Silly season 2021-2022-2023

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
aMessageToCharlie

Re: Silly season 2021-2022-2023

NathanOlder wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:22
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:11
NathanOlder wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 23:47

I don't recall any spying going on related to Australia 2009 with a driver or drivers involved in taking sensitive info from 1 team to another. Please fill me in, what happened and who were involved.
A driver and his team were caught blatantly lying to the stuarts and fia about about gaining a position under sc.

Driver was asked by the stewards if he was told by his team to let another driver past and he said no which was a lie which could have resulted in this other driver being wrongly disqualified, had the lie not been discovered. Aka cheating. Which he was disqualified for. And still went on to win championships. Which was the main topic.
Oh you are mistakem, the main topic I was discussing with another user was about information being stolen from 1 team and taken to another team. Like Mclarens spygate mess. As I'm sure you are aware Stepney and Coughlan were sacked and removed completey by their teams for doing this. So as I said before, If a driver does this, he has no place in F1 and should be removed completely! So it has nothing to do with Australia 2009. Thank you.
Oh, excuse me. I thought this was about cheating per se being unacceptable and ALL cheaters should be thrown out of f1. But if we only count very specific kinds of cheating as relevant, then Australia 09 is OT of course.

Jolle

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:56
NathanOlder wrote:
aMessageToCharlie wrote:

A driver and his team were caught blatantly lying to the stuarts and fia about about gaining a position under sc.

Driver was asked by the stewards if he was told by his team to let another driver past and he said no which was a lie which could have resulted in this other driver being wrongly disqualified, had the lie not been discovered. Aka cheating. Which he was disqualified for. And still went on to win championships. Which was the main topic.
Oh you are mistakem, the main topic I was discussing with another user was about information being stolen from 1 team and taken to another team. Like Mclarens spygate mess. As I'm sure you are aware Stepney and Coughlan were sacked and removed completey by their teams for doing this. So as I said before, If a driver does this, he has no place in F1 and should be removed completely! So it has nothing to do with Australia 2009. Thank you.
Oh, excuse me. I thought this was about cheating per se being unacceptable and ALL cheaters should be thrown out of f1. But if we only count very specific kinds of cheating as relevant, then Australia 09 is OT of course.
Australia 2009 is a strange one, the engineer in charge denied giving Hamilton a directive, while he himself already said he had been given one. They subsequently told him to lie to the stewards. It's believed to be one of the things that made Hamilton leave Mclaren as soon as his contract was done. If you look at the video interviews around that time, you'll see the helplessness and dispair in Hamilton's face that he was doing something he didn't stand behind.

PlatinumZealot

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 14:56
NathanOlder wrote:
aMessageToCharlie wrote:

Australia 2009 was a clear case of abuse of power. Do you think a young professional who is "lucky he is in the richest sport in the world in the first place," would ever be so bold to reject the orders of a senior team figure?

Which world do you live in? :shock:

Yes,In young Lewis' mind he HAD to do what he was told in the instance he was.

That wasn't malicious anyway. He didn't cheat on track and he only was following orders to lie to the Stewards. His character wasn't stained in any way. Can't even be considered cheating. The mistake was giving Trulli back the spot when Lewis should not have, then listening to his team leader to lie to defend that choice. Nary a blemish.

On the situation with Fernando Alonso.. I really can't say how malicious it was in 2007. Alonso himself has yet to fully reveal what happened on his part in the scandal. But even so, the cloud for Alonso come from the "betrayal towards Ron Dennis" itself more than the cheating. There was also another "Betrayal towards Ferrari" and another "Betrayal towards Honda". The Singapore 2008 he was the beneficiary, but I honestly don't think he knew exactly what the plan was.... or did he? Anyway, he is the second driver I support so I take the good with the bad.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Just_a_fan

AM keeping Seb and Lance for next year. Good for Seb to get another year. No surprise that Junior gets to keep playing with Daddy's toys.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Tommy Cookers

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 18:19
.... The Singapore 2008 he was the beneficiary, but I honestly don't think he knew exactly what the plan was.... or did he? ....
always wanted to ask this ....

hasn't it been said that the crash was the Piquet's idea ? - to keep Piquet junior in his job

El Scorchio

Tommy Cookers wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 10:12
PlatinumZealot wrote:
.... The Singapore 2008 he was the beneficiary, but I honestly don't think he knew exactly what the plan was.... or did he? ....

hasn't it been said that the crash was the Piquet's idea ? - to keep Piquet junior in his job
I hadn't heard that before, but from what I've learned about Piquet Sr in general, he was so clever and wily that it could well be true!

Zynerji

El Scorchio wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 13:06
Tommy Cookers wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I hadn't heard that before, but from what I've learned about Piquet Sr in general, he was so clever and wily that it could well be true!
IIRC, There was a joke made that Alonso could win with a safety car, and that maybe Piquet should spin to give him one. After reality imitated that fiction, it was seen to be an order instead of a joke. One that the Piquet PR team quickly vilified Briatore and Symonds as the masterminds of a heinous plot.

Jolle

El Scorchio wrote:
Tommy Cookers wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Sacrifice your own son so his biggest rival (his teammate) could win? Nah..

El Scorchio

Jolle wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 14:21
El Scorchio wrote:
Tommy Cookers wrote:

Sacrifice your own son so his biggest rival (his teammate) could win? Nah..
It is very fanciful, I agree, but a fun thought to chew over. Maybe if it meant he'd potentially be able to keep his seat and an I scratch your back deal with Briatore (at the time) and Alonso wouldn't be a bad thing if it wasn't rumbled? Because he likely wasn't staying on merit anyway. Of course we all know how it turned out!

aral

Once again, the thread has gone way off topic. This is about silly season rumours, and not about who did what and when over the last x number of years. The past is the past.

El Scorchio

aral wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 15:04
Once again, the thread has gone way off topic. This is about silly season rumours, and not about who did what and when over the last x number of years. The past is the past.
Sorry! Bang to rights. Got sucked into an intriguing train of thought.

El Scorchio

Mazepin and Schumacher staying at Haas next season. One seat TBC at Alfa.

Looks like Mazepin was just being a **** with that '99' post, then.

RedNEO

El Scorchio wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 12:42

He didn’t stop there..
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/94621/ma ... woman.html

NathanOlder

El Scorchio wrote:

Unless he just meant Gio and the 99 is staying on for another year?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Manoah2u

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 18:37
El Scorchio wrote:

Unless he just meant Gio and the 99 is staying on for another year?
no, he posted #NM99 nikita mazepin 99.

he's indicating he's gonna get driver nr 99, as gio won't drive for F1 in 2022.
forgot with his untalented mind that he won't get that driver number for a while due to the regulations.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"