2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
SiLo

Re: 2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

adrianjordan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:36
sosic2121 wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 12:41
_cerber1 wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 12:01

https://ibb.co/cNZg6RN
https://youtu.be/KR48Q5U0AGA
Nether of those videos proves anything. The majority of Max's DNF's were mechanical, as were Hamilton's.

As for the video showing Hamilton's crashes....I didn't watch past 2009 as most seemed to be in practice sessions or in appalling conditions.
lewis has been racing for a tad longer as well, statistically, he's likely to have more crashes XD
Felipe Baby!

Ryar

adrianjordan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:37
I've got a great solution. For the rest of the season Max and Lewis drive the Haas cars....
I love this idea. But do you think those who are complaining here would all buy the subscription? If they do, they won't come back to these free section threads and can control their urge to complain about all things life? Doesn't life get lonely in the premium section, like in the technical threads here? How long would like minded people put up together in a quiet manner? I feel like there is a generation gap that has come up here between the old timers and new bees and the legacy mindset of "all things were great in the past" is playing out loud. Imagine if more than two drivers get involved in championship fight next year. Where would it leave these complaints? But it's natural evolution of social places. Good or bad is purely subjective. :)
Hakuna Matata!

dans79

Ryar wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 18:38
Imagine if more than two drivers get involved in championship fight next year. Where would it leave these complaints?
While I don't speak for everyone I'd say a lot of us don't have a problem with the drivers, it's some of the fans of the drivers we take issue with! A lot of them think they should be allowed come in and post whatever flippant thing they feel like. And some are doing it for no other reason then to irritate people!
197 104 103 7

Ryar

dans79 wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 18:58
Ryar wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 18:38
Imagine if more than two drivers get involved in championship fight next year. Where would it leave these complaints?
While I don't speak for everyone I'd say a lot of us don't have a problem with the drivers, it's some of the fans of the drivers we take issue with! A lot of them think they should be allowed come in and post whatever flippant thing they feel like. And some are doing it for no other reason then to irritate people!
That again is subjective isn't it, if you or I talk about it? There are mods and one can report the posts which either of us think are "flippant thing" and if they take your report and remove the content, that then qualifies as unacceptable. If not, then we need to be gracious in accepting it and not continue complaining about it as it would have become a personal opinion and not a "flippant thing" really. I wouldn't call anyone by name or tag them as such and such because someone posts something that goes against my sensibilities. I report such posts and if mods reject my reporting, i move on. What's the point in complaining with other like minded people. But that's just me. I am ok with all sorts of posters here. No hard feelings on what they post. I post what I like
Hakuna Matata!

foxmulder_ms

ringo wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 14:13
The rules dont nees to change. The other drivers are doing just fine.
Hamilton had no issues dueling with any other driver on track for over 14 years now.
It's not the first he is duelling an at least equally fast car.
If Max changes his mentality then we will magically see the end of these type of incidents.
He just need to understand when he is outcrafted and fall in line to try again.

Same at Silverstone. Hamilton sold him a dummy beautifully. And again he was angered.

He just lacks to plethora of racing tools that some of the greats do. Max's main skill set is driving fast and playing chicken till the other guy bails out.

This is my last post in this thread. See you all in Russia for another crashtactic weekend!
This time we will see Max blocking Lewis in qualy!
very well said, sir!! =D> :mrgreen:

diffuser

adrianjordan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:37
I've got a great solution. For the rest of the season Max and Lewis drive the Haas cars....

That would be funny, the only thin funnier is Mazaspin in a RBR.

Manoah2u

foxmulder_ms wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 22:16
ringo wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 14:13
The rules dont nees to change. The other drivers are doing just fine.
Hamilton had no issues dueling with any other driver on track for over 14 years now.
It's not the first he is duelling an at least equally fast car.
If Max changes his mentality then we will magically see the end of these type of incidents.
He just need to understand when he is outcrafted and fall in line to try again.

Same at Silverstone. Hamilton sold him a dummy beautifully. And again he was angered.

He just lacks to plethora of racing tools that some of the greats do. Max's main skill set is driving fast and playing chicken till the other guy bails out.

This is my last post in this thread. See you all in Russia for another crashtactic weekend!
This time we will see Max blocking Lewis in qualy!
very well said, sir!! =D> :mrgreen:
Hamilton only has won 4 races this season. Max has 7, a whopping total of 3 more wins.
Yet, Hamilton is only 5 points behind him right now.

if i'm not mistaken, the most of the coming GP's will favor RBR less than the past GP's did.
AND, it's likely Max is going to take a engine penalty for Sochi. Now i am not sure whether Lewis HAS to too,
but i would be inclined to believe he can postpone it, and go for the win. Max might still make the podium,
i think 2nd would be just a bit too much with an engine penalty, though not impossible.
So if Lewis grabs the win, and Max 2nd, and neither gets a fastest lap, then they'd be on equal points in the championship. If Max finishes 3rd and Lewis 1st, then lewis will be in front again.

I think this will go down to the wire in Abu Dhabi.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

Wouter wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 13:08

26 DNF for Max in 7 years, mostly because the Renault PU and other mechanical failures.

And Lewis 24 DNF. How many PU and mechanical failures?
Just like to point out that according to StatsF1, Max and Lewis have had the following retirements

Retirements ----- Max - 29 Lewis - 27

Accidents/Collisions ---- Max - 13 ----- Lewis - 12

Races ----- Max - 136 ----- Lewis - 280

Retirement % ----- Max - 21% ----- Lewis - 9%

Accident % ----- Max - 9% ----- Lewis - 4%

So after actually looking at the real stats, it turns out Max has retired far more than Lewis when it comes to accidents. Lewis has less than 1 per season on average, Max has 2 per season on average.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

henry

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 09:31
Wouter wrote:

26 DNF for Max in 7 years, mostly because the Renault PU and other mechanical failures.

Just like to point out that according to StatsF1, Max and Lewis have had the following retirements

So after actually looking at the real stats, it turns out Max has retired far more than Lewis when it comes to accidents. Lewis has less than 1 per season on average, Max has 2 per season on average.
Interesting.

I think a fairer comparison would be Hamilton’s first 136 races where he and Verstappen had more similarly competitive cars.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

Wouter

NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

So after actually looking at the real stats, it turns out Max has retired far more than Lewis when it comes to accidents.

Lewis has less than 1 per season on average, Max has 2 per season on average.
This is not the right conclusion imo.

It is a pity that that overview does not show that Lewis has been leading the field in the past year in a dominant car.
The chance of crashing there with someone is minimal. His crashes are therefore mainly from the period before.

Max, on the other hand, mostly drove between the first 5/6 drivers, in addition, several crashes of Max during the FP's and warm-up lap. He also crashed a few times because drivers crashed around him, so completely beyond his fault.

That is the disadvantage of this kind of statistics, the context is not mentioned.
It would also be fairer if the two drivers' first 133 starts were compared, when Hamilton was not yet driving a dominant car against Toro Rosso and RBR and they both had equal experience in F1.
The Power of Dreams!

renault rs26

NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Silverstone this year you counted as Max's dnf and no Lewis', but Lewis caused it.You need to analyse races not put statistics.

e30ernest

henry wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 09:38
NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Interesting.

I think a fairer comparison would be Hamilton’s first 136 races where he and Verstappen had more similarly competitive cars.
Going by Wikipiedia, here are retirements from both drivers coming from either collisions or running off track:

Max Verstappen

Monaco: collision with Grosjean (Vers penalized)
Silverstone: Beaching on gravel

Moncaco: collision (barrier)

2017:
Spain: collission with Kimi and Bottas
Austria: Collision with Kyvat Fernando and Max (Kyvat penalized)
Singapore: Collision with Vettel and Kimi

Azerbaijan: Collision with Ricciardo

Belgium: Collision with Perez
Japan: Collision with Leclerc

Tuscan: Collision with Gasly, Kimi and Grosjean
Sakhir: Barrier

Silverstone: Collision with Lewis. Lewis penalized
Italy: Collision with Lewis. Verstappen penalized

Lewis Hamilton
China: Beached

Canada: Collision with Raikonnen in pitlane. Hamilton 10 grid penalty next race

Belgium: Collision with Alguersuari (domino from Grosjean)

Italy: Collision with Massa
Singapore: Collision with Webber

Canada: Collision with Button
Belgium: Collision with Kamui.

Belgium: Collision with Grosjean. Grosjean race ban.
Brazil: Collision with Hülkenberg

Japan: Collision with Webber

Belgium: Collision with Rosberg

Spain: Collision with Rosberg

Italy: Collision with Verstappen. Verstappen penalized.

NathanOlder

renault rs26 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 10:25
NathanOlder wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Silverstone this year you counted as Max's dnf and no Lewis', but Lewis caused it.You need to analyse races not put statistics.
If you analyse races and not statistics then you would say many incidents wouldn't count because it wasnt the driver in questions fault. So then it becomes opinion based and gets out of hand. I just used solid statistics and it shows Max has had as many incidents as Lewis, but in less than half the races. So ill stick with that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

henry

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 11:01
renault rs26 wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 10:25
NathanOlder wrote:

If you analyse races and not statistics then you would say many incidents wouldn't count because it wasnt the driver in questions fault. So then it becomes opinion based and gets out of hand. I just used solid statistics and it shows Max has had as many incidents as Lewis, but in less than half the races. So ill stick with that.
Statistics are not just numbers. You have to look at what you’re counting and how comparable any sets of numbers are. So the numbers for two comparable periods, the first 136 races, are comparable and total career numbers are not. IMHO
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

e30ernest

Palmer's analysis: