2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

Pany wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 08:02
Ocon is not a fair and correct driver at all. Is very quixk like grosjean and prone to crasheswith other cars. He has little future, since does not change mind.
diffuser wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 04:12
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 03:47
When Ocon banged wheel with Alonso on lap 1 it seemed to have fired up Alonso to do the next two overtakes on the outside of turn 3.
Yeah he kind of tried to drive Alonzo off the track, Alonzo was on the dirt. Not very nice of Ocon.

I can't say I've seen that when Ocon's partnered with either Danny Ric on Alonzo. He did do that with Perez though. That did look like shades of Ocon/Perez Light circa 2017.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Pany wrote:
Ocon is not a fair and correct driver at all. Is very quixk like grosjean and prone to crasheswith other cars. He has little future, since does not change mind.
diffuser wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
06 Sep 2021, 03:47
When Ocon banged wheel with Alonso on lap 1 it seemed to have fired up Alonso to do the next two overtakes on the outside of turn 3.
Yeah he kind of tried to drive Alonzo off the track, Alonzo was on the dirt. Not very nice of Ocon.
LOL, Grosjean stayed a long, long time and you think Ocon won't?
Ocon is still fast AF, and is a race winner - unlike Grosjean, just to name one.

He has a contract with Alpine and likely will stay there for a while. His only 'threat' would be Gasly.
That said, both Ocon or Gasly have the potential i dare say in a few years time to move to Ferrari perhaps alongside Schumacher IF he actually delivers, which remains to be seen.

Another possibility is that Alonso will move to Aston Martin alongside Vettel, which would be a meteoric combo - or to be paired to Russell in the future. Hell, he might even end up @ RedBull if they get different engines.

This would further keep Ocon aboard @ Alpine, perhaps even making a fully french line-up.

Like it or not, Ocon is going to stay for a while to come and then he'll be experienced enough to matter and merit a stay.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 21:03
Pany wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Ocon is still fast AF, and is a race winner - unlike Grosjean, just to name one.

He has a contract with Alpine and likely will stay there for a while. His only 'threat' would be Gasly.
That said, both Ocon or Gasly have the potential i dare say in a few years time to move to Ferrari perhaps alongside Schumacher IF he actually delivers, which remains to be seen.

Another possibility is that Alonso will move to Aston Martin alongside Vettel, which would be a meteoric combo - or to be paired to Russell in the future. Hell, he might even end up @ RedBull if they get different engines.

This would further keep Ocon aboard @ Alpine, perhaps even making a fully french line-up.

Like it or not, Ocon is going to stay for a while to come and then he'll be experienced enough to matter and merit a stay.
One never knows. These contracts often turn out not to be what they were when they were announced.

I think as long as he doing well enough, they will keep him. He'll have a long leash but not one as long as Stroll's.

Pany
Pany

Alpine have great expectation for the future long term. In my opinion can not fullfill them with Ocon . And with Alonso also, will be too old..next year is last chance for him.
Manoah2u wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 21:03
Pany wrote:
diffuser wrote:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Pany wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 22:18
Alpine have great expectation for the future long term. In my opinion can not fullfill them with Ocon . And with Alonso also, will be too old..next year is last chance for him. [quote=Manoah2u post_id=998579 time=1631041434
LOL, Alonso will be in F1 for atleast 3 years more to come. At the least, perhaps even more.
He's in great shape and doing pretty fine, especially with what he has. I'd say he's in a much better athletic and driver form than he was in his 'latter' Mclaren days.

Morpheus imho has a variety of options to choose from - but most importantly he will want to win again.
No way that he's in F1 again just to be in the midfield to then walk out again.
2022 will be interesting to see, as it might even give Alpine (Enstone) a chance for a win again.
Pretty soon in the 2022 season we will see how the pecking order likely is to evolve, and if wins are not
able with Alpine, then surely Alonso will look for other options. He has the speed, expertise, drive and name to do so.

If Hamilton calls it quits, he has surely will have the option to be seriously concidered by the team.
If Vettel goes to Mercedes to replace Hamilton instead, he surely will be under concideration by the Aston Martin team.

Two teams that - if Alpine doesn't - is likely to have a chance for wins. Aston Martin particularly will be interesting.
And again, it's not out of the realm that he replaces Stroll and be partnered to Vettel.

Apart from that, there's also the RedBull route: though it's likely that thanks to the sour antics that developed with Honda, the reality is that Honda 'officially' is out of F1 next year. It's a big question mark what the branding will be.
But it's not out of the realm of possibilities to see Alonso go to RedBull partnered to Verstappen. If Alonso praises the Honda engine, i'm pretty sure that things will be all happiness again and he can drive @ Indy for a Honda powered car.

I would say Alonso has options for 2023:

1. Stay with Alpine.
2. go to RedBull.
3. go to Aston Martin.
4. go to Mercedes.

Either way, i think he's doing fine @ Alpine and i think his preferred choice right now is to stay there.
And if Alpine develops a good car, and Renault provides a powerfull engine, then wins are possible - and then Alonso doesn't really need to go elsewhere i'd say.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 23:02
Pany wrote:
Alpine have great expectation for the future long term. In my opinion can not fullfill them with Ocon . And with Alonso also, will be too old..next year is last chance for him. [quote=Manoah2u post_id=998579 time=1631041434
LOL, Alonso will be in F1 for atleast 3 years more to come. At the least, perhaps even more.
He's in great shape and doing pretty fine, especially with what he has. I'd say he's in a much better athletic and driver form than he was in his 'latter' Mclaren days.

Morpheus imho has a variety of options to choose from - but most importantly he will want to win again.
2022 will be interesting to see, as it might even give Alpine (Enstone) a chance for a win again.
Pretty soon in the 2022 season we will see how the pecking order likely is to evolve, and if wins are not
able with Alpine, then surely Alonso will look for other options. He has the speed, expertise, drive and name to do so.

If Hamilton calls it quits, he has surely will have the option to be seriously concidered by the team.
If Vettel goes to Mercedes to replace Hamilton instead, he surely will be under concideration by the Aston Martin team.

Two teams that - if Alpine doesn't - is likely to have a chance for wins. Aston Martin particularly will be interesting.
And again, it's not out of the realm that he replaces Stroll and be partnered to Vettel.

Apart from that, there's also the RedBull route: though it's likely that thanks to the sour antics that developed with Honda, the reality is that Honda 'officially' is out of F1 next year. It's a big question mark what the branding will be.
But it's not out of the realm of possibilities to see Alonso go to RedBull partnered to Verstappen. If Alonso praises the Honda engine, i'm pretty sure that things will be all happiness again and he can drive @ Indy for a Honda powered car.

1. Stay with Alpine.
2. go to RedBull.
3. go to Aston Martin.
4. go to Mercedes.

Either way, i think he's doing fine @ Alpine and i think his preferred choice right now is to stay there.
And if Alpine develops a good car, and Renault provides a powerfull engine, then wins are possible - and then Alonso doesn't really need to go elsewhere i'd say.
You could also add a #5... 2022 Surprise contender like Williams that would need to make the next step in 2023 with a driver like Alonso.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

#6 Why not Ferrari....

peewon

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Sep 2021, 23:02
Pany wrote:

1. Stay with Alpine.
2. go to RedBull.
3. go to Aston Martin.
4. go to Mercedes.

I would be shocked if Mercedes would ever happen again. Of all parties involved, the most lingering bitterness about 2007 seems to come from Daimler.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

It's a good point indeed, but then again, i'd say a combo Hamilton-Alonso reminds too much of that incident, whereas Alonso replacing Hamilton at a team that isn't Mclaren is a different story all together especially if Alonso gets that car P1 and perhaps even fight for a WDC and WCC.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
08 Sep 2021, 10:23
#6 Why not Ferrari....
cause they already have 2 good drivers.

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/58457766

Formula 1: Fernando Alonso still targeting third title

By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer

max_speed
max_speed

expecting P7 for Alonso/Alpine today. anything above that will be a surprise/bonus

Pany
Pany

Difficoult. There is also perez in the battle and the two astonmartin will fight. P8 is mximum alonso can take, un less there is retirements in front

diffuser

The closest team in the constructors behind us have both cars starting from the pit lane, if they start at all.

We haven't started yet and it's good news!

Michelangelo
Michelangelo

A silent race for both Alpines but it was nice to gain some points over Alpha Tauri.