Engineering Student Resources

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
zenvision

Re: Engineering Student Resources

If you're still intereste in buying a car related book, try Vehicle and Engine Technology by Heinz Heisler. No equations in it or stuff like that, but is a very good book as an entry level.
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build good engines" Enzo Ferrari

mach11

Hi all,

Is it possible to get the ADAMS software for suspension analysis... the link i use gives me an error....

Also the tutorial links will also be useful...

Thanks in advance...
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

scotty86

This is an excellent thread, thank you very much. =D>

RenaultMC100

I am 14 years old, live in Ireland and have an interest in F1. I don't want to be obnoxious but I score very well in school and I have a particular interest in Maths and Science. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me what it takes to become an F1 engineer. It would be great if you could tell me what courses and universities would be the best, should I start getting experience with cars soon, etc. Thanks.

Caito

RenaultMC100 wrote:I am 14 years old, live in Ireland and have an interest in F1. I don't want to be obnoxious but I score very well in school and I have a particular interest in Maths and Science. I was wondering if someone could help me by telling me what it takes to become an F1 engineer. It would be great if you could tell me what courses and universities would be the best, should I start getting experience with cars soon, etc. Thanks.
Using the search function would get you there(to the post with the answer to your question)
Come back 747, we miss you!!

mach11

hi all,

I am in urgent need for the following e-books (pfd format will be advisable)

1. 2 wheeler servicing - a general book
2. Automotive mechanics - William Crouse,Donald Anglin

Thanks in advance
"Be the change that you wish to see most in your world" -- Mahatma Gandhi

sleighty

hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knew of a good book or online resource for thermodynamics and solid mechanics (bending stresses, torsion, moments etc)?

Basically my physics/mathematical knowledge is quite poor in these areas and im trying to get myself fully up to speed on it over the summer. A book with a good description of different sections and preferably a workbook/questions section so that I can practice what i have learnt.

Any suggestions are appreciated, just trying to sort out my weak areas

thanks

tathan

For mechanics I used 'Mechanics of Materials' by E J Hearn. Is quite dry but covered everything (and more) I needed, plus I got it 2nd hand off Amazon for about £3

firavia

Fluid dynamics library

Documents, E-books and research papers in Fluid mechanics (Plumbing, Hvac, Fire fighting and steam networking + thermal engineering documents all in our library for cheap prices starting from 3 pounds (GBP) :
http://www.firavia.com/mecheng.html
http://www.firavia.com/heat.html

lewislove

StudyLink Guides & Resources

Engineering
UK Study

R19St

Engineering Student Resources

Well I am a TSTC student and I think I can use it. I have to check with my school tomorrow.
1fatp8uh3k5159596

alexcharles

thanks guys very rich information =D> =D>

bob.rb1

My website on Vehicle Dynamics of Race Cars:

http://racingcardynamics.com/

I think it can be a good resource for those of you interested on the subject. :D

Vyssion
Moderator / Writer

I made a post within the F1 aero forum which contained a link to my Scribd account containing over 150 papers and books devoted to mostly aerodynamics and the like. There are also some general vehicle dynamics, electrical and mechanical sources too. Take a look at the Devoted Thread to see all the updates, else shoot over to my account directly by clicking the link in my signature. Hopefully it helps you all out!!
"And here you will stay, Gandalf the Grey, and rest from journeys. For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman the Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!"

#aerosaruman

"No Bubble, no BoP, no Avenging Crusader.... HERE COMES THE INCARNATION"!!"