Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
NathanOlder

Re: Racing games

WaikeCU wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 13:20
NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 11:12
CMSMJ1 wrote:
17 Jun 2021, 15:01
Reminded to come back to this thread due to @nathanolder's signature - ref ACC

I have recently bought it and found myself CPU bound which is very irritating..I really must get onto upgrading! (I have used Asetto and Netkar previously and they are excellent)

So, in a fit of pique, I went old school and put Grand Prix Legends (GPL) back on.

I first raced GPL, as a demo, in 1998 and my first PC was built to race with it. A Pentium 2 with a 4mb ATI Rage card!

I joined a league, was a regular on RaceSimCentral and generally was addicted to GPL and was able to get a -11 rank in the end. If you know what that means, you can see it's not amazing, but decent.

Last night I setup the G25 and shifter into a 540 degrees rotation and did a short race at Kyalami. Wow. it was excellent. Maybe the rose tinted racing goggles helped but it was superb.

I thought I had done a few good laps and looked at my best in the game - last updated 2005!! Holy moly. I then had a look for some that I knew I had to beat - usually using the BRM as that is a pig and found I was over 2s away from the 'negative' time for that car at Kyalami.

Another hour later and I have improved and updated my rank in that car by 2 tenths of a second - a update to the scores that only took 16 years to deliver. I am fairly chuffed with that and am now going to aim for my negative 'monster rank' - which is the combined target times for all original tracks in each cars.
:lol: nice one. I had a brief go on GPL years ago but never really got in to it as at the time I didnt have a decent wheel etc.

I have just had 3 months out as Iv'e been busy but just got back in on wednesday for my first go back on ACC. It's just so adictive. I still race more on the PS5 as more of my friends are on there, but do use PC now an again.

There really should be enough of us here to get a group together on one platform or another for some F1Technical Sim Racing. With the level and realism of the current sim equipment, anyone who enjoys racing should definitely get in to it!
What about a F1technical sim racing team or get a team to be partnered with F1technical? Just to be associated with the name is already <3

I raced a lot of ACC before and now just gone into iRacing for the past month or so. Recently reached B-License.
Yes! an F1Technical team!!! That sounds like a great idea! Now thinking about some custom liveries etc 8)
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 13:21
WaikeCU wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 11:12

:lol: nice one. I had a brief go on GPL years ago but never really got in to it as at the time I didnt have a decent wheel etc.

I have just had 3 months out as Iv'e been busy but just got back in on wednesday for my first go back on ACC. It's just so adictive. I still race more on the PS5 as more of my friends are on there, but do use PC now an again.

There really should be enough of us here to get a group together on one platform or another for some F1Technical Sim Racing. With the level and realism of the current sim equipment, anyone who enjoys racing should definitely get in to it!
What about a F1technical sim racing team or get a team to be partnered with F1technical? Just to be associated with the name is already <3

I raced a lot of ACC before and now just gone into iRacing for the past month or so. Recently reached B-License.
Yes! an F1Technical team!!! That sounds like a great idea! Now thinking about some custom liveries etc 8)
Wait a minute...

Mate Saturn, were you always here before we even met on the race track? :lol:

It's me Waike. We raced in SOP =D>

CMSMJ1

I've still been plugging away in GPL - my oldest best lap is from March 2003... My newest, from yesterday!

It's such a great SIM.

If there was an ACC or AC related racing opportunity, I would be up for it. I have rarely joined online racing since I was big into GPL and GTR(2) back in the day.. 15 years ago..lol

Am looking to buy some newer mobo/CPU to get ACC running nicely.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

NathanOlder

WaikeCU wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 13:26
NathanOlder wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:

Wait a minute...

I had my suspicions, but I didn't want to say anything, as if you weren't who I thought you were, I would look a right fool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And yes, Iv'e been on here for around 10 years I think :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 14:44
WaikeCU wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:

Wait a minute...

I had my suspicions, but I didn't want to say anything, as if you weren't who I thought you were, I would look a right fool :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You bloody legend! :lol:

This for sure has made my day or my whole week! :D

NathanOlder

WaikeCU wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 15:14
NathanOlder wrote:
WaikeCU wrote:

Wait a minute...

