2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ringo

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Alonso is very political. He is also loves numbers. He tends to support his enemies enemies and in this 2021 episode Alonso would rather Max get 1 championship that is not note worthy; meaning that it would not be tied to any record like youngest champ etc. Alonso would still be greater than him and keeps his place on the all time ladder.
Hamilton on the other hand will get 8 wdc if he wins, a noteworthy accomplishment. It is in Alonso's best interest that Hamilton does not get 8 titles.
Should Alonso have to fight Max for a title some day there will be greater dislike for Max than any other driver in Alonso's memory.
The remaining 8 races will be interesting. I can see Alonso block Hamilton even more and if required he will step out of the way to help Max.
There are othet drivers that will do this as well for Max. They are tired of Hamilton winning championships.
For Sure!!

Ryar

ringo wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 04:13
Alonso is very political. He is also loves numbers. He tends to support his enemies enemies and in this 2021 episode Alonso would rather Max get 1 championship that is not note worthy; meaning that it would not be tied to any record like youngest champ etc. Alonso would still be greater than him and keeps his place on the all time ladder.
Hamilton on the other hand will get 8 wdc if he wins, a noteworthy accomplishment. It is in Alonso's best interest that Hamilton does not get 8 titles.
Should Alonso have to fight Max for a title some day there will be greater dislike for Max than any other driver in Alonso's memory.
The remaining 8 races will be interesting. I can see Alonso block Hamilton even more and if required he will step out of the way to help Max.
There are othet drivers that will do this as well for Max. They are tired of Hamilton winning championships.
Alonso fought both Michael and Lewis and always regarded them high. So to say all this is pretty meaningless. These number games are a fun activity for fans. I doubt if established drivers care for it much.
Hakuna Matata!

etusch

ringo wrote:
Hamilton on the other hand will get 8 wdc if he wins, a noteworthy accomplishment.
May I know your drug dealer?

Alexf1

Alexf1 wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 19:18
Is Tanabe saying here that the new spec energy store did not come through the "reliability improvement regulation" but through regular update? That would mean the ES did not change between start of 2020 season and now, as you can do only 1 update in these 2 years. https://www.newsdirectory3.com/honda-f1 ... -gate-com/
That was already revealed in Zandvoort

Alexf1

Alexf1 wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 19:33
godlameroso wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:56
I would then wait for Turkey to take the engine penalty, a 3 place grid drop can be somewhat mitigated if Perez and AT does a good job. And being the change hinges on the ES waiting as long as possible to iron out all the kinks of the new battery pack can only help. If Ferrari takes an engine change in Turkey then it would lessen the pain of the penalty, or at least give Verstappen some company.
I'm not so sure Max needs a new ES. Could be the 2nd ES he got in Spa is already the new spec. Would be strange if your lead driver wouldn't get it first. Perez got the new spec ES 7 days later in Zandvoort. We only know about the new spec ES because it had to be mentioned in the Parc Fermee report as the cause of his start from the pitlane instead of back of the grid.
And flagged earlier

Wouter

In addition:

“In what will be the company’s final season in the sport, Honda F1 has managed to introduce the new ES - fitted with a lighter, low-resistance, highly efficient and ultra-high power battery cell - just in time for the start of the second half of the season.

“In order to achieve the ultimate goal of defeating Mercedes and winning the championship before leaving F1 at the end of the 2021 season, we recognised the need to enhance performance. As such, the development plan for the new ES was brought forward substantially from the original goal of 2022 to introduction during the 2021 season.”

The ES was fitted to Max Verstappen's car at the Belgian Grand Prix, and he duly secured pole position on its first outing. The rain-affected race resulted in a half-points victory, but Max followed that up with a dominant display throughout the weekend at his home race in Zandvoort, securing pole position and taking a comfortable victory.
https://honda.racing/f1/post/new-energy-store-f1
The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

ringo wrote:
Strange really. If I was beaten by someone, I'd feel better about it if they then went on to become the most successful of all time and break all the records!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

dans79

adrianjordan wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 14:22
Strange really. If I was beaten by someone, I'd feel better about it if they then went on to become the most successful of all time and break all the records!!
Usually hi level athletes hate losing, no matter what the circumstances might be!
197 104 103 7

adrianjordan

dans79 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 15:35
adrianjordan wrote:
Usually hi level athletes hate losing, no matter what the circumstances might be!
Haha
Maybe explains why I was never any good at sports lol
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ringo

adrianjordan wrote:
ringo wrote:
Alonso doesn't think he was beaten. :wink:
For Sure!!

Kingshark

ringo wrote:
Or maybe Alonso simply rates Max higher than Lewis. That is also perfectly possible, and using Ocam’s razor the simplest explanation is usually the best one.

Alonso has always rated Max very highly. He ranked him as the best driver on the grid as far back as 2019:

https://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/2807 ... ent-driver

Kingshark

I find it quite amusing how every time Alonso praises Verstappen, there’s a legion of armchair psychologist who attempt to decipher what exactly Alonso meant by his comments and what ulterior motives he has behind them.

How insecure do you have to be to behave like this?

It’s not as if Alonso hasn’t praised Hamilton in the past. When Lewis won his 5th title at Mexico 2018, Alonso was nothing but full of praise for him. He called him one of the greatest drivers of all time, on the same level as Schumacher and Fangio, etc…

Alonso calls Verstappen the best driver on the grid because that is what he believes, simple.

etusch

adrianjordan wrote:

Alonso was saying Ham is one of the driver who can do a bit better than car's standart but I think he now see that he can only be champ if his car is 1 sec faster than all other. If he could champ this year, this will be only meaningfull WDC for him with a bit dirt on it because of fia helps.

Wouter

From YT "Not only racing" account. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVihIB ... IHQ/videos (for more)

From YT "I can play" account. https://www.youtube.com/c/ICanPlayOfficial/videos (for more)

The Power of Dreams!