Caption Competition

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
djos

Re: Caption Competition

Hear, hear!
"In downforce we trust"

Wouter

adrianjordan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:40
Especially as all people seem to be doing is posting Memes that are readily available on Instagram anyway.
Almost makes me wonder if they aren't just trying to promote those Insta accounts.... 🤔
Well, this Sir isn't promoting his Insta account. Who knows a good caption for this picture?
What are they looking at and what are they thinking?

The Power of Dreams!

SiLo

What do you mean this is two outfits? It was all laid out on my bed so I thought it was one!
Felipe Baby!

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 11:10
adrianjordan wrote:
Especially as all people seem to be doing is posting Memes that are readily available on Instagram anyway.
Almost makes me wonder if they aren't just trying to promote those Insta accounts.... 🤔
Well, this Sir isn't promoting his Insta account. Who knows a good caption for this picture?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_NxeOxVQAU ... name=small
"You mean the dress has to be a lot shorter, like this?! You are out of your mind." (The man on the left)
The Power of Dreams!

djos

Wouter wrote:

Totally legit post for this topic.

Caption: Lewis: Does my bum look big in this dress?
"In downforce we trust"

adrianjordan

Wouter wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:

Exactly!! This is what the thread was supposed to be....

Also the guy on the right whispering...

"Who's going to tell him Max dared us to dress him like this?"
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Just_a_fan

Lewis wished he had a girlfriend so he could just wear the suit and not the dress as well.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Andres125sx

I was kidding Lewis!, did you really believe that´s for you? Ok my bad, with the clothes you usually wear I guess this didn´t look wrong for you

Big Tea

Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 20:14
I was kidding Lewis!, did you really believe that´s for you? Ok my bad, with the clothes you usually wear I guess this didn´t look wrong for you
No one remember Culture club?
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

djos

Hard to forget them! Great music!
"In downforce we trust"

Just_a_fan

djos wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 00:04
Hard to forget my dad's reaction when first seeing them on TV. Almost drowned in his tea! :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

djos

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 00:24
djos wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 00:04
Hard to forget my dad's reaction when first seeing them on TV. Almost drowned in his tea! :lol: :lol:
:lol: I bet, I'm not sure my dad ever saw them, at least not while I was around.
"In downforce we trust"

Manoah2u

Andres125sx wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 07:50
Manoah2u wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 18:30
Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Sep 2021, 17:15

And post race, Bottas confirmed that he has never done a shoey and won't be in the future. Good man - it's a disgusting idea.
not that i am any less disgusted by it - it's disgusting enough that the driver does it himself, but to have other drivers and team members do it is absolutely worse ( i don't even think i'd ever be allowed to kiss my wife again if i did such a thing ), a genuine question though: regarding the driver's socks being of the finest and most advanced material in the entire world, and being above all extremely fire-resistant - is it actually even possible, or likely, that the driver's sweat would even penetrate the socks? i would be inclined to think - perhaps completely wrong - that concidering that fire / heat should not penetrate through the driver's socks, wouldn't that then also mean that it's unlikely that sweat comes through?
No way, if sweat can´t pass throught the socks, then drivers feet would finisih the race sunked in sweat.

Sorry Manoah, but yes, sweat comes through socks and anyone doing a shoey is drinking Ricciardo feet sweat, period. Yes it is this disgusting :sick:
good point, then yes, it is disgusting yes. :?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

djos wrote:
15 Sep 2021, 11:21
Wouter wrote:

Totally legit post for this topic.

Caption: Lewis: Does my bum look big in this dress?
funniest of it all, if you actually saw lewis @ the gala, then the dress indeed got cut down to the middle, except for the outer right part (seen from the front).

i gotta say kudos to him promoting himself and stuff like that. i couldn't bare to even try it on, even less be taken seriously. yet here we are, a 7-time WDC promoting BLM and a variety of stuff in something of a dress of sorts.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Zynerji

Wouter wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:

Modern day gladiators now wear dresses.

WTF is this world coming to..🙄