2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Zynerji wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:59
the EDGE wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:44
JPBD1990 wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 09:28
Agree. I think it’s perfectly possible there was a disagreement, but the rest is embellishment with the intent of destabilising Ferrari and Leclerc himself.

Binotto has been the media (and fan bases) favourite ‘bad guy’ since we lost the ‘cool guy’ Arrivebene, made worse by the engine controversy. This is all just an extension of that. Any ‘angle’ they can spin, they will.
Of course it’s rubbish, he had the squits, that was fairly evident

However i disagree he is seen as the ‘bad guy’. Maybe at first he was blamed for a poor 2020 season but I think people soon came to see him as the right man for the job

I always thought he was to blame for the decision to, let’s say, ‘push the engine rules to the limit’ but I’ve come to understand this was both Arrivebene’s decision & the cause of the fallout between the 2 and the eventual reason for his downfall
I still believe it was Binnoto that wanted to cheat, as he was the one that stayed around and did the cheating with the 2019 engine...
You should read this. I’ve already posted it a few months ago.

https://www.google.at/amp/s/amp.formula ... hrPPh.html

codetower

MV8 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:45
Ced wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:39
Ferrari will run the new engine at Sochi. Only Leclerc
Good move, let's see how it goes, it's going to be really interesting to see despite of the rain, with some luck we see Leclerc doing good overtakes and risking :D :D
I think it's a bit risky in the rain. Easy to get into an accident, or more likely someone crash into you (cough cough, Mazepin) and then you need a 5th engine.

Unless they just assume the rain will have an effect anyway so maybe better to take the penalty here...

mika vs michael

Ferrari did not cheat...they found a loophole that Mercedes did not like...Mercedes controls the political game. It is evident the way Hamilton vs Verstappen is treated.
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

the EDGE

Zynerji wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:59
the EDGE wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:44
JPBD1990 wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 09:28
Agree. I think it’s perfectly possible there was a disagreement, but the rest is embellishment with the intent of destabilising Ferrari and Leclerc himself.

Binotto has been the media (and fan bases) favourite ‘bad guy’ since we lost the ‘cool guy’ Arrivebene, made worse by the engine controversy. This is all just an extension of that. Any ‘angle’ they can spin, they will.
Of course it’s rubbish, he had the squits, that was fairly evident

However i disagree he is seen as the ‘bad guy’. Maybe at first he was blamed for a poor 2020 season but I think people soon came to see him as the right man for the job

I always thought he was to blame for the decision to, let’s say, ‘push the engine rules to the limit’ but I’ve come to understand this was both Arrivebene’s decision & the cause of the fallout between the 2 and the eventual reason for his downfall
I still believe it was Binnoto that wanted to cheat, as he was the one that stayed around and did the cheating with the 2019 engine...
Yes my initial thought, but what else was he supposed to do?

Look what happened with the PU in 2020, I don’t think choosing not to ‘cheat’ as you put it, of his own accord was really an option open to him

Then he probably would have been assassinated by the Tifosi, not to mention his own board

I think if the engine rule work-around was his idea he would have been fired come 2020

His response was to build a top class chassis & set about overhauling the PU, which to be honest they ain’t done a half bad job of so far

I think they’ll be back challenging for wins again next year 4 sure, thanks to his leadership

JPower

This is one weekend I hope it doesn’t rain. Leclerc and Sainz are close enough to where we could see a decent A/B comparison between the two cars.

Pany

Is mercedes formula since 8 years.... i am surprised i still keep watching.....
mika vs michael wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 21:02
Ferrari did not cheat...they found a loophole that Mercedes did not like...Mercedes controls the political game. It is evident the way Hamilton vs Verstappen is treated.

ryaan2904

wowgr8 wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 19:44
Ferrari need to equip their customers with the new parts ASAP. They need all the data possible
They hardly have the parts to equip leclerc tho, so I don't see this new spec engine on any customer team anytime soon.
Also, I doubt any team would give experimental parts to their customers
CFD Eyes of Sauron

codetower

ryaan2904 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 08:40
wowgr8 wrote:
Ferrari need to equip their customers with the new parts ASAP. They need all the data possible
They hardly have the parts to equip leclerc tho, so I don't see this new spec engine on any customer team anytime soon.
This, and you also risk your customers allowing someone from Merc or Redbull to come in and "inspect" your engine possibly? I wouldn't trust anyone just yet, at least until the 2022 specs are all homologated.

wowgr8

ryaan2904 wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
What do Alfa have to lose? They don't get points in normal conditions, the new parts would make them quicker, and if they have a DNF or two it wouldn't matter because they don't get points anyway. Plus this is all to their benefit next year, they want a better PU just like Ferrari. Haas have absolutely nothing to lose

ryaan2904

wowgr8 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 17:36
ryaan2904 wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
What do Alfa have to lose? They don't get points in normal conditions, the new parts would make them quicker, and if they have a DNF or two it wouldn't matter because they don't get points anyway. Plus this is all to their benefit next year, they want a better PU just like Ferrari. Haas have absolutely nothing to lose
As I said before, it's probably 90% due to unavailability of parts. 10% cuz of Fred's ties with toto wolff :lol:
But yeah, as codetower pointed out, the chances of an ip leak increase a lot even with your own customer teams.
CFD Eyes of Sauron

Ced
Ced

wowgr8 wrote:
23 Sep 2021, 17:36
ryaan2904 wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
The problem must be logistics as they just manage to produce only one engine. But as you mentioned for the customers and Alfa Romeo in particular, when it will become available it's a no brainer.

codetower

So what should the race strategy be for Leclerc now that he is starting at the back. Do you even waste tyres during qualifying? Save up the mediums, go for a 2 stopper Med-Soft-Med hoping one of them is under a safety car? Or do you still push and see how the new unit does?

ryaan2904

codetower wrote:
24 Sep 2021, 01:50
So what should the race strategy be for Leclerc now that he is starting at the back. Do you even waste tyres during qualifying? Save up the mediums, go for a 2 stopper Med-Soft-Med hoping one of them is under a safety car? Or do you still push and see how the new unit does?
Softs look like they'll burn down after 3 laps or something. Not a race tyre, especially when the track will lose rubber as it rains tomorrow.
Hard - medium it is. Very beneficial since others probably don't want to start with softs but will do anyways due to that one team wanting to reach q3
Also 2 stopper should be a no go here in Russia but I'm not sure
CFD Eyes of Sauron

JPower

Question:

Is there a practice session this year that at least one of the two Ferrari driver hasn't spun? :lol:

JPower

According to Sainz, Ferrari didn't attempt a quali run during FP2. Seems like they've got a little left in the tank there.

He's worried about graining on the softs, Charles says he didn't experience any on the harder compounds. I hope they are better prepared for a wet quali than they were at Spa.