2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

selvam_e2002 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 06:24
Ferrari bringing new PU at Sochi RU. "Its main purpose is to gain experience for the 2022 car project."

Why Renault aka alpine not doing that? if you want to win WDC and WCC you need to take some risk and spend money. without it is very difficult..... even number of rule changes.

Not sure what Alpine cooking behind the scene.
There 2022 engine is a split turbo so they can’t really do that. They wanted to focus everything on that engine and not split resources.. let’s see if it pays off.

factory_p

RedNEO wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 07:51

There 2022 engine is a split turbo so they can’t really do that. They wanted to focus everything on that engine and not split resources.. let’s see if it pays off.
The split turbo has never been confirmed. They confirmed they were evaluating it - hence the pic we all saw from Alonso's visit of the dynos - but not they would run it next year.

However the 2022 engine installation can still be different enough to not fit in this year's chassis - even without a split turbo. And even more to the point : they have made evo from last year's PU to this year (minor ones but still) so they can't bring a new version this year. Ferrari had kept several hybrid elements EXACTLY the same as 2020 so that's why they are allowed to upgrade these once in 2021.

EDIT : typo

RedNEO

factory_p wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 12:03
RedNEO wrote:

The split turbo has never been confirmed. They confirmed they were evaluating it - hence the pic we all saw from Alonso's visit of the dynos - but not they would run it next year.

However the 2022 engine installation can still be different enough to not fit in this year's chassis - even without a split turbo. And even more to the point : they have made evo from last year's PU to this year (minor ones but still) so they can't bring a new version this year. Ferrari had kept several hybrid elements EXACTLY the same as 2020 so that's why they are allowed to upgrade these once in 2021.

They pretty much confirmed it when explaining why they didn’t bring any real updates to the engine in the past 2 years to avoid splitting resources.. they’ve had there minds set on one direction for a while now.

selvam_e2002

Thanks Guys for the explanation. I am hopping what ever strategy Renault aka alpine following should succeed next year!

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 12:41
factory_p wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 12:03
RedNEO wrote:

They pretty much confirmed it when explaining why they didn’t bring any real updates to the engine in the past 2 years to avoid splitting resources.. they’ve had there minds set on one direction for a while now.
I agree neo.

diffuser

Good job by both drivers, Alonso is really on it. He could have had a podium had he put the softs earlier.

Michelangelo

I expected a surprise second row maybe even a P3 from Nando but yeah softs were a bit mistimed.

Michelangelo

That podium slipped away.

selvam_e2002

Yes. In race today Alpine and Alonso could be in Podium again missed the opportunity. I am not sure why they are not taking risk. They are not going to challenge wdc or wcc. Alsonso could be in P2 if he did the pit for inter. again missed opportunity.

RedNEO

Alonso was absolutely incredible. He should have been p2 because they didn’t pit him in time after he blew past everyone within reach when the rain came but the rain got stronger and others pitted where Alpine was taking a gamble it would stop but anyway nothing takes away that incredible drive from Alonso.

max_speed

selvam_e2002 wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:49
Yes. In race today Alpine and Alonso could be in Podium again missed the opportunity. I am not sure why they are not taking risk. They are not going to challenge wdc or wcc. Alsonso could be in P2 if he did the pit for inter. again missed opportunity.
I agree, does alpine have any race strategist. It was no brainer to go for inters 1 lap earlier. Rain sign was flashing. I guess they thought rain might clear up like lando thought and they were ready for podium but extra rain spoiled. I still feel they came out bit lucky. P6 ia not bad but they could have taken more risk.

peewon

'Nando couldve been P2 if pitted at the right time. Probably finishes P4 if it stays dry on merit. Guess it would feel a little disappointing for the team in the end but should be happy with the pace they showed.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:55
Alonso was absolutely incredible. He should have been p2 because they didn’t pit him in time after he blew past everyone within reach when the rain came but the rain got stronger and others pitted where Alpine was taking a gamble it would stop but anyway nothing takes away that incredible drive from Alonso.

A Master Class that went unseen on Sky. You need to have been watching on livie timing to see it.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 16:04
RedNEO wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 15:55

A Master Class that went unseen on Sky. You need to have been watching on livie timing to see it.
Yeah completely unseen by sky how strong he was. Kept up with faster cars, passed faster cars and was miles ahead of his teammate but I’m happy he still got a some well deserved points.

Pany

Yess, fantastic. I did not realise he put inters very late.... and kept good points aniway