Ferrari brake duct\wheel fairings (silverstone)

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
FLC
FLC

That's not a personal attack, by no means. I respect manchild a lot and he has helped me greatly before, he knows it. We're just talking. If any member of this forum thought of it as an attack I apologise.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

It is very nice that you have given us the rules with your own interpertation, MC, but some of them, if not all of them, are clearly not right, not to say manipulated.
I think you have your own F1 series with your own set of rules.
And you are more than right. "Regulations or not" ban anything that isn't to your liking . Yes, that's very smart. This will surely bring some order into F1. Like you even said anything when Alonso left the pits like he did in Germany. That was also dangerous, but not against the rules. Did you preach here to ban something? Did you preach for this when DC almost cut off Wurz's head with the floor? Did you say we should ban all sharp floor edges? Make them round? Or do you only preach when it is Ferrari?
Manchild,
I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you're trying to do. You didn't preach for nothing in that quote. You didn't ask to ban anything, didn't ask to change it or anything else in that direction. All you did was to describe what would happen "if". So I don't buy it.
There's always room for improvements, but I think your reaction to Ferrari's wheels is way over the line, and motivated by other reasons than pure safety reasons.
And this is from a guy who says he is devoted to safety. Give me a break.

manchild
manchild

Hey guys, no problem. I didn't find that to be insulting. We're just bitching a bit on this thread, nothing personal. :wink:

modbaraban
modbaraban

just a good pic.

bar555
bar555

Soon (maybe tomorow) i will post at the Photo comparison between F2007-248F1 the front wheel rim sheild development for F2007 . For those who did not notice , i have already posted the Rear wheel rim sheild development for F2007 in 2007

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

A quick question, is the position of the "slit" in the front rim-cover influenced by the positioning of the brake caliper? Or is the "slit/opening" there for obvious reasons, facing the rear of the car (rear flowing) and somewhat downward facing?

Gracias
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

I am going to guess it is influenced by brake caliper, as the flow from the center of the brake disc (through the hub/upright), through the ventilation holes and exits radially outward. , the position of the caliper probably prohibits that flow more than any other part of the disc, thus maybe causes a pressure build-up around that area and makes it an ideal place to locate an exit for the ducting.....

Which would probably explain why each team who has tried this front fairing runs a slightly different location for this slit...since their caliper sits differently...

modbaraban
modbaraban

Re: Ferrari brake duct\wheel fairings (silverstone)

mini696

Re: Ferrari brake duct\wheel fairings (silverstone)

At least McLarens and more so BMS's face in a way that makes them act more like a duct than the others.
Supporting:
Mark "It happens" Webber
McLaren