2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 11:04
McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 06:45
Analyse all you want but if Max and Perez are behind Ferrari and Alpine after quali, the the race will be compromised, whatever tyres they use it won't make a difference.
What are you smoking? Behind Alpine? You clearly have a lot to learn still if you take this seriously a Friday
Do u want to buy? Perez lucky Norris didn't have a extra soft he wasted in Q1. He wont be a factor tomorrow as I have been trying to tell.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:15
Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 11:04
McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 06:45
Analyse all you want but if Max and Perez are behind Ferrari and Alpine after quali, the the race will be compromised, whatever tyres they use it won't make a difference.
What are you smoking? Behind Alpine? You clearly have a lot to learn still if you take this seriously a Friday
Do u want to buy? Perez lucky Norris didn't have a extra soft he wasted in Q1. He wont be a factor tomorrow as I have been trying to tell.
Yeah, and Max is also behind an Alpine, right?? You're still smoking grass. Don't act like you were trying to say something different now

max_speed

absolutely gutted today. i am counting on verstappen tomorrow. he should go all guns blazing hopefully race pace is there and red bull goes for undercut. also counting on sub 2 secone pitstop to win us race tomm

McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:18

Yeah, and Max is also behind an Alpine, right?? You're still smoking grass. Don't act like you were trying to say something different now
Was referring to second Redbull. Max is another level.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:29
Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:18

Was referring to second Redbull. Max is another level.
In your first post you said Max AND Pérez behind a Ferrari and Alpine, talking about the results of a Friday pace. Now that Pérez makes a mistake, and is unable to do a 2nd lap better because of the track being slow. You come here and try to come like you "saw it coming". You keep always trying to bother here with your nonsense comments...

Juzh

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:35
Now that Pérez makes a mistake, and is unable to do a 2nd lap better because of the track being slow.
Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him. I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.

Marti_EF3

Juzh wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:41
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Now that Pérez makes a mistake, and is unable to do a 2nd lap better because of the track being slow.
Yeah 9 tenths is exaggerated simply down to having no banker lap makes you more cautious on your final one, but Perez was 0.75s behind in Q2 as well. Verstappen completely mopped the floor with him. I think this car is in reality not that close to mercedes as how Verstappen makes it look like.
Or maybe Max driving style is unique in it's own and no one is able to replicate it. And the RB16 is made for his style, no one else.

McMika98

Juzh wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Perez was never in Max territory in Fp3, Q1, Q2 and Q3.
I said previously that in quali he would struggle with Max's setup, his driving style is opposite. He should demand his setup. Perez is following the same trend as Gasly and Albon. The mistake is to use Max setup, ain't no way the car is marginally quicker than Alpha Tauri.

max_speed

Marti_EF3 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:44
Juzh wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Or maybe Max driving style is unique in it's own and no one is able to replicate it. And the RB16 is made for his style, no one else.
looks like Helmut Marko will put himself in 2nd race seat and replace Perez by mid season. i think only Marko can give Verstappen little fight in that redbull :)

MKlaus

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:47
Juzh wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Perez was never in Max territory in Fp3, Q1, Q2 and Q3.
I said previously that in quali he would struggle with Max's setup, his driving style is opposite. He should demand his setup. Perez is following the same trend as Gasly and Albon. The mistake is to use Max setup, ain't no way the car is marginally quicker than Alpha Tauri.
i am not sure why people thought perez is going to be any good on saturdays. he was never a great qualifier. he was comfortably beaten in qualifying by both hulk and ocon in their time together. he is at a place, where his tyre management in races is going to be useless as the top 3 checks out quite faster. unless he qualifies ahead of one mercedes and holds up that place through race, he isn't going to add any value.

McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
In your first post you said Max AND Pérez behind a Ferrari and Alpine, talking about the results of a Friday pace. Now that Pérez makes a mistake, and is unable to do a 2nd lap better because of the track being slow. You come here and try to come like you "saw it coming". You keep always trying to bother here with your nonsense comments...
Face it second Redbull was slower than both Ferrari and Alpine. Perez won a race last year and is a seasoned driver but somehow was slower than these cars. He didnt make a mistake in his final run so either he is a poor driver or the car is slower than Ferrari and Alpine and only in Maxs hands they are fast.

godlameroso

Juzh wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
I think it's the same as any other year. Most drivers with cars that are mostly understeer balance use the throttle to help rotate the car. The RB16B doesn't have understeer balance, and you can't use the throttle to help rotate the car because the balance is different. That's just from a dynamics point of view, then there's the settings and how you use them on each corner, and over a lap. Luckily for Perez the race pace is there, or thereabouts. Sunday has always been Perez's strong suit anyway, so I don't see why he can't finish 4th.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
08 May 2021, 16:54
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Face it second Redbull was slower than both Ferrari and Alpine. Perez won a race last year and is a seasoned driver but somehow was slower than these cars. He didnt make a mistake in his final run so either he is a poor driver or the car is slower than Ferrari and Alpine and only in Maxs hands they are fast.
Redbull is .7 faster than Ferrari and Alpine, and McLaren. What are you on about? Did you not see the race sims on Friday? Perez was matching the Mercedes in race pace.
Saishū kōnā

TNTHead

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 14:38
TNTHead wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:52
godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 13:07
I hate to say I told you so.
May be a bit premature, but
I hate to say but I fear next qualy and race will be disappointing, since the Mercs will still have quite the upper hand. I expect the Mercs have purposely trained with lower engine modes. Hopefully Max can get his sectors together for qually, then he has a chance but i estimate it at only 40%. I am already a bit sick of the narrative 'RB is the best and its theirs to loose.' Its the otherway around.
Sick of facts? The word 'but' is a negation, you can save yourself a lot of time by not using it. It also helps create a more positive tone in your writing.

Whenever I hear or read someone say something and then use 'but' at then end, everything before 'but' is essentially BS so I just skip it.
It isnt a fact that RB is faster than the Mercs as the qualy today proved. I was not trying offend anyone, only to ventilate my view of things.

McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
08 May 2021, 17:03
Redbull is .7 faster than Ferrari and Alpine, and McLaren. What are you on about? Did you not see the race sims on Friday? Perez was matching the Mercedes in race pace.
Max was, put two drivers named Gasly or Perez in the same car who both won race last year and they will be slower. So what gives.
About race sim. Let's see how Perez makes through these slower cars and get P4.