power of Dreams!

PlatinumZealot

Zynerji wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:18
Yuki in the quali interview saying the Alpha Tauri cars are not equal... I might have to re-think my new found fandom...
Lost in translation so much it's like a puzzle when I hear him speak. From the little i could gather, he felt the car balance was OK but he made a few mistakes. He reported the same balance as Gasly but Gasly is going much faster so he is wondering, in a rheotrical way, if the two cars are realy the same.

PS. I know that that English is VERY hard for Japanese to learn and the reciprocal is also true.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

etusch

I also think that he mean cars balance is not same as he drove p3. Otherwise what can be different? Same engine, same gb and carbon parts. It is normal to be behind against experienced team mate if you are not outstanding talent. It is good he doesn't accept to be beaten or being slow but it is bad if he blame car instead of trying to find what he has to improve with settings or with his drive

PlatinumZealot

etusch wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:13
I also think that he mean cars balance is not same as he drove p3. Otherwise what can be different? Same engine, same gb and carbon parts. It is normal to be behind against experienced team mate if you are not outstanding talent. It is good he doesn't accept to be beaten or being slow but it is bad if he blame car instead of trying to find what he has to improve with settings or with his drive
Yes. i cehcked again and you are right.

Yuki just needs to calm down. I dont really rate drivers who cannot control their emotions and yuki just needs that right now. Just to keep his head down. He needs to realise he has 23 races!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:53
McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:47
Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:41

Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him. I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.
Perez was never in Max territory in Fp3, Q1, Q2 and Q3.
I said previously that in quali he would struggle with Max's setup, his driving style is opposite. He should demand his setup. Perez is following the same trend as Gasly and Albon. The mistake is to use Max setup, ain't no way the car is marginally quicker than Alpha Tauri.
i am not sure why people thought perez is going to be any good on saturdays. he was never a great qualifier. he was comfortably beaten in qualifying by both hulk and ocon in their time together. he is at a place, where his tyre management in races is going to be useless as the top 3 checks out quite faster. unless he qualifies ahead of one mercedes and holds up that place through race, he isn't going to add any value.
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3141 ... qualifying

Sergio Perez has revealed pain in his left shoulder contributed to his poor qualifying result at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday.

"I didn't felt 100% with myself today," he said. "I had a bit of an issue with my shoulder through qualifying and was feeling bad all the way through it.

"I've spoken to the team and we reviewed everything and we should be back to 100% tomorrow."

Perez was not sure how he had sustained the injury but said the pain got worse during the session.

Asked if it contributed to his disappointing performance, he added: "It was just a bad day.

"I didn't get a good lap throughout the day. Q1 was looking alright but we just didn't make any progress after that.

"But I wasn't 100% so it was hard to get the best out of the car in qualifying."

"[It was] the toughest qualifying, not feeling 100% physically was a big limitation."
The Power of Dreams!

Jolle

hasika wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:12
Not a perfect Saturday,but P2 is not bad.I am pretty sure that this year RB can fight for the Championship.
This is a track where Mercedes got all the last 8 year's pole position since 2013,its one of the strongest track for Mercedes we can say.
If RB can be so close here,then i think RB will have some advantage in other track,they will be very strong all the year.
Fighting every weekend for the top spot is one thing, but we know that Mercedes and Hamilton have another trick up their sleeves: reliability.

godlameroso

PlatinumZealot wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:22
etusch wrote:
08 May 2021, 18:13
Yes. i cehcked again and you are right.

Yuki just needs to calm down. I dont really rate drivers who cannot control their emotions and yuki just needs that right now. Just to keep his head down. He needs to realise he has 23 races!
Can you blame him? He's eager to prove himself, and part of growing is controlling your demons. I think once he gets on top of that and the results start coming things will change for him. It's turning that page that's holding him back. As with all things he's his own worst enemy.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
08 May 2021, 19:25
MKlaus wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:53
McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:47

Perez was never in Max territory in Fp3, Q1, Q2 and Q3.
I said previously that in quali he would struggle with Max's setup, his driving style is opposite. He should demand his setup. Perez is following the same trend as Gasly and Albon. The mistake is to use Max setup, ain't no way the car is marginally quicker than Alpha Tauri.
i am not sure why people thought perez is going to be any good on saturdays. he was never a great qualifier. he was comfortably beaten in qualifying by both hulk and ocon in their time together. he is at a place, where his tyre management in races is going to be useless as the top 3 checks out quite faster. unless he qualifies ahead of one mercedes and holds up that place through race, he isn't going to add any value.
https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/3141 ... qualifying

Sergio Perez has revealed pain in his left shoulder contributed to his poor qualifying result at the Spanish Grand Prix on Saturday.

"I didn't felt 100% with myself today," he said. "I had a bit of an issue with my shoulder through qualifying and was feeling bad all the way through it.

"I've spoken to the team and we reviewed everything and we should be back to 100% tomorrow."

Perez was not sure how he had sustained the injury but said the pain got worse during the session.

Asked if it contributed to his disappointing performance, he added: "It was just a bad day.

"I didn't get a good lap throughout the day. Q1 was looking alright but we just didn't make any progress after that.

"But I wasn't 100% so it was hard to get the best out of the car in qualifying."

"[It was] the toughest qualifying, not feeling 100% physically was a big limitation."
Soreness can happen when you spend too much time in the simulator. Sometimes you become unconscious, you tense up, and keep that tension while you're focusing on setting lap times. Then you sleep wrong, and boom, you wake up with a soreness that goes from your neck to your shoulder. Unfortunately, even the best of us, take a few days to come back from that, it'll be better tomorrow for sure, but he won't be 100%
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Jolle wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:19
hasika wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:12
Fighting every weekend for the top spot is one thing, but we know that Mercedes and Hamilton have another trick up their sleeves: reliability.
Hmm, Verstappen's car has been faultless, aside from stuff he breaks on the bodywork, and a few niggles. There are still 3 engine updates, and although big changes are not permitted, reliability improvements are still allowed.
Saishū kōnā