2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by strad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm

I guess I don't get it.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

Sevach
743
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by Sevach » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:57 pm

strad wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:33 pm
I guess I don't get it.
It's only slightly exaggerated, that thing is huge going against other GTs.

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by strad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm

But what is the point ?
Is it some anti U.S. statement?
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

roon
316
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:04 pm

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by roon » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:28 pm

It's a joke about how big the bimmer coupes look next to the other GTs.

Image

Image

Morteza
1261
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by Morteza » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:28 pm

roon wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:28 pm
It's a joke about how big the bimmer coupes look next to the other GTs.

https://static1.i4u.com/sites/default/f ... m8-gte.jpg

http://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploa ... lts-04.jpg
Thank you for these. I never thought they were this big :wtf:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

strad
255
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 12:57 am

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by strad » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Ah I didn't think they were that much bigger and I guess I'm over sensitive because the OP had them posed with Ford GTs.
Thanks for the clarification.
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

Cold Fussion
133
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 am

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by Cold Fussion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:07 am

strad wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm
But what is the point ?
Is it some anti U.S. statement?
How could this an anti US statement?

JonoNic
9
User avatar
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by JonoNic » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 am

Cold Fussion wrote:
strad wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm
But what is the point ?
Is it some anti U.S. statement?
How could this an anti US statement?
I guess he is referring to the bigger is better mantra that the US push when it comes to most vehicle related things in the that country.
Always find the gap then use it.

Cold Fussion
133
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:51 am

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by Cold Fussion » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:51 am

JonoNic wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:40 am
Cold Fussion wrote:
strad wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:08 pm
But what is the point ?
Is it some anti U.S. statement?
How could this an anti US statement?
I guess he is referring to the bigger is better mantra that the US push when it comes to most vehicle related things in the that country.
But BMW is German.

Sevach
743
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: 2018 Le Mans 24 hours

Post by Sevach » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:28 am

Watching Le Mans when any car got into the slipstream of a Bimmer it absolutely dissapeared :lol: