2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Gillian wrote:
11 Sep 2021, 19:48
Yeah start will be crucial for sure, but I think both McLarens will start on mediums like Verstappen and they will be just that bit slower on high fuel...

What I said in the race thread about it:
Not sure if the McLarens are starting on soft tomorrow and if not that will weaken their start in comparison to today. Also on heavy fuel I think the gap between the McLaren and Red Bull is a little bigger. So if Verstappen has a good start like today I don't really see Riciardo trying anything.

Also the points made about Verstappen and Hamilton having a lot to loose and the McLaren boys not... I think Riciardo will find it more valuable to keep Norris behind and bag a podium than to risk it all on a divebomb into turn 1. I am not seeing that happen unless Verstappen has an abysmal start (but then be would just cruise by).
So will be very interesting tomorrow!
I think Ricci also prefer Verstappen over Ham . He could be more aggressive at todays sprint race but he took it easy and this caused Gasly's position. Realistically he will aim 3d. because there will be pit stops and they can not hold Verstappen or ham at back. So aiming 3d by finishing ahead of Norris is very good result for Ricci. But I suspect that McLaren prefer Norris over Ricci and will do their strategy for a Norris podium not for Ricci

101FlyingDutchman
101FlyingDutchman

etusch wrote:
11 Sep 2021, 21:40
Gillian wrote:
Yeah start will be crucial for sure, but I think both McLarens will start on mediums like Verstappen and they will be just that bit slower on high fuel...

What I said in the race thread about it:
Not sure if the McLarens are starting on soft tomorrow and if not that will weaken their start in comparison to today. Also on heavy fuel I think the gap between the McLaren and Red Bull is a little bigger. So if Verstappen has a good start like today I don't really see Riciardo trying anything.

Also the points made about Verstappen and Hamilton having a lot to loose and the McLaren boys not... I think Riciardo will find it more valuable to keep Norris behind and bag a podium than to risk it all on a divebomb into turn 1. I am not seeing that happen unless Verstappen has an abysmal start (but then be would just cruise by).
I think Ricci also prefer Verstappen over Ham . He could be more aggressive at todays sprint race but he took it easy and this caused Gasly's position. Realistically he will aim 3d. because there will be pit stops and they can not hold Verstappen or ham at back. So aiming 3d by finishing ahead of Norris is very good result for Ricci. But I suspect that McLaren prefer Norris over Ricci and will do their strategy for a Norris podium not for Ricci
There won’t be any such team order from McLaren unless it’s abundantly clear the total team effort is getting severely compromised

Wouter

Monza Post Sprint Race Press Conference

The Power of Dreams!

Ryar

Nice image. :)

Hakuna Matata!

darkpino
darkpino

Nice! Where did you get it from?

Ryar

darkpino wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 08:24
Nice! Where did you get it from?
https://enstock3o.top/products.aspx?cna ... eam+reddit
Hakuna Matata!

Sieper

Albon and Max.

Gillian
Gillian

etusch wrote:
Gillian wrote:
That crossed my mind too, but I don't think (hope) that matters once the race starts.
etusch wrote:
Gillian wrote:
I think McLaren will prefer a double podium finish, no matter which order.

etusch

Race will tell the truth

Wouter

Well, Max is starting from pole, Ricciaro 2nd and Lando 3th. Exciting start with this first corner!

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Perez needs to bide his time, he's just going to burn up his tires.
Saishū kōnā

Ryar

It pains to see that, in such circumstances Perez isn't there to take advantage and win it for the team. He did just once in Baku, but it needs to be more often. He should certainly put some work to move up quali. He should also let it go when he cuts a corner and gains advantage. Today it cost atleast one more place and gave one place to Bottas.
Hakuna Matata!

isullivan
isullivan

Do you think that pitstop was slow because of the new regulations, was the wheel on but the gun was showing error ?

Mr.S
Mr.S

Perez has been a total dud because of his qualifying issues. He is so slow that he always have to crazy recovery drives, huge overtakes which increases risk of car damage, penalties & isn't good for tyre management.

Unless Perez improves qualifying & gets within 2-3 tenths of Max on a regular basis, RB will not win the Constructors again even if Max wins the WDC especially with Mercedes having Russel-Hamilton, Mclaren having Ricciardo-Norris & Ferrari having Leclerc-Sainz. RB have the weakest 2nd driver by far among top teams !

Ryar

isullivan wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 17:13
Do you think that pitstop was slow because of the new regulations, was the wheel on but the gun was showing error ?
It was told on Sky that, the problem caused today was due to manual intervention now needed to signal the tyre change from each of the crews, which up until a few races back, was sensor based. So, one can say, the recent FIA TD, induced this mess.
Hakuna Matata!