2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

Russia
Turkey
USA
Mexico
Brazil
TBC?
Saudi Arabia
Abu Dhabi

Any ideas which tracks might suit us? I've heard Saudi Arabia might be fast/flowing one that could suit our car. We need to get Lando and Seidl on the top step of the podium :).

bauc

FittingMechanics wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 12:59
Russia - good for us
Turkey- good for us
USA -good for us
Mexico - mix
Brazil - mix towards bad for us
TBC?
Saudi Arabia uknown
Abu Dhabi good for us

This is my take
To sum it all up, Long straights, fast corners and hard braking zones swing into our car characteristics
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Xero

bauc wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:04
FittingMechanics wrote:
Russia - good for us
Turkey- good for us
USA -good for us
Mexico - mix
TBC?
Saudi Arabia uknown
Abu Dhabi good for us

This is my take
To sum it all up, Long straights, fast corners and hard braking zones swing into our car characteristics
I don't think Brazil will be too bad for us, ran very well there in 2019. There's a couple of slow corners that expose the cars weakness, but the rest is a mix of power/braking with medium-high levels of downforce. I think it will be good.

FittingMechanics

bauc wrote:
Russia - good for us
Turkey- good for us
USA -good for us
Mexico - mix
TBC?
Saudi Arabia uknown
Abu Dhabi good for us

This is my take
So you are saying there's a chance? :D

Honestly it seems like all the tracks are good for us. Maybe with exception of Mexico which will probably be worse due to Mercedes engine and track layout.

bauc

FittingMechanics wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:51
bauc wrote:
Russia - good for us
Turkey- good for us
USA -good for us
Mexico - mix
TBC?
Saudi Arabia uknown
Abu Dhabi good for us

This is my take
So you are saying there's a chance? :D

Honestly it seems like all the tracks are good for us. Maybe with exception of Mexico which will probably be worse due to Mercedes engine and track layout.

I think we can get a few podiums if all cards play into our hand, lets face it, we can mix with the top 2 teams but to beat them regularly we still need more raw pace.

FittingMechanics

Hopefully we can move ahead of Ferrari in the next couple of races so that the team can take more risks in the remainder of the season. Often times I felt the team prioritizes midfield battle and doesn't put up a fight against top teams. It was to be expected earlier but we need to start changing our mentality.

djos

Super impressed by Russell, watch till the end. He somehow knows Daniel won the race and congratulated him and complimented his drive to win.

"In downforce we trust"

mwillems

CjC wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 11:39
Tit of tat I know
But isn’t it sad that when you are announcing the start of your new building project that should be all about the excitement of Aston Martins new factory.... you have a pop at Ron Dennis and the MTC :roll:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/why-a ... c/6667402/

Does anyone else get the feeling that the stroll F1 team look at others more than any other team instead of getting their head down and plough their own vision/success?
Could be. Could be that the question that was put to him was loaded, could be that we just take it as a complement and that he is using Mclaren as some sort of Benchmark.

He's a flamboyant billionaire high on his own success, so fair play to him, he knows more than us!
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 11:54
CjC wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 11:39
Tit of tat I know
But isn’t it sad that when you are announcing the start of your new building project that should be all about the excitement of Aston Martins new factory.... you have a pop at Ron Dennis and the MTC :roll:

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/why-a ... c/6667402/

Does anyone else get the feeling that the stroll F1 team look at others more than any other team instead of getting their head down and plough their own vision/success?
Agreed, this is classic Lawrence Stroll. I read the article and wondered what the point to all this was,” This is the reverse of what Ron Dennis did with [architect] Norman Foster, with the McLaren Technology Centre.” He’ll probably end up with a reverse of McLaren’s trophy cabinet as well.

It's an attention getter Drivel article. Otherwise, who cares about an few building going up?

diffuser

Xero wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:29
bauc wrote:
FittingMechanics wrote:
Russia - good for us
Turkey- good for us
USA -good for us
Mexico - mix
TBC?
Saudi Arabia uknown
Abu Dhabi good for us

This is my take
I don't think Brazil will be too bad for us, ran very well there in 2019. There's a couple of slow corners that expose the cars weakness, but the rest is a mix of power/braking with medium-high levels of downforce. I think it will be good.
Often Sprinkles of rain in Brazil that make it hard to predict.

Xero

diffuser wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 15:21
Xero wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:29
bauc wrote:
Often Sprinkles of rain in Brazil that make it hard to predict.
Definitely. Still my favourite track on the calendar, although Monza has grown on me! :wink:

bauc

2 days after and I'm still in shock :mrgreen:

Macklaren

FittingMechanics wrote:
Russia
Turkey
USA
Mexico
Brazil
TBC?
Saudi Arabia
Abu Dhabi

Any ideas which tracks might suit us? I've heard Saudi Arabia might be fast/flowing one that could suit our car. We need to get Lando and Seidl on the top step of the podium :).
TBC will be Qatar, right?

Ground Effect

Macklaren wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 19:37
FittingMechanics wrote:
Russia
Turkey
USA
Mexico
Brazil
TBC?
Saudi Arabia
Abu Dhabi

TBC will be Qatar, right?
It’s been reported that Losail in Qatar will be added. Based on the layout, I don’t think it’ll suit the 35M.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Zynerji

I'm looking forward to the memes when Lando misses the WDC by 6 points...🙄