2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
El Scorchio

Re: 2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

ispano6 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:45
I'm curious of the genesis of Max's 11s pitstop. Was it human error as according to Horner or was the front right wheel changed properly but hadn't triggered the sensor indicating the wheel was secured? Was the front lowered too quick after the wheel was fastened and needed to be re-fastened?
They (Horner) said the guy on the front right wheel gun forgot to press his button to tell the release system the tyre was safely on. This was the action which was previously automated to release the car and which the FIA stopped.

dans79

Zynerji wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:20
LaplacesDemon wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:23
Zynerji wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:14
Roughly, Force = Weight x Speed.
Let's take a moment to send our thoughts and prayers to those of us who fail at kindergarden physics.
Please correct it with an unrough update then, first grade superstar.
F = M * A

Force = Mass * acceleration
197 104 103 7

ringo

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:27

I think the penalty was as much a warning for this continuing attitude when wheel to wheel with Hamilton (and others) in the past, and for the sake of the rest of the season as it was just for the incident today. It’s clear he’d rather have an accident than just accept the other guy is going or has gone past him and let it happen. It cannot continue like this, and I’m sure part of this penalty being awarded is as a warning/deterrent to say that there’s harsher punishment to come if he carries on with this sort of behaviour.
I think F1 really would like to see a new champion and the majority has been in support of him, even showing bias and leniency to ensure that he is at the least disadvantage in terms of points deficit and penalties. The pundits, Ross Brawn, and the other drivers want to see a new champion and Max has the best chance. The penalty was a slap on the wrist but came at the right time.

The real test of patience will come if because of grid penalties he ends up behind Perez after lap one. We shall see how he responds (If the team doesn't put Perez on another strategy to avoid them racing each other).
For Sure!!

Stormblessed
Stormblessed

ringo wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:46
The driving has not be good in this championship fight.
The vettel vs Hamilton was cleaner. Even Alonso vs Hamilton. Kimi/Massa vs Hamilton.
Higher quality driving from these men.
Webber vs Hamilton aslo really good dueling.
I really dont know what's going on these days with the sim racing tank slapper driving.

Whenever Max has superior pace he drives well. He is a good time attack driver.
When the cars get more equal... the red mist rises.
I really hope we get some clean racing in the upcoming races.
I think the message is clear that he will simply not allow anyone to race him on equal terms. And this goes for all 19 cars on the grid.
So it's best for Mercedes and others to simply strategize on avoiding Max on track.
I ok with racing in the pits.
Totally agree. If not for Hamilton backing off in Spain or Imola, there might have been even more crashes. But when Max is in that position, he won’t back off to fight another day. It’s a do or die situation with him.

He is an exciting racer in the next generation, but he has to be fair towards others too. Given that all these drivers are a bit narcissistic, doubt anything will change. Too bad since we as fans would miss out on so many exciting battles because of this. Hope this championship - we all have been waiting for in decades - is not decided in the stewards room!

Ryar

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:27
I think the penalty was as much a warning for this continuing attitude when wheel to wheel with Hamilton (and others) in the past, and for the sake of the rest of the season as it was just for the incident today. It’s clear he’d rather have an accident than just accept the other guy is going or has gone past him and let it happen. It cannot continue like this, and I’m sure part of this penalty being awarded is as a warning/deterrent to say that there’s harsher punishment to come if he carries on with this sort of behaviour.
Same can be said of Lewis' penalty in Silverstone.
Hakuna Matata!

cplchanb
cplchanb

Edax wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 00:40
This is what racing used to be like. This is what got me hooked.

Now today it would have probably led to 50 grid places penalty and a zillion license points for divebombing, crowding someone of the track, wheel banging, overtaking outside the track limits etc. Stewards would have been busy for a month to sort this out.

As said before I agree with a penalty for Ves, simply because he lost control and they crashed. But all this talk about he shouldn’t have tried and he is too aggressive…

Starting point point should be that you let them race, be aggressive, enjoy when it goes right and accept that sometimes it it goes wrong.

Otherwise what is the point of F1?
even as recent as 2007 with massa and kubica in fuji did we see this type of battling allowed.

cirrusflyer

NathanOlder wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:24
DChemTech wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:18
Alright. So, some observations

- At Silverstone, Team Hamilton was complaining that there were some Verstappen fans arguing in favor of a race ban. This time, some in Team Hamilton are arguing for a race ban.
- At Silverstone, Team Hamilton was saying Max should have left room. Now, Lewis didn't need to leave any room.
- Team Hamilton complains that Verstappen says "yield or we will crash" - the same attitude that Hamilton showed at Silverstone.

If there's any symmetry here, it's between camps...
This was a racing incident with Max to blame. Silverstone was a racing incident with Lewis to blame. That time Lewis was lucky, this time neither is.
Ihave a tiny tiny feeling that its only happening because of what happened at Silverstone. Bit of a wind up retaliation.
You mean like pointing out to Max's camp how silly all those numeros comments after Silverstone were??

They race and we F1 "lovers" love that, they collide and we dont like that! No matter who!

All those pages in race thread become hard to read after.
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

DChemTech
DChemTech

Starkblood80 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 22:35
DChemTech wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 22:09
Starkblood80 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 21:57

Verstappen just needs to learn how to race wheel to wheel and when to look further forward than the corner he’s driving around and concede the position.
Can you please stop with the whole Verstappen is to blame for everything and anything and Hamilton is a flawless demigod narrative? Two drivers are racing hard this season and both have been making mistakes. Today it was mostly Max, in other cases it was not. Putting the 'problem' as solely being due to Verstappen again and again does not due justice to what has been happening, nor does it improve the atmosphere of this forum.
Where did I say Hamilton was a demigod? Sure he’s made mistakes this season, the sprint race on Saturday being the most recent one but you cannot deny that any close racing with Verstappen inevitably leads to contact or the other driver having to concede the position wether they should or not.
The point is that you are implying that the contact is always Max' fault, by staying that 'whenever max and lewis come together it's because Max can't close race'. It isn't. And its not just you doing this, it's many - so my comment was more meant as a general statement.

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

DChemTech wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:38
Starkblood80 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 22:09

Can you please stop with the whole Verstappen is to blame for everything and anything and Hamilton is a flawless demigod narrative? Two drivers are racing hard this season and both have been making mistakes. Today it was mostly Max, in other cases it was not. Putting the 'problem' as solely being due to Verstappen again and again does not due justice to what has been happening, nor does it improve the atmosphere of this forum.
Where did I say Hamilton was a demigod? Sure he’s made mistakes this season, the sprint race on Saturday being the most recent one but you cannot deny that any close racing with Verstappen inevitably leads to contact or the other driver having to concede the position wether they should or not.
The point is that you are implying that the contact is always Max' fault, by staying that 'whenever max and lewis come together it's because Max can't close race'. It isn't. And its not just you doing this, it's many - so my comment was more meant as a general statement.
I didn’t even mention Lewis in my first comment, Verstappen has always had an issue with close racing, not just this season.

Viper2789
Viper2789

Artur Craft wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:42
nzjrs wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 16:45
Looks like a racing incident like Silverstone and both again making a point of not conceding in decisive situations.
Silverstone, a racing incident? :lol:

That was one of the cheekiest, dirtiest, most malicious manoeuvres that I ever saw in F1. Max gave plenty of room for him on the inside but LH still ran his front wheel into Max rear wheel.

Lewis Cheaterton should have received a race ban for that, at the very least.

It´s a miracle that Verstappen is leading this championship. Not only Cheaterton have a considerable car advantadge(average Bottas is always up there while the good driver that is Perez is struggling) and his usual unreal luck(Imola, Baku, the lack of punishment in Bahrain) but he(and his Mootley, on Hungary) is also, sadly , resorting to dodgy actions, in order to be able to keep up with Max

I laughed really hard listeaning to Button say Perez got knocked out on Zandvoort Q1 despite having the fastest car. #-o Then, Crofty completed the patriotic nonsense by saying Hamilton and Verstappen are the quickest drivers on the grid. :lol: Cheaterton is nowhere near Max, Leclerc, Sainz.... and others´speedwise. Russel will show him up way more than Rosberg did and I´m looking forward to that.
Mate, you're emotions are clear out of control here. Go calm down.

Unbelievable a fully grown adult has typed that out.

Ryar

Starkblood80 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 07:57
DChemTech wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

I didn’t even mention Lewis in my first comment, Verstappen has always had an issue with close racing, not just this season.
2011 is etched in history as the best season of close racing. Massa can vouch for it.
Hakuna Matata!

DChemTech
DChemTech

Starkblood80 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

And there you go, by doing so you implicitly state that whenever there is an incident involving Max, it's because of him, erasing any influence the other driver might have had. And that while he has not been the main instigator of all clashes he' been involved in this season.

Pany
Pany

You coluld not explain better reality
Artur Craft wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 05:42
nzjrs wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 16:45
Looks like a racing incident like Silverstone and both again making a point of not conceding in decisive situations.
Silverstone, a racing incident? :lol:

That was one of the cheekiest, dirtiest, most malicious manoeuvres that I ever saw in F1. Max gave plenty of room for him on the inside but LH still ran his front wheel into Max rear wheel.

Lewis Cheaterton should have received a race ban for that, at the very least.

It´s a miracle that Verstappen is leading this championship. Not only Cheaterton have a considerable car advantadge(average Bottas is always up there while the good driver that is Perez is struggling) and his usual unreal luck(Imola, Baku, the lack of punishment in Bahrain) but he(and his Mootley, on Hungary) is also, sadly , resorting to dodgy actions, in order to be able to keep up with Max

I laughed really hard listeaning to Button say Perez got knocked out on Zandvoort Q1 despite having the fastest car. #-o Then, Crofty completed the patriotic nonsense by saying Hamilton and Verstappen are the quickest drivers on the grid. :lol: Cheaterton is nowhere near Max, Leclerc, Sainz.... and others´speedwise. Russel will show him up way more than Rosberg did and I´m looking forward to that.

Starkblood80
Starkblood80

DChemTech wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 08:05
Starkblood80 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

And there you go, by doing so you implicitly state that whenever there is an incident involving Max, it's because of him, erasing any influence the other driver might have had. And that while he has not been the main instigator of all clashes he' been involved in this season.
Let’s face it though, his driving has had a major contribution to the incidents involving him regardless of him being the “instigator” or not.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Starkblood80 wrote:
DChemTech wrote:
Starkblood80 wrote:

Sorry to say that Max is not good in wheel to wheel race. He always believe that other driver should lift off.

give me a single example where Max lift off with his rivals?

With this attitude, who will take him once RB kick him out?

Now I am afraid that max will retire soon from F1 if RB find another hot young talent. You cannot stick to a team for entire career in F1.

Next Vettel is coming out from RB... This time with no title.