2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Max <----> Fernando. :)

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Both are talking truth.

Ryar

Wouter wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 19:30

Good to see both having such a cordial relationship and respect for each other. I like both of them.

I always thought Max is more like Alonso, where he doesn't have a weakness per se. No circuit specific problems, no off weekends and both are strong in extracting performance from any car and importantly, no fake complaints over radio to make the wins look glorious!
Hakuna Matata!

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 09:09
Gillian wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 21:57
That makes sense. I think they are pushing back any engine penalty as far down the line as possible anyway. A race cancelled, another crash, rainy day, crazy qualy... We have seen a lot happen already so best is to wait until it really is no brainer or when you have no other choice.
You could be right.

From Christians column yesterday:

Sochi Up Next
I was looking through the results at the Russian Grand Prix and back in 2018, Max went from last to first before needing to make his pit stop. We were second there last year but it’s a circuit we have never won at.
It has been a Mercedes stronghold. For me, Monza and Sochi, I’ve them marked down mentally as Mercedes circuits so it will be a challenge.
We have the grid penalty to take for Max too, but in Sochi it’s not such a handicap because of the strength of the tow down to turn one.
I’m looking forward to it and seeing how we get on.
https://www.redbull.com/int-en/redbullr ... sy-does-it
So then it is all but confirmed that Verstappen will not take the new PU, unless there is a monumental stuff up and he is eliminated in Q1 or Q2. Logically, a case of waiting until after qualifying to decide whether to change the PU or not. :)

Wouter wrote:
Fernando is a great guy and great driver. I still don't understand why Red Bull continued to evaluate Albon, instead of signing Alonso when they had the chance before Renault pounced. A #14 Red Bull - Honda would have been great to see, and I think it unlikely that Alonso would have been too far off the pace at all! :)

With no disrespect to Sergio "Checo" Perez who is a great fit with RBR, I am not sure the #11 Red Bull is as quick as a #14 may have been. :?:
Last edited by JordanMugen on 21 Sep 2021, 11:31, edited 2 times in total.

Gillian

I think so too, yes.

Wouter

JordanMugen wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 11:27
Fernando is a great guy and great driver. I still don't understand why Red Bull continued to evaluate Albon, instead of signing Alonso when they had the chance before Renault pounced. A #14 Red Bull - Honda would have been great to see, and I think it unlikely that Alonso would have been too far off the pace at all! :)
I absolutely agree whit that, 100%. :D
The Power of Dreams!

velizare

JordanMugen wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 11:27
Wouter wrote:

With no disrespect to Sergio "Checo" Perez who is a great fit with RBR, I am not sure the #11 Red Bull is as quick as a #14 may have been. :?:
alonso and honda has a lot of bad blood between them. lets say he was never an option.

djones

I don't actually understand why Alonso is seen as some sort of god. What has he actually done this season?

He kept Hamilton behind for a few laps on a track you cant overtake.... yeah amazing #-o

He is only 5 points ahead of Ocon (Ocon!!!) and that's mainly because Ocon has had more DNFs.

The average qualifying gap shows Ocon has been faster in qualifying too.

godlameroso

Ryar wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 09:32
Wouter wrote:

Good to see both having such a cordial relationship and respect for each other. I like both of them.

I always thought Max is more like Alonso, where he doesn't have a weakness per se. No circuit specific problems, no off weekends and both are strong in extracting performance from any car and importantly, no fake complaints over radio to make the wins look glorious!
I find it strange how offended people get when you merely point something out. Your words may not even have been directed at anyone specifically, yet they still feel the need to lash out. This is the Red Bull team thread, but you wouldn't know it from half the comments. I agree, and even still to this day Alonso is still developing as a driver, Alpine was wise to snatch him up.

The biggest takeaway is that talent can plateau but skill is limitless. Verstappen is lucky to have learned this at such a young age, so he has a higher ceiling. It's only right, you can only get stronger by playing a stronger opponent.
Saishū kōnā

Ryar

godlameroso wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 14:48
Ryar wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 09:32
Wouter wrote:

I find it strange how offended people get when you merely point something out. Your words may not even have been directed at anyone specifically, yet they still feel the need to lash out. This is the Red Bull team thread, but you wouldn't know it from half the comments. I agree, and even still to this day Alonso is still developing as a driver, Alpine was wise to snatch him up.

The biggest takeaway is that talent can plateau but skill is limitless. Verstappen is lucky to have learned this at such a young age, so he has a higher ceiling. It's only right, you can only get stronger by playing a stronger opponent.
I really find such behavior amusing that people spend so much of mental energy to feel offended for something said about a driver. I didn't make any factually incorrect comment either as it is now a well established fact that, the driver in discussion has a history of making fake complaints, win the race and then proclaim, it was difficult race and all that. To the extent that, after a sim race in the COVID lockdown, even George Russel made a funny comment when he won a sim race and said his "tyres were gone" in a sarcastic manner!

I said sometime back that, Max is a very matured driver to his age. May be he came a little too early and learnt his lessons on the track, but his talent was never in question. He has learnt to handle his ups and down in a very subdued manner. One thing about Alonso that really stands out and a testimony to his immense talent is the fact that, he has spent so many years starting from the middle/back of the bunch in almost every race and almost always managed to come out without an incident in the first lap, while others are banging cars. Even at 40, that awareness is still there to witness. I wish he drives for Red Bull. It was a big mistake on his part to have rejected Red Bull offer for 2008.
Hakuna Matata!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Wouter wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 16:06
Video: Helmut Marko on RTL TV.

https://www.rtl.de/cms/formel-1-helmut- ... 34677.html
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

It's going to be grey skies with likely a qualifying washout. Meaning it may be Sunday morning qualifying on a wet track. Because of the cool temperatures the moisture will stay on track. I hope we don't have a repeat of Turkey last year.
Saishū kōnā

Zynerji

One of those "sticky" wet races (where there is just enough sprinkle that the track doesn't develop a dry line) would be super fun this weekend...😁

Just_a_fan

godlameroso wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 18:35
It's going to be grey skies with likely a qualifying washout. Meaning it may be Sunday morning qualifying on a wet track. Because of the cool temperatures the moisture will stay on track. I hope we don't have a repeat of Turkey last year.
That will be ok if the track allows overtaking. Otherwise it's a lottery for the result in the race.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.