I was sitting here laughing for a good 5 minutes about this :lol:

And it's good to know your a super passionate F1 fan :mrgreen:

Now we definitely have to start an F1Technical Sim team. There is definitely plenty of users here that sim race. Just need to be on the same platform. I guess PC is probably the way to go.

Have you done much racing lately ? I have just had 3 months out, had plenty to do so ha a break from it. Had my first race back on wednesday and despite racing at Zolder (not one I like) I really loved getting back in the cockpit
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

WaikeCU

NathanOlder wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 16:11
WaikeCU wrote:
23 Jul 2021, 15:14
NathanOlder wrote:

I was sitting here laughing for a good 5 minutes about this :lol:

And it's good to know your a super passionate F1 fan :mrgreen:

Now we definitely have to start an F1Technical Sim team. There is definitely plenty of users here that sim race. Just need to be on the same platform. I guess PC is probably the way to go.

Have you done much racing lately ? I have just had 3 months out, had plenty to do so ha a break from it. Had my first race back on wednesday and despite racing at Zolder (not one I like) I really loved getting back in the cockpit
Heck yea! I grew up watching F1. Think the first bits of F1 I saw was in '94 and it carried on ever since <3

I've been on the PC since February and ACC is/was my only racing game I played. I've done more iRacing lately. I've been working up the license ranks for the past month or so. The whole plan was to get into endurance racing on this game, but... I got booted off the team and I don't think they are willing to have me back even tho I made a lot of friends there.

I'd say, let's do it! I think I could use a fresh start and we do have a large community here. =D>
Any mods here that would encourage us to do so? :)

NathanOlder

So are there any others who use Assetto Corsa Competizione on PC or Playstation ?

Surely we can get a little race up and running at some point ? I have my own server so it would be easy for us to have a little go some time ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

CMSMJ1

I've just bought a new CPU and mobo to build a faster machine.

I'm up for a bit of winter racing in ACC.
IMPERATOR REX ANGLORUM

Zynerji

I'm tempted to dig the wheel out of the closet for this one....

NathanOlder

Yes! thats the spirit. So ACC on PC , any other interest ? Im sure I see Godlameroso regularly talking about sim driving, and Unf mentions playseat in his profile so surely we can get a few more ?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Zynerji

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 16:01
Yes! thats the spirit. So ACC on PC , any other interest ? Im sure I see Godlameroso regularly talking about sim driving, and Unf mentions playseat in his profile so surely we can get a few more ?
I'd have to buy another PlaySeat... I got rid of mine years ago.

I'd be way more interested in working on setups as a team thing. I'm way more of a Race Engineer than a Race Driver... :lol:

NathanOlder

Zynerji wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 16:03
NathanOlder wrote:

I'd be way more interested in working on setups as a team thing. I'm way more of a Race Engineer than a Race Driver... :lol:
very interesting, I would love to work as a team working on setups etc. What would be great would be to have an F1 Technical endurance team, where we could all work together on the car and race 1 car as a team.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Zynerji

NathanOlder wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 16:22
Zynerji wrote:
10 Sep 2021, 16:03
NathanOlder wrote:

very interesting, I would love to work as a team working on setups etc. What would be great would be to have an F1 Technical endurance team, where we could all work together on the car and race 1 car as a team.
My history shows that I am very good over 1 lap, but not so much over a race distance. The pit-stop phases and such were never one of my strong points.

But I can watch my team-mate lap, and make adjustments to the setup that allows them to drive how they want. My old partner would just run while I watched the camera that showed the outside of the car while cornering. I could see the suspension movements, porpoising, wing scrapes, etc, and make some changes, email the setup, and watch him drive more. It worked very well for several years, and he won lots of races. I tried the junior category of the same sim club, and finished 2nd in Monaco one race (I think there was only 5 finishers), but nothing that I would brag about... lol

NathanOlder

Just like to mention, I finally won my first race in the Pro Split at SOP on Assetto Corsa Competizione!

Was a 45min wet race around the Nurburgring, 3 races in to the season, and Iv'e had 2 pole positions, 3 podiums and the 1 win!

Here's a link to the SOP Broadcast race on Twitch (the race start is at the 19min mark)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1154443180

So happy to finally get my first win in my 3rd season in the Pro Split. :mrgreen:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.